Jointed Rail CSX GP38-2 Ditch Lights

jigawatts

Flux Capacitor
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or knows how to fix it. I purchased this engine yesterday and the lights are not lined up correctly:

jigawatts201102020004.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

i dont see the problem. can you be specific as to what the issue is?

Justin,

He is is talking about the walkway lights.

To Jigawatts,

You are seeing the walkway lights. These lights illuminate the walkway so railway personel can operate safely on the front of the locomotive. To show the lights press "L" on your keyboard, and then press "B" which will activate the bell and Ditchlights. Finally, press "B" again so that you can stop the bell, and have the ditchlights stay on.

Take care,

Ryan:wave:

I see the problem with the ditch lights: He never turned them on.

Those are the lights on the front platform. Press "B" for the bell and the ditch lights will flash. Press B again they stop flashing and stay on.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know what those were, I thought somehow the ditch lights were out of place. Can you turn off the walkway lights or are those on all the time? BTW, thanks for the help and quick replies.

Thanks,
Mark

oh okay, i see. the gp38-2s no, you cannot turn off the running lights, however on most of the later locomotives they (corona sprites) are only active at night while in the day are represented by a simple glowing part. typically these are on most of the time on a real locomotive anyhow.

Ok, great, thanks for the info. I was afraid I had somehow screwed something up when I installed the CDP's. Glad to know everything is working as designed. Also, I read something about a help desk system on jointedrail.com, but I can't seem to find it. Am I just being dumb again?

Thanks,
Mark

I was thinking the same thing. Watch out tax return. Here I come!

John

Pat on the back for the JR stuff. They do some GREAT content. I highly recommend them. If nothing else, watch for something you want to come up on their "special of the week". For $5, you can't go wrong.

I own a few of their Conrail locos, and they put everything else to shame. If I could only find a few of the truly classy Conrail paint scheme: Penn Central black with the name and worm half-a** painted over with the simple white "CR" painted over it.....

Actually, I'm having an issue with most loco's ditchlights.

The bell will activate with lights on. Ditchlights will not flash. Turn bell off. Ditchlights flash for 15 minutes.

Back