Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Roy, I am not distancing myself from you, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Your route looks very impressive, and the video was great. I also think you've done a great job with the Drake's trees. I said that I would excuse myself from that other thread as to not upset the Mods, so I won't be posting there any longer. It's just a shame what happened.
Take care, and keep going...

thank you Euphod

Roy, I am not distancing myself from you, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Your route looks very impressive, and the video was great. I also think you've done a great job with the Drake's trees. I said that I would excuse myself from that other thread as to not upset the Mods, so I won't be posting there any longer. It's just a shame what happened.
Take care, and keep going...

Wow that is a relieve really my friend(if i may call you that).
Really i got cought for no reason in a pittbullfight and even don't know these guys at all nor had bad unmannered intentions at all.
Today i was very angry and sad at the same time but feel better you write this here to me really.
Maybe we uncovered some scam or hidden thing like i said the hype and that guy got over the top immediately even if he thinks he is the king.

Yes i keep on doing my little thing and make things work for those who are nice and
polite.

Thanks again.

I try today to upload Part 4 but the internet wireless here today gives me problems.
Which ones you looked? tell me how they feel I mean isn't it amazing what we can fiddle with Trainz despite the shortcomings many times??
Panorama views are incredible I think especially in Part 3-5 when getting into the canyon.

regards

Roy:)

Which ones you looked? tell me how they feel I mean isn't it amazing what we can fiddle with Trainz despite the shortcomings many times??
Panorama views are incredible I think especially in Part 3-5 when getting into the canyon.

Roy, I only saw the first video, and it was over a wireless connection so it did not run too well. I just think you've done a great job with the mountains and the rivers, it mimics reality very well. Keep up the good work, I'll look at the rest of your videos later today when I get home.

Stay away from those farang ding dong girls, unless you're going to share with me!:eek:

Great work!

Great work. I particularly like what you have done with the river. It is interesting that we are both modelling the same route at the same time. I will post some more pictures soon. I have delayed because I decided to replace the Speed Trees I was using and thought this then required some adjustment to the terrain texture. Also been working on detailed scenery. The route is still working well despite the considerable number of assets I have added. Rather than be overly restrictive on the assets I have decided to, perhaps, push the limits of Trainz 2010. I agree that it would be nice to have the option of extending the viewing distance. I removed the Speed Trees I was using because I didn't think they looked good in the distance (they turned "white" prematurely). I am not sure what information you have to work with. Although I have visited the Kicking Horse and Rogers Pass a couple of times in the last few years, I am mainly relying on topographical maps, Google maps and Google Earth. It appears you may be doing the same so interpretation should be interesting. Modelling is an art form so to have this same subject being modelled by more than one person I think adds interest (kind of like in an art class).

Looking forward to following your progress.

Cayden

KickingHorse Canyon Run Part 05 uloaded and running

Good Morning the final and last run of Kicking Horse Canyon Run is now uploaded and running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv83DRW1Mhc

thanks all for watching adn wait for next one
Lake Louise Winter fun ski and snowboarding with TrS2010

thanks all for the nice replies and comment.

regards

Roy;)

thanks

Great work. I particularly like what you have done with the river. It is interesting that we are both modelling the same route at the same time. I will post some more pictures soon. I have delayed because I decided to replace the Speed Trees I was using and thought this then required some adjustment to the terrain texture. Also been working on detailed scenery. The route is still working well despite the considerable number of assets I have added. Rather than be overly restrictive on the assets I have decided to, perhaps, push the limits of Trainz 2010. I agree that it would be nice to have the option of extending the viewing distance. I removed the Speed Trees I was using because I didn't think they looked good in the distance (they turned "white" prematurely). I am not sure what information you have to work with. Although I have visited the Kicking Horse and Rogers Pass a couple of times in the last few years, I am mainly relying on topographical maps, Google maps and Google Earth. It appears you may be doing the same so interpretation should be interesting. Modelling is an art form so to have this same subject being modelled by more than one person I think adds interest (kind of like in an art class).

