Looking at this dell computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of language is prohibited on these forums, as per the Code of Conduct. It sure is tempting to report that post. :eek:

Regards.

Pretty mild Retro00064 compared to the PM’s I’ve gotten from one individual involved in this thread who even decided to use Autism in their verbal pokes, which just spells one thing, SCUM BAG.

Just another example of the quality of forum members (not all) here at the Trainz forums.

Actually their not, for the most part the motherboards and other components (especially the power supplies which you’ve mentioned) are nothing but proprietary junk.

And he didn't really seem to get the message that this is the comment that started the entire debate.

This comment is not correct. As I tried to explain to him in years past possibly, but the Dell X. 58 core i7 machines are anything but "proprietary junk" I tried to explain to him nicely that mine came with a Intel motherboard, ATI video card, crucial RAM etc.

Hardly what I would consider "proprietary junk" but then he goes off on a tangent trying to compare third-party manufacturers and blah blah blah...

There is one thing that I hadn't mentioned but I will go ahead and mention it now just to see how many ignored posts from him it will generate:hehe:

Intel created the chipset. Does he honestly believe that Intel released every aspect of the proprietary code of the chipset to third-party licensees? If they didn't manufacture motherboards themselves I might actually entertain the thought that they might. But it's inconceivable that a company with shareholders that manufactures chipsets that they place on their own motherboards for resale would in turn share every aspect of the chipset to third-party licensees.

If he thinks they do he is really ignorant on how business works and what shareholders would expect the companies that they have stock in to operate...

Now I didn't want to go down this route because it opens up a slew of opinions about which motherboard is better etc. and I guess I should say he's already started that quite a few pages back, but I didn't want to play that game I just wanted to clarify, which I did that the Dell i7's are not what he classified as "proprietary junk" and to that end I am correct and he is I'm afraid very incorrect.

Because last time I looked Intel branded boards, actual ATI graphics cards (not sapphire or XFX) and crucial RAM should be considered off the shelf products and not "proprietary junk"

If the Dell i7's were as he put it "proprietary junk" I don't guess I wouldn't have been able to retire the ATI 4850 and put in an MSI 560 GTX-TI without missing a beat now would I?

Because if it was "proprietary junk" I would have to go get a video card from Dell to replace or upgrade. This is the salient point that I was trying to make and that he fails to grasp:hehe:

Last edited:
Pretty mild Retro00064 compared to the PM’s I’ve gotten from one individual involved in this thread who even decided to use Autism in their verbal pokes, which just spells one thing, SCUM BAG.

Just another example of the quality of forum members (not all) here at the Trainz forums.

Yes. Be glad that we even have such rules against swearing and the like in the Code of Conduct, or even a Code of Conduct at all, as otherwise I would have left the forums already if there were no such rules. :eek: ;)

I would say that those personal attacks need to be brought to the attention of moderators.

Regards.

The people who really know what they're doing are those of us who know hardware well enough to know what we need to do what we want, without spending money on extra, unneeded capacity.

Which would fit right in to those “nerdy overclockers” right? Those who know how to squeeze out some more performance without spending more money.

Which would fit right in to those “nerdy overclockers” right? Those who know how to squeeze out some more performance without spending more money.
Depending on how you want to twist that statement into your favor, yes it theoretically could.

And I left the grammatical errors intact in that pm as well... But at least he can spell scum bag:hehe:

You’re right it doesn’t matter, as I said before SCUM BAG.

So you get mad when you write like you do and can't concentrate and stay on topic or comprehend what is being written when I ask responding to an unsolicited pm what your mental defect was...

Just amazing:eek:

You know, I am tempted to P. M. a moderator about all of this mess, if djt has not already done so. ;) Bringing autism in to a comment at an other user like you did is a low as it gets, and could possibly be block-worthy on Wikipedia, so why would it not be so here?

Regards.

Come on girls keep it friendly, it's a trainz forum not a slagging contest.
You've both made your point, just agree to differ.

You know, I am tempted to P. M. a moderator about all of this mess, if djt has not already done so. ;) Bringing autism in to a comment at an other user like you did is a low as it gets, and could possibly be block-worthy on Wikipedia, so why would it not be so here?

Regards.

Stop being tempted then and just do it...

And what will you say when they ask you about his overt threat that was sent to you as well? (according to him anyway)

Let's just get everyone banned...

Guys, time to end this, now...

Rather than attacking EVERYONE that has a different opinion on a PC, actually take into account what they are saying.

This applies to everyone here. If we see any further abusive posts (or personal attacks) regarding computer hardware (such as has been seen in this thread), we will be taking further action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back