Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Like the MAW depot and happy to see some pictures of it again after a long time.

anyone else this forum bug?????
What bug are you talking about?
Only frustration with the forum that I have every now and then is it freezing up when adding smilies, but since I started using the Go Advanced button and no longer use the pop-up for that I no longer have that problem.
If your PC has the habbit of doing weird things while posting, make a copy of your text to notepad before hitting post... or use Preview first before posting.

let it snow Assassine Creed snow i mean

@Dasnakke yes we know just need more time and help from Pofig or other fine creators,thanks for the nice comment
@Dermmy let it snow let it snow lt snow, but trainz snow is not even close to Assinne Creed R snow but not to bad hmmmm
@Jan and @ Slabay more is comin your way:D
@Oknotsen freezing the post of picts after icons etc can live with it now kind off. lol

trainz 2012-10-27 15-25-23-89.jpg

trainz 2012-10-27 16-19-01-01.jpg

trainz 2012-10-27 16-19-17-19.jpg

trainz 2012-10-27 16-19-36-70.jpg

trainz 2012-10-27 16-19-50-70.jpg

trainz 2012-10-27 16-21-05-79.jpg

have a nice sunday shovel the entrance

Ning, Roy n Djoetje;)

Last edited:
North of Albert Canyon

trainz 2012-10-25 10-19-13-32.jpg

trainz 2012-10-25 10-10-30-65.jpg

trainz 2012-10-25 10-10-30-65.jpg

trainz 2012-10-25 10-06-44-64.jpg

trainz 2012-10-25 10-06-13-06.jpg

You want to know our take on trainz snow like rain??
Well look at Assassin Creed Revelation or MOH the flake and yes local dynamic windflow simulation of course this is a different game would be nice to make close up to camera/ and or track some wind scenes with rain/storm,leaves, dust, just a thought for the near future.
Trainz is better after it snowed right or no snow at all :hehe:

Ning, Roy n Djoetje;)

Last edited:
Soooo we not have to give up snow picts after all its season right now but no friend request more for trainz snow unless someone out there has tweaked the TS12 snowfall make it look better and less distant clipping and gray grrrrrrrrrrrr.

thanks Eaglefan9727

Djoetje asked if you did see his friends in todays pict 01 ooops see one is doubled have to edit that one.

Roy n Djoetje
deer_icon.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever made seasonal locos / rolling stock? I've been thinking lately it looks a bit odd having all this snow on the ground, and none whatsoever on the trains ... ;)

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever made seasonal locos / rolling stock? I've been thinking lately it looks a bit odd having all this snow on the ground, and none whatsoever on the trains ... ;)

As far as I know only certain types of assets can support seasonal textures.

playing little bit with Rocky Mountaineer

yes i know its a surfliner yet have to reskin them too and the Gp40 not done yet just first graffiti work. Let me know Dom if this suits you. Good enough already for me i mean the Rocky Mountaineer:p

Roy:wave:

Last edited:
As far as I know only certain types of assets can support seasonal textures.
How much snow actually stays on a moving train? If some static scenery objects that look like trains with snow on the roof were placed on a few sidings, would that be enough to carry the illusion of a recent snow storm?

I'm not sure about trains, but the black tonneau cover on my pickup truck is quite capable of holding onto its snow for a week or more at a time, including regular bouts of driving at ~70 mph. I don't see any reason to assume that, say, the back 'porch' of an SD-40 couldn't do the same ...

Rocky Mountaineer updated but not seasonal

@64warhorse think noone attempted seasonal loco trainz and think the properties are not available correct me if I am wrong!
But I know for sure that loco's and all rolling stock tends to have some or more sticky snow in front of vertical structures and rolling stock on the roof and front/end blown and kind of sticky hangin in there..
@jjanmarine thanks now deviate a little bit for Dom from Switzerland and quick and dirty reskinned the rocky Mountaineer on the go....
@Euphod something for you when you don't know what to do this winter make some seasonal rolling stock, kidding Ed....
@Martinvk you might be right with the exception of what i have seen on picts long time ago but it is a lot of extra work but maybe worth the extra mile.

Roy, Ning n Djoetje:wave:

Last edited:
A long, long time ago when I released passenger stock with snow for Regional Passenger Transit I was widely derided for not knowing that "the snow would blow off" the cars. It's easy to find photos of all kinds of rolling stock with snow firmly affixed, and I've witnessed it every winter here near Chicago besides.

Nice work on the Rocky Mountaineer Roy, and great shots.

thanks Jango

"Rien va plus...",Roy
Very good, as always......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bonjour Jango, merci beaucoup entirement et dit a Pedro "fait vos jeux" lol
Thanks buddy lucky this is not roulette and for sure not russian roulette haha only the bugs are.

ton ami

Roy;)

Absolutely correct snow is sticky many times

Yes Ed what you say is correct and many cars and trainz have sticky snow attached in a typical wind blown pattern hitting vertical obstructions on loco and rolling stock.
Would be nice to make properties linked to weather condition/speed etc and make it stick a little in phaze 1 , more in phaze 2 and heavy in dense snow storm.
Tomorrow I will show few more shots on the Rocky Mountaineer! Really fun doing some reskinning and get fast the hang of it I see so my memory still fresh for my golden age:hehe:.
Funny though the rolling stock I very quick reskinned hs a vry different outpu shiny and looses color different than when working with the model hmmm .
Thanks for the nice comment and support dear friend.
Ya'll have a nice day

Roy, Ning n Djoetje:wave:

Last edited:
re: The Rocky Mountaineer

Hi Roy:

This is fantastic that you are going to "create" the Rocky Mountaineer for Trainz (post #970 in this thread). You may remember that I talked about our trip this summer on that train, and what a great trip we had (post #807 in this thread).

I understand that you are starting to work on reskinning a GP40. I just hope that you are aware that a couple of years ago they created a "new look" to the locomotives and rolling stock that is much better looking (sexy looking in fact) than it used to be. They have some pictures on their website. If you want I can PM you a couple of photos that we took. They have a great logo on the front of the GP40's as well. If you already know all this then I apologize :wave:

Cheers,

Derek

Rock the Rocky Mountaineer old and new versions

Morning Dereck,

thanks for the encouragement and oh yes I remember you for sure:Y:. Yes I saw some new wave sinus like banners but I started with the easier old straight horizontal stripes just to get the feeling again of using photoshop after so long... still a lot of little speckles paint left and right but he this is a hobby not a contest for life or death finish.
Dereck any picture on loco and rolling stock in good high res and most important the logo old and new ones. I reskin now surfliners but they are funny in a way in the result to shiny and different color look and feel like something wrong I have to investigate later not now.
Much obliged if you can send me i will pm you my email address if ok for you.

warmest regards,

Ning, Roy n Djoetje:wave:

Back