Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Smile nope i use seeds from forest chernobel glow and grow

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Gee Roy I hope you had all those trees planted by Boy Scouts on Bob a Job Week err Weeks.

Norm.
    no boy scouts or other groups.
    no F5 copy/past does miracles but you have to pay attention and water them once a week. Run the trainz weather in drizzle or light rain no storm as mudslides might ruin my work done so far.
    Seem to work well.

roy
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Roystrainz new routes are marked with TRS19
    Master my all new Canadian Rocky Mountains routes on TRS19

Amazing ! Great creation and use of texture and everything else. Its almost convincing me to buy TS2012.

This route is not released yet doesn't it ?

Thanks!
    Rail4Pete

Order the box set, save yourself the drama. Nice looking route.

Blog Entries

Beautiful shots Roy, you have a gift.

Blog Entries

Smile Thanks Rail4Pete trust me TS12 is a marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Rail4Pete View Post
    Amazing ! Great creation and use of texture and everything else. Its almost convincing me to buy TS2012.

This route is not released yet doesn't it ?

Thanks!
    Rail4Pete
    I am not a salesman or whatever for N3V but this has to be said and I have without arrogance more than enough professional experience and knowledge about computers and software design in 3Dimensions top say:
    TS12 is without any doubt the best ever new release of TRAIN simulator software seen on the market (be me).

If you love trainz as a hobby or else no reason this time to hesitate.
    I never said this after not even one day of surface testing but what I see is finally getting to the levels it had to be years ago but ok I forgive them for that right now.
    My routes when they can run smooth fast and like a charm and transfer that easy from 2010 even from 2006 that is more than worth mentioning.
    Bravo Trainz team down under and the community.
    I wonder if we not have more Canadians out there who love Trainz not see that many around?

Happy easter, happy TS12

roy and Ning

This route segment Revelstoke to Ottertail (Field) BC,Ca has a fair chance to see the market end of this year but still some miles (km) to go and the devil is in the detail. And I love details as you can see.

thanks for looking and replying

Blog Entries

Smile Northcornice we live in Thailand and dvd's not get far

Quote Originally Posted by northcornice View Post
    Order the box set, save yourself the drama. Nice looking route.
    I know you live in the civilized world and we to only little bit different and different rules of how things run in real life. On top we live far from the next city or even village pure mother nature and still use generator to far from the next village (yet) to get normal power if normal 800 km NE of Bangkok 30 minute from the Mekong river.
    If you can download it that is the safest way if there is no other way you use mail but no guarantee it arrives and when.
    This time dl was very different....
    All the other ones,2009,2010 downloaded normal or very well.

thanks anyway for the tip

Blog Entries

Smile thanks Euphod and Happy easter to you and the family

Quote Originally Posted by Euphod View Post
    Beautiful shots Roy, you have a gift.
    thanks Euphod this project is getting along better and better especially now with TS12!!

I was blown of my socks after the devastating week dl corrupt files but finally managed to get it working. N3V has a problem with the bandwith that is for sure and like the devils always at the end of a file I got more speed up the 80 or 140kb/s for a few minutes just to teeze me

The most amazing thing is what all the trainz community members put out there to make it possible to create routes like these.

The upcoming days I will work and at the meantime test more in depth but so far new features are what I asked for for a long long time.

WHERE IS THE PULL DOWN MENU F1,F3,F4 IN SURVEYOR ADVANCED MENU PULL DOWN TO STAY?????? i use that one million time a day.....
    It takes maybe half a day to change the settings of that routine to leave the advanced pull down menu open all the time much easier to use for real route builders like many out there. PLS N3v in the next patch!
    thanks

Roy and Ning

Blog Entries

Exclamation from now on only TS12 related picts and progress!

Mt Shaughnessy tunnel west portal

East portal viaduct heading to tunnel Mt Shaughnessy east portal

Mt Shaughnessy east portal tunnel and Mc Donald Mountain in background.

Roy

This is quite the beautiful route! Definitely one of the nicest I have seen on here. The one question is which should I buy first? TS12 or a new graphics card to replace my HD5770 so that I can run this in it's full glory upon release?

