Very Thankful

JimBrand

Grumpy Old Trainz Addict
Ok - I have grunted and groaned about crashes, fixes, compatibility etc. I have reinstalled 2006, 2009 and 2010 after catastrophic failures more times than I want to count.:confused:

STILL. . . .

1) Trainz has provided me with hundreds - maybe thousands of hours of always challenging and fascinating fun. Its complexities and power are unrivaled. And I am always mentally stimulated by working on fixes and challenging conundrums.

2) It has been well worth every penny I have paid for it - including after market goodies.

3) The Trainz Community has always been helpful, supportive and, well, just cool to interact with.

4) I know of no other simulator that gives me such freedom to edit content, adjust and tweak parameters, and design my own simulations.

5) I learn something new everyday.

6) It allows me a great creative outlet.

7) No matter how frustrated I get by my own lack of knowledge and toss up my arms and walk away from Trainz for a few days - I am always drawn back to it, reengage, and recommit myself. Trainz has been as complicated, as seductive, and as stimulating:udrool: as the most alluring of women:p .

So - I just wanted to say it: Thanks Trainz! It is early Sunday morning for me - a good time to count blessings.

JimBrand

...7) No matter how frustrated I get by my own lack of knowledge and toss up my arms and walk away from Trainz for a few days - I am always drawn back to it, reengage, and recommit myself. Trainz has been as complicated, as seductive, and as stimulating:udrool: as the most alluring of women:p ...

JimBrand

Yes, but definitely no substitute!

Rob.

What a breath of fresh air. I agree with your comments. Trainz certainly is a fickle programme but it still has a lot going for it. It has given me many hours of pleasure - and frustration too. We need to bear in mind that it is only a game.

better than crossword puzzles

Jim:
Good post and I agree... it's better than sitting around working crossword puzzles to keep the mind active.
After slogging thru the thread about " the end " this morning, your post is a welcome relief.

Last edited:
Jim:
Good post and I agree... it's better than sitting around working crossword puzzles to keep the mind active.
After slogging thru the thread about " the end " this morning, your post is a welcome relief.

Amen Brother. I find that this forum is self policing in that people that cannot spell, compose an intelligible sentence or employ foul language rarely post more than once or twice. Mainly though, it is not their fault, more likely (at least in part), it is a failed educational system that devours billions of taxpayer dollars and continually asks for more without meaningful improvement. Sorry if I offended any current or former educators out there in TRAINZ land.

Last edited:
Totally agree with JimBrand. Even when I have had glitches I don't resort to the seemingly modern trend of lashing out like some crazy. Even with occasional health probs that can constrain me at times I have Trainz to keep me ticking over and often better medicine than the four landed with (!). It was a great find - by fluke years ago now. I realised that a complete non techy like me could actually build things and reasonably too. When I hit big headaches there have been people on or sent a message to help. I have two large routes that are still being either worked on or occasionally touched up one of my own city (fromer giant tramway) and the NIR (in Ulster) were of special importance to me as I have connections over there and visit. These could never have been done any justice on MTS even if I learned the long learning curve.

Well done Australia!

Back