RRMods pic contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone i'm posting a friendly contest for the best freeware and payware loco,rolling stock and routes pic from RRMODS
it will start from Mon Feb 21 to the 28
voting will be starting after the 28 so get
starting today:D

And for the sake of content, I give you this. I call it: "The Bucket on a Bench"

evan123_20110221_0005.jpg

THE compention is about all the fallen flags of N.America
their are you happy now

No. We already have a screen of the week. I suggest you post there if you want to post screenshots. If there is no RRmods support then this thread is redundant.

Hey Guy I am RRMODS and this is news to me .We have no such contest running right now . mikelj001 RRMODS Project. Administrator

Usually I don't vote for screens without textures, but that "Bucket on a Bench" is very impressive! Well done.

Now, not to ruffle feathers or anything but why can't just anybody start a screenshot competition thread, based on the subject of their choice? Obviously they shouldn't claim it's sanctioned by anyone if it's not, but I think they have a right to post the challenge.

Participation will tell the rest of the story, and I think we pretty much can predict how that will go.

Euphod, it is the same reason why "Screens of state" threads tend to die off. It is best to consolidate. Also, one competition tends to become the popular competition, and the others tend not to have too many entries. (Compare the JR screenshot comp to screen of the week last week.)

I'm not disagreeing with your logic, and yes, it is better to consolidate. I just think that the lack of participation will determine the success, or lack of, and the practice wouldn't go very far. It just doesn't seem right to categorically deny someone the right to start a screenshot thread, just because someone else is running one.

Usually I don't vote for screens without textures, but that "Bucket on a Bench" is very impressive! Well done.

Now, not to ruffle feathers or anything but why can't just anybody start a screenshot competition thread, based on the subject of their choice? Obviously they shouldn't claim it's sanctioned by anyone if it's not, but I think they have a right to post the challenge.

Participation will tell the rest of the story, and I think we pretty much can predict how that will go.

I agree, Ed. Newbies to the forum don't really have any idea about what's going on here. Some, in their initial enthusiasm, will notice that there is a thread about this topic or that topic, and will want to jump in and start a new thread on a similar topic, thinking that they will be participating, will be accepted, and get some attention. What's wrong with that?

Claiming that it's sanctioned by a group that they have nothing to do with is, of course, a no no. But I think that's probably due to a lack of experience. Big deal! Let the thread run it's course. Don't discourage others from taking chances. I've always taken them...:D

Cheers,
Fred

I agree, Ed. Newbies to the forum don't really have any idea about what's going on here. Some, in their initial enthusiasm, will notice that there is a thread about this topic or that topic, and will want to jump in and start a new thread on a similar topic, thinking that they will be participating, will be accepted, and get some attention. What's wrong with that?

Claiming that it's sanctioned by a group that they have nothing to do with is, of course, a no no. But I think that's probably due to a lack of experience. Big deal! Let the thread run it's course. Don't discourage others from taking chances. I've always taken them...:D

Cheers,
Fred

I think they should just go join USLW, that way everyone is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back