S37A.jpg

S37B.jpg

S37C.jpg

S37D.jpg

SJ_Phase_I.jpg

Milpitas_S40.jpg

As always, comment and enjoy!

-A :wave:

Wonderful! You are going to take it past the Great Mall in Milpitas. I've driven by the construction so much in the past.

Phase I of the San Jose extension complete!!

After many re-starts, and a few setbacks, I present to you the first pictures of the BART San Jose Phase I extension! Construction is completed from Warm Springs to Berryessa; all speed codes are present, as well as signals, signs, and mileposts. I also am using the new font for the BART LED signs, which are soon to be station-wide. Thank you to everyone who has been supportive of this project, and following it for the past six years and its humble beginnings. Now it's onto scenery and the eBART extension. I will be including Phase II to Santa Clara here, once I decipher the build plans from the VTA. Enjoy!

VaCmSby.jpg

mkYZOKo.jpg

M94AB2p.jpg

Iq3C98a.jpg

QFG1Blt.jpg

Gr0AoyD.jpg

Ip2baVz.jpg

Bombardier is late on the car deliveries (what else is new? They're having problems in NYC as well), so the early opening of December has been pushed back to the original date of June 2018. Technically, the project is still on track, but BART can't even run limited service to Berryessa with the current fleet #s, like it does to Warm Springs. That sucks, because it was a really big deal for BART/VTA being six-eight months ahead of schedule on a project of this scope.

-A

San Jose Phase I

Hey All,

Unfortunately BART has pushed back the opening date of San Jose Phase I to "between December and March" because VTA has yet to turn over the line to BART for testing; they were supposed to do so on March 1, but now VTA is stalling, according to BART--classic finger pointing on both sides. Plus in a deja-vu moment from the Warm Springs opening, integrating the new computer system with the rest of the old computer system is slowing things down and BART needs 6-8 months (according to them) to fully test everything before passengers can ride.

But never fear! To ease the frustration of another BART delay, I present to you a virtual ride from Fremont to Berryessa, free of charge! Scenery has *always* been my weakest skill as a Trainzer, so nothing but beautiful baseboard for now! The 10-mile extension primarily runs through industrial areas and peoples' backyards, and also alongside UP tracks, so when I finally get around to scenery it won't be as mind-blowing as an urban area suddenly popping up. :hehe:

Enjoy!

San Jose Phase II!

Even though it's about eight years away in real life, in Trainz, Phase II of the BART San Jose extension has broken ground! This will add four new stations through Downtown San Jose, ending in Santa Clara; the stations will be at 28th St/Little Portgual, Downtown San Jose, Diridon, and Santa Clara.

Here are a few shots; deciphering the VTA's design plans, I've only gotten as far as 28th St for now.

Enjoy!

28th St/Little Portugal Station---formerly known as Alum Rock

Current end of the line for Phase I. The two current layup tracks are on the left, and the southbound track are part of the current layout. The northbound track is added, and will join the layup track with a junction.

Looking southbound towards the portal to the 28th St station. Phase II will remain underground for approximately 5 miles until returning to the surface adjacent Interstate 880 just south of the Santa Clara CalTrain station.

-A

Last edited:
More Phase II

Due to the quarantine, I have much more time on my hands for my routes. Here is Phase II of the San Jose BART extension, so far. No contacts or secret files were needed---I used the official build plans from the VTA's website. It's bare for now, but hopefully some scenery will give it some identity over the next few days!

Test train running northbound at the [under construction] Downtown San Jose station.

This is the current end of the line for Phase I. The descent and tunnel portal are where the current tailtracks end.

Overhead view of what's done so far. Just have to inch past S85 and the Newhall Maintenance Yard to reach Santa Clara Station. The current CalTrain layout in the area will be included--only the above ground section running parallel to BART (similar to what I'm doing at Millbrae).

S75 interlocking looking south @ Downtown San Jose.

S85 interlocking looking north towards the portal. BART will remain underground until surfacing again near Berryessa Station.

Enjoy!

-A :Wave:

Speedometer & Track Sound Test

Special thanks to Rizky_Adiputra for his help on crafting the speedometer for the interior cab!

Enjoy!

If there were still those developers who were interested in helping on portions of the project, or beta testing what's complete so far, please reply or send a PM.

It's good to see you PD! It's been awhile! Yes, I'm working on those sounds now; they're in the asset folder for the cars but they're not activating for some reason so I'm investigating. There are no interior photos of Milipitas or Berryessa, so I can't accurately model those stations yet; same goes for San Jose Phase II, so just shells at the moment. I'm constructing Newhall Yard, the new A78 Hayward Yard expansion tracks, and eBART, so quarantine is providing me with a lot of time to get caught up!

If you'd like to beta test, please let me know. Send me a PM, and we can discuss things further. You're pre-qualified, as you have TRS19. Some of my testers are still on T:ANE and haven't upgraded yet, so I have been the sole tester right now. As you know, it's hard to solo accurately test a 130-mile system and have no mistakes creep past you! :hehe:

Back