Strasburg Scenic Railroad

prre6

** Fire Department**
Hello Trainz Community,

This forum is for Trainz Strasburg Railroad discussion such as stock and route objects. To start off, how much of the Straus' (yea, the unoffical nick-name of the SCR) stock is avaliable on trainz? Please feel free to post any other questions, comments, or concerns about Trainz Strasburg, or send me a PM.

Fred

Last edited:
Aparently, Colorado71 made some coaches, and there is a reskin of Ben Neal's 2-10-0, letter for the #90, both in the Strasburg and Great Western liveries. You can look at the DLS or in the Content Manager DLS, just search for STRASBURG.

Of course! So far the stock I have includes 90, 89 (Reskined bdaneal's 2-6-0), and 7312. That's it.

Fred

Sorry, but no. It's a personal reskin. I also reskined bdaneal's 4-4-0 to make it look like 1223. Plus I re-did 90 into the retro paint-scheme and fixed up bdaneal's paint-scheme to make it smoother. I repainted Magicland's PRR P70's into Strasburg livery too, but i cnt get in contact with him (her) or bdaneal to get premision to post them on the DLS or send them 2 someone else to post them.

Fred

Last edited:
trainz2011032214092058.png

This is my reskin of #90 as was in the '90's and early '00's.

trainz2011032109080107.png

This reskin of #90 is based off a photo from the late '70's through late 80's I saw online.

trainz2011032109070344.png

Finaly, this is my un-finished reskin of #89.

Thanks to bdaneal for the models and ImageShack for the online hosting.

Fred

Last edited:
Here are some more Strasburg stock pictures. Excluding #7312 and #475, I think all of the Strasburg stock is covered (even though the stock isn't prototypicaly realistic). Hopefuly more realistic stock comes out, but these should do in the mean-time. Unfortunatly due to Auran discontinuing the support of Traonz '06 and lower, I couldn't geet these out on the DLS. :(
trainz2011032414435834.png

This is #89 finished posing infront of East Strasburg Station.

trainz2011032414430437.png

This is Magicland's PRR Diner reskined for service on the Strasburg Railroad.

trainz2011032414421586.png

This is Magicland's PRR P70 Coach reskined as a Strasburg coach. I wish i knew how to put the auto-numbering library on with the names of the real coaches so they would appear more 'realistic'.

trainz2011032414405603.png

Finally, this is Magicland's PRR Combine car reskined as the Strasburg combine. Again, auto-numbering would have been nice to have.

Thanks to Magicland for the models and ImageShack for the online hosting.

Fred

I have a request. If anyone has an old Strasburg herald (the one with the rail in the middle of an oval with STRASBURG above it and RAIROAD under it) then please post it and send me a PM. Thank you.

Fred

hahapd.jpg

HAHA! Finaly I have a picture of the repaint I am going for! The logo on the tender is what I'm after. If it helps this is a '60's scheme.

Fred

Where can I find Colorado71's coaches? Is there any 1800's standard gauge coach with open ends out there? Pencil42 has some that look close. I found coaches that are almost exact matches of Strasburg coaches, combine, open end coach, closed end coach, by togog, but they're narrow gauge drgw coaches. I could try them to see if they look right. I could clone them, reskin them to Strasburg, replace the bogeys with standard gauge bogeys, and see how they look. Ben Neal has a combine and coach that look similar, but I tried replacing the bogeys on those and the coach is still at the same height and the coach sinks into the bogeys. The drgw coaches look almost exactly like the 1880's B&M coaches Strasburg has down to the curved roof ends.

Last edited:
Where can I find Colorado71's coaches? Is there any 1800's standard gauge coach with open ends out there? Pencil42 has some that look close. I found coaches that are almost exact matches of Strasburg coaches, combine, open end coach, closed end coach, by togog, but they're narrow gauge drgw coaches. I could try them to see if they look right. I could clone them, reskin them to Strasburg, replace the bogeys with standard gauge bogeys, and see how they look. Ben Neal has a combine and coach that look similar, but I tried replacing the bogeys on those and the coach is still at the same height and the coach sinks into the bogeys. The drgw coaches look almost exactly like the 1880's B&M coaches Strasburg has down to the curved roof ends.

http://colorado71.webs.com/rollingstock.htm

Robby :wave:

Thank you, that's just what I was looking for. Plus, there's Lackawanna Boontons on there which look better than Paulz Trainz's model which I had him do. That's one coach which had been lacking in Trainz, MSTS has Boonton models as well. But, I prefer Trainz over MSTS because it's easier to use and build routes with. No combine in the Strasburg coaches? Maybe if I ask him, he'll make the Strasburg combine. The one on DLS is actually a reskin of a PRR combine. The Strasburg coaches are ex-B&M coaches built in the 1880's. I tried the other coaches and they just don't look right. The closest ones were the DRGW coaches by togog, but they're narrow gauge and most of the standard gauge bogey's I try to put on them are too big, or they are up too high into the coach and hover above the track.

Last edited:
The only SRR content I have knowledge of are:

• SRR #90 (Ben Neal & DLS; both appear in 2010, but don't move at all; worked perfectly in 2006)
  • SRC Combine (I used Magicland's PRR P70 coaches as stand-ins in 2006, and bendorsey's Harriman Coaches & Passenger Gondola's in 2010)
  • SW8 (Forgot number; works fine in both games & has a nice horn!)
  • 44-tonners x2 (No comment)
  • SRR Routes, 4 from DLS & 2 from Trainz Commuter Rail
Need some help with SRR 90 in 2010. I'm using Compatibility Mode.

Back