"Asset does not matcn database record"

dicksan

In trainz 2010, after repairing the database in Content Manager, it reports the error "Asset <kuid xx:xx> does not match the database record" on several of my content items.

Could someone tell me what causes this and how to repair it? Thanx!

In trainz 2010, after repairing the database in Content Manager, it reports the error "Asset <kuid xx:xx> does not match the database record" on several of my content items.

Could someone tell me what causes this and how to repair it? Thanx!

Again..... you don't as that is what has been repaired.

I get that message all the time. As per the HelpDesk: "it is a diagnostic message". The email I got went on to say that it really means nothing to the user. Forget about it.

Bill

Tnanks for your fast response to my questions. The only thing I will add is that the same error occurs for the same assets every time I repair the database-- so apparently no repairs are made.

Thanx again

If the assets that are giving this error to you are built-in, then highlight them and choose "Revert to original" in the context menu (right-click). That may cure the error.

EDIT: If not, then you might try deleteing them and re-downloading them.

Bill

There is nothing broken. Here is what that message means in plain English. All the assets in Trainz are stored in folders on your hard drive. Trainz maintains a database of what assets are in what folder and if you have more than one version of an asset it knows which one is the newest one. Other data about the assets is also stored in the database. Sometimes the database gets out of sync and no longer matches the correct information about the assets on your drive. Think of it like this, the database thinks that asset A is stored in folder 123 when it is really in folder 456. This will produce the asset does not match database record error but the repair routine will update the database with the correct location so if your EDR ends by reporting 0 errors and 0 warnings then everything is in sync again.

You may be closing down your computer too quickly after quitting Trainz. The database manager continues to run for a few minutes after you quit. If you shutdown your computer during that process then the database is corrupted and needs to be repaired again.

The bottom line is that if at the bottom of the database repair screen it says 0 errors and 0 warnings then everything is in working order.

William

Back