What is Trainz Simulator 12 ?

Says it's only backwards compatible with 2010 content ! Either you give up anything below 2010 or you're faced with a mass upgrade of everything you have to 2010 build .

I'd like to see a list of what additional content it comes with and also how each map has been built (i.e DEM or flat boards) .

Having only just upgraded to 2010 I think I'll watch from the sidelines to see what gets broken in this new version !

First, I don't need the "super deluxe edition" of Trainz so I will wait for the regular version....

However, if I was to buy this I lack important information. This isn't mentioned on the site:
*) Minimum Windows version
*) Minimum .NET version
*) Minimum hardware requirement
*) Recommended hardware requirement

Without this information I wouldn't dare to buy ANY software from anyone.

;) So the new "old" marketing techniques are back! :hehe:

a stunning Collector's Edition Metal Case signed by the entire Trainz team
:p Are Greg aka Lane's and Henkie aka Café Plaggemars's signatures included? ;):hehe:

[ :D Please, not meaning that the current ones are not the 'heroes' of this celebrating ten years of 'flood, wheat and ears' wearing a joyful flower-patterned summer shirt]

estonova.gif
I'm not fearful of this 'new' attempt; :hehe: I have many other 'attempts' shelved [dusted from time to time...] I feel like being a freakish collector, but when I thought that some other people collect black bugs sworded in a pin or ground stones randomly found when kicking a pile of grit, my freakishness vanishes down to a bearable level.

The Trainz 2034 side of Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
I beg to differ, it's not a tin; it's "a stunning Collector's Edition Metal Case signed by the entire Trainz team". That has to be worth at least a hundred!:D

In a few years it'll be just like my special edition Street Fighter turbo box. Rusting gently.

What can I say? I'm underwhelmed!

Bernie

Underachieved, Bernie, underachieved!!!!!!;):hehe:

At least N3VRFail is going Russian [Nikita Khrushchev's style] and Chinese [Zhou Enlai's style], big markets, indeed! :D

The wait-and-see side of Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Well I've been a sucker for lesser things. Talked it over with boss (wife) and she will let me start saving and by release time if there are any left (and by the sound of all you tightwads:hehe:) they should've only sold two by then and I'll be safe...

I already have one metal Trainz box around here somewhere, from 2006 as I recall.

Ed,

That 2006 metal Trainz box is no longer supported. It has passed the expected life cycle.

The 2012 box will be supported for the next 5 years.

Please dispose of the old metal box properly.

Have fun,:)

Well I've been a sucker for lesser things. Talked it over with boss (wife) and she will let me start saving and by release time if there are any left (and by the sound of all you tightwads:hehe:) they should've only sold two by then and I'll be safe...

Ya, gotta jump into the abyss of the future. I have spent more on a crappy HO locomotive.

With Pofig's Speedtrees and what looks like no distance limiter in the screenshots I believe Trainz may have turned the corner

I think I will wait for the Steam version though:eek:

Ordered mine
Harold

obj45geo33pg1p33.jpg

Gotta love them Trainzup Speedtrees

ok here is what I am wondering about the "signed by the entire Trainz team" does that include past members as well or just the current team?

Like for example Lance_Jago, Henk, Alan_Yeomans, John_Banks, Greg_Lane, Tony, etc. to name a few of the Trainz Team members.

Sorry but to us oldies we would consider those guys to be apart of the Trainz Team even though they may or may not still be actively on it or involved.

Hminky,

They have distance limiters just like all other SpeedTrees.
See the Dark ones on the back. Billboards.

The distance limiter is coded into the SpeedTree Engine of Trainz.

Gus1911,

Realistic SpeedTrees - I tried to offer N3V that service to them but was not accepted by N3V. There will be a few exclusive UltraTreez Available in the next release.
I have also found how to eliminate the CPU drain of SpeedTree. Yes, I can confirm the CPU and GPU work together on SpeedTree, thus the drastic hit on framerates.
Also, SpeedTree Billboards Content which I stumbled on months ago have great disadvantages, thus why I never implimented.

Unfortunately, the demand does not warrant the effort at this point.

Last edited:
149.99AUD = 92.13GBP

Auran must think we came down in the last shower!

No thanks at that price.

Rob.

You might like to spend $20 first to buy the Duchess pack and just confirm the current N3V production values meet your expectations before spending $150.

Oh by the way I should have the Brookland Bridge available shortly as Payware. This will be a special limited edition and only available to those of you who are willing to pre-order sight unseen.

Cheerio John

ok here is what I am wondering about the "signed by the entire Trainz team" does that include past members as well or just the current team?

Like for example Lance_Jago, Henk, Alan_Yeomans, John_Banks, Greg_Lane, Tony, etc. to name a few of the Trainz Team members.

Sorry but to us oldies we would consider those guys to be apart of the Trainz Team even though they may or may not still be actively on it or involved.

The current Trainz Team is.... The Future of Trainz.

No need to dwell on the past and terminated or retired employees.

You forgot Proby.

Regards,

Ed,

That 2006 metal Trainz box is no longer supported. It has passed the expected life cycle.

The 2012 box will be supported for the next 5 years.

Please dispose of the old metal box properly.

Have fun,:)

Can't I just buy a First Box Ticket or something?:eek:

You might like to spend $20 first to buy the Duchess pack and just confirm the current N3V production values meet your expectations before spending $150...

Cheerio John

I agree with that comment John! In view of the general disappointment with the Duchess Pack I would be inclined to think twice before buying another Auran/N3V product.

Rob.

Last edited:
Back