Can it get any better than this?

philskene

The first video is one that I've just uploaded to youtube. The second and third I've referred to in other threads, but I've collected them together here for the sake of completeness.

All three videos are best viewed in full screen and high resolution. In the case of the first and second (and now that I've learned how to compress an .avi file in high definition) at up to 1080HD. The maximum for the third is 480p.

If you don't have T1 or T2 cable or if the youtube server is a bit slow, go to full screen and HD, pause the playback until the video is fully loaded, and then play.
_____

The RZD M62 locomotive, showing the animated brake cylinders as the engine brakes are applied and released, and the brake squeal when the brakes are applied. Note the extremely high detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs8odZi2owc
_____

Box cars, showing the slack action when the cars couple together. Again, very detailed, including the brake gear under the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSNzo5o8IQ

Great flange squeal as the box cars move. The bogey springs are also animated and the cars rock and roll at speed. It's very realistic.
_____

Box cars again, with animated doors. Just gotta love the sound and animation as the doors open and close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnlFASv_8I
_____

No doubt about it, our Russian colleagues are certainly up there with the best.

Phil

Last edited:
Nice video Phil and thanks for the pointer to another great Russian loco. There are some seriously talented people out there.

I'm always on the lookout for the state-of-the-art in Trainz, and this DB 218 loco from Dec 2010 impressed me.

http://ot2007.de/include.php?path=content&contentid=18

It's packed with features, just plonk it down and have a play. :cool:

-------actually I think we should have a stickied "state-of-the-art" thread for cool content finds.

WoW, what more can I say. There must be something in the water in Europe. The content from our European content makers is something else indeed.

Cheers

Trent

Which ones?

Hi John --

"Do you have a link for the box cars?"

Which ones?

For those in the second video, go to

trainzup.com

There are some excellent gondolas there too that are industry interactive, carry individual loads and are correctly scripted with texture replacement for bulk loads. They also have animated suspension and rock and sway like the box cars.

For the box car in the third video, see my Post #13 here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=66590&highlight=russian

Phil

excellent work copy and paste to the US and CN CP trainz

just perfect the way things go right now.
Every week a new step on the ladder to perfection on Trainz with(out) Auran doing their job on the things we ask for so long on 2010.
Phil copy and paste these features to all the boxcars and loco's for US and CN CPR content:hehe::hehe::eek:

Roy

Phil, can you let me into the secret of how to start the M62 in Cab mode?

I've turned the master key, energised the panel (red lights on), switched the radio on, got the backlighting on, fiddled with every switch, but I've not yet found the engine start button.

Your help would be much appreciated please.......

regards
stovepipe

Hi stovepipe --

"I've turned the master key, energised the panel (red lights on), switched the radio on, got the backlighting on, fiddled with every switch ... ."

Wow - can you actually do all that? I didn't even know there was a "master key"!

It took me a while of agony but I've discovered two ways to get the M62 under way:

1. In Surveyor, Rolling Stock flyout/ ? /click on loco / tick the option to start the loco as soon as you jump into Driver.
  2. In Driver, Ctrl-Right Mouse click on loco / there is a button above the lights settings. Press it, the text next to the button turns red while the loco goes thorough the start routine, it whirs and makes sounds, black smoke belches from the exhaust stack, and finally the text turns green when it is ready to go.
I've found that if you jump aboard another loco and then return, the M62 is unresponsive. It has to be shut down (method 2 above) and then restarted.

Tell me if this helps.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I worked out method 1 a little earlier, and 2 works fine as well. Funny how I never thought to try those things. But if you skip to another loco and back again you have to start over as you say.

The master key is in the "breadbin" in front of the animated co-driver. Lift the lid off, and turn the key. The red lights come on if you click the switches to the right of speedo, panel lights are at knee level to the left of drivers seat - 3rd one in from left. but you need to flick one of the middle row of switches up by the window in front of the driver first. The fan switch is a nice touch too, with the bit of paper caught in the vent rustling in the breeze. There's loads more to discover too, it's a truly stunning bit of work. Well done Zima!

cheers
stovepipe

Last edited:
Some nice stuff there - one hint to potential downloaders, the links only follow through to the files when viewing the site in Russian, not if you are using Google to translate into English.

Looking forward to putting the M62 aka "Taiga Drum" through its paces.

Just been running the M62 and some of the passenger stock on Avery. Sum up in one word really...

Wow.

In support of Phil's original premise at the start of the thread, I have to say no, I don't think it can get much better than that. What it does demonstrate is what Trainz is capable of with a bit of applied thought and innovation. Here we have locomotives that not only look superb inside and out, but have full on muscle sounds and physics and motion sway that make R......ks look like the toy train simulator.

Well done to the creators and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to beat the Taiga Drum.

:mop: :mop: :mop:

Some nice stuff there - one hint to potential downloaders, the links only follow through to the files when viewing the site in Russian, not if you are using Google to translate into English.

Looking forward to putting the M62 aka "Taiga Drum" through its paces.
The secret here is to have the original and the Google translation in separate tabs so you can switch back to the original when you have found it on the Google page. That is what I do.

Incidentally, I found a new-to-me tag tooltip-text in the cab config file. I can find no reference to this in the Wiki. Does anybody know anything about it. I assume it is the text for the pop-up when you hover over that switch/lever, in which case I can translate the Russian into English to know what does what.

Last edited:
Back