Metro North progress shots

malikrthr

Right now, the route is going good. No sign of fatal errors just yet. Probably soon since my video drivers are almost 30 months old. But here is some more progress shots of My Metro North route. It is still around High bridge in the Bronx. I am hoping to finish the whole project in 3 years or so. It consists of the Hudson Line, Harlem line, and New Haven line. I am saving for a desktop, mabe gaming with dedicated graphics, near 4Ghz, and intel core i7 extreme edition 2nd generation. Once I get a dekstop, probably in a couple of months, I will transfer the route to it so the fps will be alot higher and smoother. Here's the pics.
Here is something ultra rare.
A CSX sd40 towing some amfleets towards Highbridge and making it's way up the Hudson.
Screen_008.jpg

Some JVC trees being placed while I am editing the route
Screen_003.jpg

Stopping the car to view the metro north diesel consist continuing it's journey on the Hudson line
P32ac-dmfromdeegan.jpg

Watching 2 Penn Central GP38 and some boxcars sitting on some freight tracks a tad north of Highbridge
PCgp38.jpg

Sitting in the cab of an old path k subway car under the Deegan rotting
SittingincabofabandonedpathkcarunderDeeganExpwy.jpg

Shoreliner III's speeding behind the shrubs
PennCentralGP38andboxcarsunderDeegan.jpg

More trees
Moretrees.jpg

kawasaki M8 test train heading to the Kawasaki Plant in Yonkers
M8testtraintowardskawasakiplant.jpg

Bombardier Metro North M7 approaching the Highbridge area
M7approachingHighbridge.jpg

CSX c-40 approaching the end of the Oakpoint line
CSXc40atendofoakpointline.jpg

Some more progress shots, These are some of when I started 2 weeks ago.

Inside cab of shoreliner III heading to GCT
InsidecabofShorelinerIIIspeedingtowardsGCT.jpg

Fake M3 (R46) heading to Yankee Stadium and East 153rd street station bypassing the Amfleet I's that are being towed.
FakeM3r46flyingpastamfleets-2.jpg

Cars parked at Highbridge facility
CarsparkedatHighbridgeyardparkinglot.jpg

Watching CSX and Metro North at bridge south of Cross Bronx expwy
watchingCSXandmetroNorthrailroadfromoverheadbridge.jpg

Sitting inside New Haven P32ac-dm bypassing Highbridge
P32ac-dmatidle.jpg

Service road on the side of Harlem River and Oak point line
oakpointtracksandHarlemRiver.jpg

Metro North and boxcars
metronorthonhorshoecurve.jpg

M7 sitting in Highbridge yard for the day
M7inHighbridgeyard.jpg

Metro North M7 and shoreliners
M7andshoreliner-Highbridgeyard.jpg

Keep up the work! It's an ambitious project, but you seem to have the passion for it...;)

Thanks.:). I plan to keep on going with this project. The only time I give up on projects is when I get the fatal error over and over again. I feel good doing this since I know alot about the hudson line.

Is there anything I need to fix right now or is everything good on this route. I am trying to make it as close to real life as possible without making the fps suck badly. It's not to bad right now, but I would like to keep it above 20.

I just have one question. I have asked some people about this issue about 10 times in the past but never really got a helpful response. Does anyone know how I can update my display drivers. I think that is the same thing as my video drivers for my Inspiron 1545 laptop. I ran trainzdiag and specs and other stuff passed the test but I got a warning about my video drivers reaching 30 months old. I think this could be the cause of me getting fatal errors sometimes when I have nothing faulty or missing. Would trainz run any better if I updated it? I am not going to attempt to update it until I really know how to do this, because I heard, if you update it with the wrong drive, you will have many problems.

