can you record video of what you have created in trainz 2006?

tactikalwarfare

i was wondering if i can record my trainz running. i would like to be able to get it into a file that i can run through a video program and make a dvd to play on my tv...

you guys have any ideas on this?:confused:

thanks all....GOOD DAY!!!!!:)

The easiest way is to use a program called Fraps
But as it runs at the same time as TRS you will loose frame rate speed because of the recourses being used at the same time.

The way I do it is to capture the video on another computer but you would need a capture card in the second machine and the computer you have TRS on would need to have a video output. Remember that when making a video for use on a TV you can drop the resolution on the game to 640x480 as TV is only 480 lines anyhow.

Last edited:
thanks tonyvdb for the quick reply...!!!

i will give it a try, my son loves trains and i figured it would be cool to have a video he could sit and watch on the big screen....;)

thanks again for the help....:) GOOD DAY!!!!

Instead of FRAPs, I've been using ZDSoft's Game Recorder http://www.zdsoft.com/game-recorder/ , uses less resources than FRAPs so you get better performance, the FPS will show twice FRAPs and you can record twice the video (60 sec. compared to FRAPs 30sec.) each time.

ahhhh, how do you get decent frame rates with ZD-soft, when i record with it it slows from 25-30 frames to 1-2 frames and records the video, so when i go to look at it its going 1-2 frames at a time......now when i use fraps i get something like theres a virus on it and i cant delete the folder that has it and stuff

help?

Back