how do I stop a train from moving its wheels?

Steamdemon

Pizza Delivery Train
This has happened with the SP 0-6-0 Switcher #1283,<kuid2:135744:1283:1> and others
The problem is that the wheels are moving automatically.. I find this unrealistic. How do I stop this from happening and where do I find the asset that is causing this?

oh btw, I got the PEV tool kit

Last edited:
Hi Steamdemon,

Open for edit the driver bogey and see if the tags animation-loop-speed is in the mesh table, I have found that tag in older content and when it's imported to TRS2006+ the wheels still turn while it's standing, if there is that tag delete it and commit, it'll fix that problem :)

-Aaron

It didn't. oh btw, as soon as I discovered the bogies, engines and horn sounds, I had fun cloning my favourite engines and messing around with them. but what I don't get is why the class 08 cab backwards? It looks so weird in cab mode... I mean, Diesel never drove backwards...

It didn't. oh btw, as soon as I discovered the bogies, engines and horn sounds, I had fun cloning my favourite engines and messing around with them. but what I don't get is why the class 08 cab backwards? It looks so weird in cab mode... I mean, Diesel never drove backwards...

That depends on what you mean by 'backwards'. The classes 08 and 20 both had the No.1 end officially as the non-cab end, and were originally intended to be driven nose-first. Of course, crews soon learnt that the visibility was better driving 'backwards' with the cab end first. And 20s were rarely seen nose-first after the 1950s.

However, 08s and 09s by nature of the jobs they had to do often ended up driving nose-first if that was how they ended up.

E.g this shot from Healey Mills in 1983
http://www.railphotoarchive.org/rpc_zoom.php?img=0477020378000

I found the 2010 version of the culprit bogey and I fitted it. should now work.

However, I need someone to get new bogeys for trains like the American Freedom GS-4 because getting rid of the animation loop doesn't work.

Been trying to fix the BR 84 missing rear bogey problem...

EDIT: ok, no it hasnt. bloody thing.

Last edited:
There should be no mention at all of animations in the mesh table of bogies.

The mesh table should look like:
Code:
mesh-table {
  default {
        mesh           "mesh-name.im"
        autocreate     1
      }
}

The bogey animation must be called "anim.kin". It's this name that automatically activates the bogey animation in the game, allowing it to change speed with the speed of movement of the loco or wagon.

Last edited:
Moving wheels

I don't know if you ever read your old posts, but thanks. I did a search and found this thread and it soved my problem. I bought TS 2010 at the beginning of the year and the forum has been a lifesaver as far as solving all these problems.

Back