You need to give us more information. What video card does your laptop have? Or does it have integrated graphics on your motherboard? Sometimes updating your drivers helps...sometimes not so much. The good news is...if done properly...you can always go back to the drivers you were using before. I've done it many times. :eek:

Cheers,
Fred

Last edited:
I'll give more details tomorrow. How do you like the route by the way? I hope to get most of the route as accurate as possible without much lag.

Time for an update everyone. How do you like this?

Here, we have a Penn Central GP38 that is about to tow some former ACMU in the early morning.
PCgp38andformeracmu.jpg

Here is when I the Cross Bronx Expwy was in it's early stages.
NearCrossBronxExpwy.jpg

Metro North GP35 at idle sitting on Track 2 under Cross Bronx Expwy.
MNgp35.jpg

Watching Metro North freight cars from inside the cab of an M3 (R46)
MNfreighcar.jpg

Metro North FL9 hauling shoreliners towards Poughkepsie. Shot was taken just south of Highbridge.
MNfl9expressheadedforPoughkepsiesouthofHighbridge.jpg

M7 south of Roberte Clemente Park station.
M7southofRoberteClementePark.jpg

M7 south of Cross Bronx Expwy.
M7approachingtheCrossBronxExpwy.jpg

Looking at Cross Bronx Expwy from the northern end of the Highbridge yard.
Lookingatcrossbxexpwyfromthenorthernendof.jpg

Inside cab of M7 looking at MN P32ac-dm Genesis unit #208
Insidecabofm7lookingatGenesis.jpg

Inside cab of M3 looking at the Projects
Insidem3R46lookingatprojects.jpg

Watching the Major Deegan Expwy from Washington Heights.
DeeganExpwy.jpg

Construction at the Cross Bronx Expwy
Constructionatcrossbxexpwy.jpg

Amtrak P40 and Amfleets sitting at South Highbridge
Amtrakp40nearHighbridgeemergency.jpg

Any idea how I can get magicland's Amfleets to work in TS12?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Dumb textures...

Last edited:
I think enough time has passed to warrant a new post. Anyway, there's some really great HOG modules on the DLS. Look for "Bronx North" and "Bronx East". The former covers the Harlem Line from 125th St to Pawling (you'll still need to do GCT and Pawling to Wassaic), and the latter covers all of the Southern Connecticut Mainline from Harlem-125th St, NY, to Westerly, RI.

On that note, there's something funky with the custom horn sound I downloaded for the M8s. The WAVs work fine in the Windows environment but not in TS12.

I'm sorry but I am no longer working on this project. I am working on something alot better than this that will blow this right out of the water. I don't know if you read on one of the thread but I am working on someting called the Major Tri State Area Project. It includes all Metro North lines East and West of the Hudson
River, Oak Point line, LIRR, Amtrak's NEC, and Empire connections, CSX river line, and some NYCTA. The thread for that project is Major Tri State Area Project. I am going to post some new pics once I get the chance. This thread was good while it lasted. I am using basemaps and the street view of google earth so the major tri state project looks even better than this.

I'm sorry but I am no longer working on this project. I am working on something alot better than this that will blow this right out of the water. I don't know if you read on one of the thread but I am working on someting called the Major Tri State Area Project. It includes all Metro North lines East and West of the Hudson
River, Oak Point line, LIRR, Amtrak's NEC, and Empire connections, CSX river line, and some NYCTA. The thread for that project is Major Tri State Area Project. I am going to post some new pics once I get the chance. This thread was good while it lasted. I am using basemaps and the street view of google earth so the major tri state project looks even better than this.

Hands down, the COOLEST project I have heard about yet! Tri-state area railroading is unbelievably action packed...and unfortunately way out of my league for me to successfully model :( Needless to say I'm happy to hear that someone is taking on the challenge! Good luck!

Thanks. Have you seen the pics so far. I have been building the route so far on my laptop. I hope to build on a desktop soon. I hope to not give up on this project. I have given up on all my other projects but since about half of them were within the tri state area, they will be in this major route and maybe look better since I am using even more resources and references than I was using before.

Back