NS Pittsburgh Sub (Large Pics)

scratchy

Strayan
Instead of clogging up the USA pics thread with my work in progress, i figured i'd start one of my own. At the moment I am working on the Pittsburgh Line in Pennsylvania. Serviced by Norfolk Southern and Amtrak in 2002 this three track main line carried 109 million tonnes of freight over the US ranking as the 5th busiest mountain pass in the country.
The time period will be around 2009-10.
The route covers the 40mi from Altoona, over the summit at Gallitzin then down the more gradual grade to Johnstown. Criticisms and general feedback are much appreciated as I really like to get everything as close to real as Trainz will allow...
f092444a4a4dbe2dee560409534b9fed.png

Now, on to the screenshots...

Last edited:
Nice work there, but you forgot something...

Something that had Tuscan Red and Pinstripes! :D

Just tweaking ya... it is really coming along nicely!

Nice work there, but you forgot something...

Something that had Tuscan Red and Pinstripes! :D

Just tweaking ya... it is really coming along nicely!

haha, if anyones up for doing a detailed E8 set, im sure i could make it feel right at home! The only one i have is from Ultimate Trainz

There is a set of PRR E8s on the DLS from Josheh, are those the ones that you have?

If anyone wants to make those feel at home, TrainzPA is making two of these.
Scratchy is working on the Modern
I am working on the 1930's-40's version.
BTW great job scratch, I'll see what I can do as far as dems to get these both to Pittsburgh as that is my goal also
Josh

Awesome. Just plain awesome. :D

That is, dare I say, an interesting substitute for the PRR GP9. :hehe:

Amazing guys keep up the great work this!!! cant wait to run this monster route :) good luck to you and your TrainzPA team.

Cheers,
Brian

Looking awesome !!! Living between Altoona and Pittsburg the screenies do have an authentic look. Well done. I hope you will allow it into TS2010 Multi Player !!

Simulatortrain has a set of Brunswick green PRR F7s with the train antenna on top that are really nice... give them a whirl and see if you like them....

Thanks for all the feedback everyone:)

Awesome. Just plain awesome. :D

That is, dare I say, an interesting substitute for the PRR GP9. :hehe:

Thanks, It was all I had at the time mate, I don't think it looks too out of place but it will be changed eventually.

Looking very good.

Just one question, how far West are you planning on going?

- Dan
Just have to wait and see, I want to get Altoona to Gallitzen 90% done before I go on further.

You're really from TrainzEasternRoutes aren't you?:D

Seriously, I like what you have wrought so far, but it's a shame you can't find a better fence to use at such a focal point for screenshots...
I've changed the fence to Gfishers, a much needed improvement.

Simulatortrain has a set of Brunswick green PRR F7s with the train antenna on top that are really nice... give them a whirl and see if you like them....

They are really nice models, so I might just have to make an exception to the modern day theme for a couple of shots...

Thanks, It was all I had at the time mate, I don't think it looks too out of place but it will be changed eventually.

I can completely agree with that. The colors work out perfectly.

Gives dignity to an otherwise undignified loco. :hehe:

Back