Attn: VULCAN

mtldrm38

I found a texture change from 2006 to 2010 situation
In 2006 I had the asset DAM_CONCRETE which I used a lot...
Now I found in 2010 that the file was updated and original obselete but problem is the update is a completely different texture
BRICK_ROAD_TEXTURE Any chance the original has been updated under a new kuid number?

thnx
Dave =)

Last edited:
mtldrm38 (Dave)

re-asset DAM_CONCRETE kuid:64038:896029 or 2:64038:896029:1

KUID:64038 is jkeenan,

Ian's (Vulcan) is KUID:60238

DAM_CONCRETE by Vulcan is kuid2:60238:21133:1

BRICK_ROAD_TEXTURE by Vulcan is kuid2:60238:21000:1

and are available from the DLS in good condition. (Just tried it to be sure.)

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Dave, hope it is clear now, thanks Bill.

The dam concrete was needed to paint the ground behind the dam, without it, the dam was see-through when looking through the water from the rear of the wall.

It was updated to work in a later build, and the brick road was used for the San Franscisco route by NormP. Sometimes an asset accidently obsoletes the incorrect model, but not in this case.

Ian

OK thnx sorry about kuid number mix up I had jotted down the number in error but situation was correct with some how 2010 having the updated number as brick road instead of dam concrete........

thnx Dave

Brick Road Texture,<kuid2:60238:21000:1>
Dam Concrete,<kuid:60238:21000>

this was copied from cmp in 2010 and on DLS shows the corrected versions
sorry thought i was goin crazy strange to say.....

I was able to redownload the corrected versions from the dls....thnx

Dave =)

Dave,

This looks like one of the obsolete problems I mentioned, done in 2009, I had forgotten the issue:

I had uploaded the brick road texture accidently using the same asset number as the dam concrete (21000:1). Because it is a version 1 asset, it obsoletes the dam concrete (21000).

I had to change the number of the concrete model to 21133 in order to upload it and make it available again. It was then not possible to use the obsolete function to maintain the version sequence, (you cannot have two new assets obsolete the same asset, except by using the version sequencing system).

Any older map that uses the first number might now show the texture as a brick road one. This would have to be deleted manually in Surveyor and replaced by the latest dam concrete one. Without the version sequence, CMP will not automatically retrieve the latest correct concrete texture.

Sorry for the confusion, my fault.

Ian

Dave,

This looks like one of the obsolete problems I mentioned, done in 2009, I had forgotten the issue:

I had uploaded the brick road texture accidently using the same asset number as the dam concrete (21000:1). Because it is a version 1 asset, it obsoletes the dam concrete (21000).

I had to change the number of the concrete model to 21133 in order to upload it and make it available again. It was then not possible to use the obsolete function to maintain the version sequence, (you cannot have two new assets obsolete the same asset, except by using the version sequencing system).

Any older map that uses the first number might now show the texture as a brick road one. This would have to be deleted manually in Surveyor and replaced by the latest dam concrete one. Without the version sequence, CMP will not automatically retrieve the latest correct concrete texture.

Sorry for the confusion, my fault.

Ian

Would the "obsolete-table" fix that, ;) or is that container obsolete? :confused:

Regards.

I would have had to obsolete the brick road texture first with another dam texture to get back to the original version sequence. Then the brick road would have been replaced by a concrete texture in all the San Franscisco maps. :eek:

By accidently using the same asset number for two different assets it has killed the obsoleting options. I do have a complete spreadsheet of all my assets kuids used, but slipped up on this one.

Ian

Back