Strasburg Scenic Railroad

I have a problem with the Strasburg cars in the link. I'm missing this kuid:

Unknown Location: <kuid:149987:50005>

Any help in the location of it will be greatly appreciated.

I will be uploading stock onto the DLS very son. Latley I have had some time on my hands so I can make and refurbish a few things.

Fred

Strasburg is awesome been there many many times...

fred im assuming u been to Lehigh gorge being your from allentown?

Actually no. I moved here a while ago, but have been to worried with school to go since I moved here. I have always wanted to go there though. I love the pictures I've seen of it.

Fred

That sounds very good! If the 425 is running I may have to tell my teachers I can't afford homework that weekend. :hehe:

Fred

The only SRR content I have knowledge of are:

• SRR #90 (Ben Neal & DLS; both appear in 2010, but don't move at all; worked perfectly in 2006)
Need some help with SRR 90 in 2010. I'm using Compatibility Mode.
For dcc mode the following tags in the motor container of Ben's espec (kuid:96914:51487) need to be changed: max-accel from 500 to 2500 and max-decel from 1500 to 7500. You can adjust the values til you get the acceleration and deceleration of the consists you intend to run working in a realistic manner if you don't like those. That's due to changes in the game since TC3

For cab mode you definitely need a newer espec that's necessary for the new steam physics. The old ones just don't provide all the required new data. I suggest editing the Strasburg 2-10-0 #90 config file and change the enginespec tag to reference kuid:182464:70009 available on the DLS by higgikay. You might want to modify the max-accel and max-decel tags in the motor container in that one also. It will run as is but for me personally they are bit on the low side. While you're editing the motor container I'd also add a new tag - driving-wheel-weight-ratio and set the value to 0.896. I find most the steam locos too slippery since TC3 and using at least the prototypical adhesive weight here rather than the default value helps.

For getting the steam sounds working correctly there are a number of things required:

1) edit the config file of Ben's invisible bogey, blw_dec_b2 (kuid:96914:504872). Change the direct-drive tag value from 1 to 0.

2) edit the confile file of the main driver bogey, 90 Bogey1 (kuid:313505:1333). Add a direct-drive tag and set the value to 1.

3) edit the Strasburg 2-10-0 #90 config file and change the enginesound tag to reference a new version enginesound asset say trainz-build 2.8 or newer. I'd suggest kuid2:126323:53050:1 available on the DLS by trw1089. There are others but I had some problems with volume on a couple of them.

One thing to watch out for when editing the above configs - don't up the trainz-build number unless you intend to upgrade the whole config as it probably will require a number of additional changes to the configs.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
WOAH. Epic find! If you ever make this repaint, please do these steps: Make sure it's compatible with Trainz 2009, and tell me what website it's on. I'm not trying to be bossy, but this repaint would be amazing. Good luck on it!

thanks to bdaneal, srr89 and leeferr, I have the full Strasburg steam roster!
qgrOjg.jpg
xpEVEM.jpg
ltM0oh.jpg
xoe7uB.jpg
NklowY.jpg
iTpzZT.jpg

BrianPacos , do you think you could send me or tell me where you found the last version of the 90 (Great Western Version, I really would like to have that version.) as well as the 89.

Saturnr

Strasburg 89 and tender!

thanks to bdaneal, srr89 and leeferr, I have the full Strasburg steam roster!
qgrOjg.jpg

BrianPacos,

Is this version of 89 available for download or is this something you cobbled together yourself? Either way, it looks great and is the best rendition of 89 I've seen yet for Trainz! It looks like dbaneal's 2-6-0 with a different driver mesh. Maybe the driver mesh off of the 4-6-0 or 4-6-2 or something. Any information at all would be appreciated!

-Mark1223

Last edited:
They look like the drivers from Ben's Ten Wheeler's.

Yes, that does seem to make sense. Now that I look closer, I noticed that the crosshead guides and even the crosshead itself seems to be hidden inside the cylinder, aside from that, it looks great overall...

Back