Heading to Tassie...

S301

Zec, the owner of ZecRail
Hi All
I'll be heading down to Tassie tomorrow night for a week, for a photography trip/holiday. As I didn't take any time off over Christmas (I actually worked extra hours over the Christmas break :eek: ), I'm taking a week off this coming week :)

I'll be heading around the West Coast mainly, and will travel on the Don River Railway and Ida Bay Railway (will be visiting the West Coast Wilderness Railway, but won't be traveling this time :( ).

This does mean that I will not be working at all this week, however the helpdesk will still be monitored by another of the team through the week.

If anyone in Tassie wishes to catch up at one of the railways, or just meet up, send me a PM over the next 2-3 days, and will see how we go :)

Will post some photos from the trip when I get back as well :)

Zec

G'day Zec! :wave:

May I recommend taking (or hiring) a bike an cycling some of the Rail Trails on the West Coast? http://www.railtrails.org.au/states/trails.php3?action=cat&cat=12

I have cycled the North East Dundas Tramway Rail Trail and it is great fun. I would recommend though combining it with the Melba Flats to Zeehan Railtrail was well. The Melba Flats to Zeehan has the lines still intact. You should buy a copy of Railtrails Tasmania before you decide to do any of thse tracks.

And by the way Oldcustard, I'm FROM the Nothern Coast of Tassie. Miandetta, Devonport. Where are you located?

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Should see if you can find more success that I in tracking down the author of those M and MA class locos and bribing him to let them into the free world. Hell, I'll pay...

Back