Forrest Runner: 6
Subway125: 1
Red TVRM: 6
Corycoen12345:

Last edited:
  • Red_TVRM
  • Zorronov
  • mezzoprezzo
(With a special personal vote for stmsoccer's screenie with the big-noggin' guy on the right. :p ;))

Regards.

I would like to make one comment before voting this week. I think the people models in Trainz are probably the low point of the sim. They really don't look very good compared to other computer simulations. So choosing this topic for the competition is handicapping the screenshots to begin with. That said...my votes are:

mezzoprezzo
Forest Runner
subway125

Cheers,
Fred

I would like to make one comment before voting this week. I think the people models in Trainz are probably the low point of the sim. They really don't look very good compared to other computer simulations. So choosing this topic for the competition is handicapping the screenshots to begin with. That said...my votes are:

mezzoprezzo
Forest Runner
subway125

Cheers,
Fred

That might be true for some creators' people models, but others do not seem to be that bad to me. Take even Auran's built-in passenger models: they are quite good (note that that is not the same for Auran's older scenery people models). Also, I think that Elvenor's Western passengers are also great. There are probably more that are great. The fact is that a high-quality human model might also have a high polygon count. So, the passenger models by Auran and Elvenor might just be some good examples of good human models with okay polygon counts. ;)

Regards.

The fact is that a high-quality human model might also have a high polygon count. So, the passenger models by Auran and Elvenor might just be some good examples of good human models with okay polygon counts. ;)

Yes...that has occurred to me. Never the less, they still aren't very good.

Cheers,
Fred

My votes:

Zorronov (“I’d give that another 15 minute if I were you!”):D

Stmsoccer

Forest Runner

Interesting discussion regarding the realism of model people.

Some are definitely better than others. The neoklai ones are particularly good. More such please!

However, all assets look bad when seen close to. Get them in the right place, though, and they can look magnificent.

I find that the general knack of making any asset look good is to zoom out until it looks real, and place it at that distance, or greater. The more polys the asset has (provided the mesh and texturing has been done well), the closer that distance will be. People assets do need to be made to look better close up.

Most of the current ones need to be placed too far away from the viewpoint in order to appear real.

Higher quality people assets are definitely near the top of my wish list.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Yeah, I was a bit worried about the quality issue, but I figured that there were enough pretty good ones to make things work.

Mezzo - big city atmosphere for days

RedTVRM - I want to rent that little cabin

Zorro - I've got the outhouse by the railroad track blues again

Back