Station question

Dmetrey

Hi all,

here's a question - Is it possible to make the train approaching a station make more faster? Im creating a subway map using AJS Invisible stations, and like in real life, they dont enter the station at 18km/h.

Dmetrey.

The short answer is "no". The approach speed is probably hard coded into the program, not the individual station assets. When Trainz 2010 first came out there were users who reported a problem with trains overshooting or completely ignoring AJS stations because of a speed issue - I believe this was caused by a change in the physics (braking distances, etc) that Trainz 2010 introduced.

The longer answer is "yes" but it is a lot of trouble to achieve. It is possible to "adjust" the physical behaviour of locomotives by altering brake pressure, maximum speeds, etc using CM but the changes are notoriously fiddly, would require a detailed knowledge of train physics and everyone who downloaded your subway layout with the higher speed approaches would have to make the same manual adjustments to their locomotives.

Peter Ware

Hi all,

here's a question - Is it possible to make the train approaching a station make more faster? Im creating a subway map using AJS Invisible stations, and like in real life, they dont enter the station at 18km/h.

Dmetrey.

I accomplish this by placing a track marker just short of the end of the station. You will need to check and move the marker depending on each station.

Trains are issued a Navigate to track mark command. The next command is Navigate to Station XXX and then a Load command.

It is a pain in the back to do this with each station, but since I use the schedule library, it cuts down on the pain a little bit.

Depending on how long the station is, I have had trains enter a station at 55 mph, and start slowing until they hit the track mark. They immediately "see" they are in the station and the Load command takes over, slowing and stopping the train as the Load command usually works.

By playing around with the position of the track mark, you can usually get a close rendition of what it would look like in real life.

Hope this helps.

Travlar

Back