Looking forward to following your progress.

Cayden

Thanks for the nice words.
Yes we both work on the same but you live much closer and have to work from picts and most imagination.
I started this route 7 years ago so you have a long way to go my friend.
I like your website for which I not spent yet any time maybe much later.
what speedtree you're using?? if the original ones no answer if Ultra technology all should be fine and check your video card settings and or trainz settings there is a lot of fine tweaking that just makes thing slook closer to real.
Yes its all give and take what fits and what does not and above all pray that one day we shall revcevie the light from Auran and they open the draw distance for top computers and allow us to decide to crash or just not.
I showed these vids of Kicking horse with one goal to call AURAN for draw distance at the yards in the city as that one is at this moment the story killer with the darn limit they put.
I wanted to make the videosuch nicer and close up and far mixing views etc but need much more time for that.
Also if people are interested I can start a thread 3D stero pictures and video ond post my stuff there in 3D. Yes i am the lucky one who can enjoy 3D rides and views every day. Spoiled guy my wife says. :hehe: :hehe:
ok back to work and make a short video on Winterfun at Lake Louise and go virtual skiing on the slopes over there.

regards

Roy;)

Last edited:
Lake Louise 2011

wmplayer201102240803273.jpg

Roy;)

uploaded a higher resolution youtube of winter lake louise

just wonder if this res. looks better than the former one. Althought the trees closeup cannot look any better than ultra trees but good at a given distance.
my personal feeling is that they look amazingly realistic at long distance and give that illusion of packed snow fell last night.

But it's an illusion as when you go closer you get the wake up call to a certain extent.

Thanks anyone for taking your time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4DFuD7UnP0

Roy

Big Horn Ski Lake Louise this morning

lakelouise1hz0.jpg

like it?

don't be shy or lazy to comment.
We take the time(lots of it) to post it so let's hear once in a while a sign of life from viewers like you.
Anyway thanks for coming by;)

have a very nice sunday

Very good Roy, truthfully I wish winter was that white all of time, but 90% of the time all we see is the dirt and grime on top of it.

Josh

i remember winters like that long time ago

thanks for your comment.
it seems always the same people take time to comment or advice but that's the forum right?
I remember real 4seasons warm,cold,rain,spring perfect like textbook but honest it shifted back then too and not because of some smart guy inventing the marketing tool called argggh forgot the name no mother nature is not different just we enjoy a different ride than ever before.
People who believe call it the will of God,Allah,Jawhee,Shiva anyone is good to blame or honor for something we cannot face and understand.
Bottom line enjoy this too, it's just temporarily in the universe cycle changing every so many year.
Enjoy the sea, river, mountain, never live to close to what look so beautiful.
Most beautiful flowers(women too it) seems to be poisonous, beautiful colored fish same story, beautiful sea's, I am an avid sailor and sailed 3/4 of the world its very dangerous at times at the wrong place.:cool:
Planes, what goes up must come down.....:confused:
Trainz same story:hehe: when things start looking good probably in the upcoming days your dbase will globber and crash and you can start all over again cleaning up the mess.
We copy mother nature very well at Auran:hehe::wave: butn we go forward thanks to the russian Tsunami:mop::mop:

Enough said for a monday on the kansel here in my monestary at the PHu Pan mountains....

Roy:sleep:

A very nice movie Roy.
Obviously a little cooler than we get in this part of Australia.

I am sitting here in sunny Brisbane. temp about 31C outside,quite a very pleasant day.

I hope you have a nice day.

Norm.

It is about 2.30 in the afternoon by the way.

Last edited:
thanks Milwr261

i have pictures from my trip to jasper alberta if you would like to use those

-AJ

He that would be nice but make sure I not get depressed seeing how it really looks.
working with trainz needs a lot of creativity and imagination and the latter i not run short of when you see my routes.
Thanks again

Back