TGA Graphics Artist Needed

I have asked Zec, but I thought I would see if there were any uber experts interested in helping with RBR in-game graphics.

What I am up to with the move of RBR from TRS2004 to TS2010 is the driver control system and HUD. This requires creating various TGA images with and without transparency. My lovely graphics lady from the Ukraine rolls her eyes when I start asking for 24 bit TGA stuff :cool:

As all the HUD stuff is TGA based I am hoping that someone will be willing to help out doing the various widgets needed. I would like a different colour scheme to the standard blue, we have tended to have a grey(ish) background on out extra HUD panels but that's up in the air for the current setup.

If you are interested in helping give me a holler.

Thanks,
Larry

Hi I can spit out stuff from paint shop pro in what ever format you want and have already spat out the odd bit of TGA for trains content .

Time frame could be intresting as over the last few weeks have gone through a cycle of killing computers used for graphic production. My desktop is in dock as it MB died and my Laptop has almost gone the same way as it is not up to my work load either. It has melted a hole in the bottom case and keeps shuting down from over heating errors , the sales person did assure me that it could handle editing HD Video but I now know this is not the case, lucky both under warrenty.

Using a four year old acer but willing to have a crack for you as your just down the raod from me as the crow flys.

Have a look at some of my reskins and content on the DLS to check art work quality and skills

Dave
bearcat245

Last edited:
I am a retired Graphic Artist with Photoshop and Illustrator installed on my unit. But I don't know what you're talking about. Can you shoot me an example?

Regards,

Dave Snow

I am a retired Graphic Artist with Photoshop and Illustrator installed on my unit. But I don't know what you're talking about. Can you shoot me an example?

If you look on the RH side when driving the blue boxes that's the standard HUD. I am needing a spiffy version for RBR plus some extra boxes and stuff.

Larry

One way to have your texture files in TarGA format is to build the texture in an other format (such as BMP or PNG), and then use the free IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) or a similar free program to re-save the image as a TGA. ;)

A TGA file is not that different from a BMP file in size or quality, but TGA supports a built-in alpha channel (i. e. 32-bit TGA). ;)

An other way to make TGAs is to use the GIMP, a free and open-source graphics editor that make Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro look mostly like a waste of money.

Any way, you can have your graphics person save the image in a BMP, PNG, etc. format, and then you can make the finalk conversion to a TGA. ;)

Regards.

Back