Keep up the great work!
    Coffee.

Blog Entries

Smile Morning tyard thank you i think TS12 first

Quote Originally Posted by tyard View Post
    This is quite the beautiful route! Definitely one of the nicest I have seen on here. The one question is which should I buy first? TS12 or a new graphics card to replace my HD5770 so that I can run this in it's full glory upon release?

Keep up the great work!
    I will continue and feel very confident this route subdivision Revelstoke Field as part of the project Vancouver to Calgary (5 subs) will be released this year (unless things go wrong very bad).
    Also i played with another track 1435 mm leto from our friend Oleg which is till now absolutely the most brilliant crisp and beautiful detailed track I have encountered in my 7 years of Trainz.
    Now I am in the process of replacing all the existing track with Oleg's stuff and I am absolutely thrilled also the switches are superb and work as a charm.

Al.sa if you read this can you ask Oleg in ukrainian if he is able to convert all his switches, group switches etc etc in RU gauge to 1435 mm. this library deserves the best place in trainz TS12!
    ok a few more old picts with old track and than back to the future with Oleg's candy stuff.

So again I guess buy TS12 first and experiment with it and settings to see what your comp and graphics card gives.
    Than you can decide what card to buy (advice nvidia GTX 580 up) best cards on the market and make TS12 work the way it was intended too.
    No hassle no hickups no ugly surprises.......... well sometimes but not that bad.

Roy

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Ultimate Ukrainian 1435mm track tested in Golden yard

can it get any better on the track ????
    Yesterday's testing at Golden yard with V rail beton 1435mm

If anyone claim there's a better one, let's compare them and see

I'm most critical on detail and overal look and feel and this is the best so far I' ve seen around for a long very long time.

Roy

Hi Roy

I played around with that track a while ago. It is beautifully modeled and reasonably easy on frame rates but I could not find a single image of USA concrete track using anything remotely like that track fixing method. Pretty much every pic I found showed some variation of the Pandrol clip type of fixing. If I am wrong please let me know because I would be onto that track in a flash if was usable for modern BNSF hi-speed track...

Andy
    checkrail.com...freeware routes for Trainz

Blog Entries

Default hmm what you say is you cannot find image of real us high speed track to replace this

Quote Originally Posted by Dermmy View Post
    Hi Roy

I played around with that track a while ago. It is beautifully modeled and reasonably easy on frame rates but I could not find a single image of USA concrete track using anything remotely like that track fixing method. Pretty much every pic I found showed some variation of the Pandrol clip type of fixing. If I am wrong please let me know because I would be onto that track in a flash if was usable for modern BNSF hi-speed track...

Andy
    Andy,

what you try to say is that you need a more prototypical us track image to replace Oleg's or? I am lost sorry??
    See I like very much this one and even asked Oleg if he is willing to make a wood based i.o.concrete one but keep the nice blots and connections just feels awesome even if not prototypical for the regiosn we want to use it. Sometimes its nicer when we are allowed to drift awy a little bit for the good sake.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by joosten View Post
    ... what you try to say is that you need a more prototypical us track ...
    Roy
    Yep - beautiful track but as far as I know not prototypical for USA routes.

I agree that there is no need to enforce absolute prototype fidelity on any Trainz route and I am definitely not criticising your use of it

It is surprising though that despite the huge amount of track on the DLS and elsewhere there is so little that is truly applicable to a modern North American route. An opportunity for bored content creators perhaps...

Andy
    checkrail.com...freeware routes for Trainz

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Hi Andy look at this wood on concrete sleepers

Andy don't ever worry that you might criticize me and even if so I am sure it was meant constructive.
    This morning i just wonder how a quicky on Oleg's sleepers would look when I take a texture form our beloved Lady X and see this was born after a little while.

Yep i know the sleepers are wrong shaped for rectangular wooden sleepers but just to get the feeling with the bolts and fixings I think it will look darn good when have real dark wood or light wooden sleepers with his track.

You agree with wooden sleepers they not look to bad after all.

Roy