Updates & Reinstalling 2004 & 2006

papajoe

I'm running 2006 Build 3335 & Ver. 2.6 & 2004 Build 2365 Ver 2.4. I don't know if I did a service pack way back then. How can I tell? Could these help with my downloading problems & kuids that should NOT show as faulty? The creators of some kuid have told me there should be no problems & 1 sent me a built-in that was missing. If I should update, do I need to do 1 then 2 then 3, or will doing 3 cover everything? Even if this has nothing to do with the DL problem, I'd be smart to update? What am I missing without the updates? Can you reinstall Trainz (just in case everything didn't load) without loosing your created layouts & extra content I've installed? THANX much !

Can you reinstall Trainz (just in case everything didn't load) without loosing your created layouts & extra content I've installed?

Hi P_J,

I'm just answering the last part of your queries, since I'm afraid that the previous ones are not going to work.

Yessssssss, no problem with re-installing and keeping your beloved routes and stock, as long as you copy and paste your ...Program files/Auran/TRS2006/local folder in another location in your HD or another storage device.

Then, before re-installing, to make things go smoother remove that folder in your TRS2006 directory.

After re-installing move back the /local folder where it belongs and open our dear CMP. Everything will go back to life.

How many times so many Sixers have had to do that! :hehe:

For TRS2004:
  • The folder to copy and paste is trs2004/world
  • Since the data repair system is different -TRS2004 CM is a joke-, after moving back that folder into TRS2004, you'll have to delete the file TRS2004/cache/world_cache_Dispatcher.chump and then start your TRs2004.
The faithful Sixer side of Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Back