Old favorite: putting a face to a name.

caddylars

Alphadog
Not quite sure the time or the place is right, but in the previous forum this tread was a huge one.
Many new, has joined us since then, and i would like to bring this old favorite back to life.

Why? simply to see the face behind our nick's

I'll go first. And hope you guys will follow

This picture is taken a couple of years back. The gorgeous thing hanging out the window is my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is me running a Diesel dinner train on the Valley Railroad (Essex, CT)

db_x.jpg

Also chugging along in Nr 97 (4-8-0) of the same road

eb_x.jpg

Bill

Just another pretty face!

me2.jpg

Well actually I look a little more like this.

me.jpg

Cheers, Dave

Linda! How very nice to "see" you. Hope you will be enjoying spring soon in the Northlands. It appears by the construction equipment in the background that you may be doing a bit of excavating yourself.

I enclose my photo.

fp_1.jpg

Yours,

Prestage

Last edited:
image5do1.jpg

Me and the missus.....a couple of party animals...:D
I always thought that this is how someone with the username, Sourdough, should look....:cool:

Mug shots!

Well here goes. This is an old one when I was thin enough to get into the manhole on a GWR boiler!

5972manhole8po.jpg

And an even older one. I'm the one in the pushchair trying to get the number of the brand new Deltic! Looks like my Mum was doing the same!

delticandbabycn4.jpg

As a matter of interest this picture was taken at Heck in Yorkshire. A few years ago a GNER train was derailed after hitting a Land Rover about half a mile to the left. It continued (off the rails) in the same direction as the Deltic until a set of points slewed it slightly to one side, causing a head on collision with a Freightliner class 66. The wreckage of this accident ended up about half a mile to the right.

I still visit this area to view trains at high speed and always pay my respects to the unfortunate casualties.

John.

Good to see this thread back. It was always good to be able to see who the otherwise anonymous people on this forum really look like (usually themselves funnily enough...)

Well, here I are in the cab of one of my favourite locos in NZ a couple of years ago:

ab778ds6.jpg

You can also find me in 2006 as the driver Gus:

driverme256zp1.jpg

Cheers
Tony

nice jim, i see there was an addition to the family!

Heres one...

MeonFGLK2304.jpg

Thats me standing on the front step of FGLK 2304, about 2 years ago.

Cheers,
Sean A.
TER Route Builder

Back