Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Hi Roy,
Did you have to do anything special to get the RR Mods loco to work in TANE? Am thinking of purchasing, but am not sure if their loco's will work in TANE being as they are not supported.

@Railroader, no just installed well.

bandicam%2525202015-08-27%25252010-10-50-865.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Railroader, no just installed well.

@Erik, thanks, as you can see things not look as bad as a very small group of individuals on this forum and on a T.net want it to look alike. Hooliganism has been of all times so it does.
snip snip

Roy,
You might be interested to find that the site you are bashing on is not meant for 'hoolaginism', as you put it, nor bashing. It is simply a more peaceful location for content creators to talk about all things trains - whether it's Trainz, real-life trains, Railworks or what have you, it's not as bad a place as a few folks here seem to try to make it.
You'll find a few respected creators have also moved to the site as well.

Flamewars of any kind are not allowed - this includes heavy bashing on T:ANE and/or N3V (and any other rail simulator or person(s)). People are free to speak their mind without being hushed. Additionally, you will notice a few folks on there who do like T:ANE. It ain't just folks who dislike it, you know.

(Please note I'm not an official spokesperson or anything, but people have been bashing the site a lot it seems when there really is no reason. I just wanted to try and make it clear that we aren't here to destroy anyone or anything or cause trouble.)

That's all. Back to the topic on hand now.
Cheers,
SM

SM - if you are referring to the site I think you are, then you may want to review their latest posts.

Shane

Shane,
I would be curious as to what posts you are referring to. Everything over there is quite civil right now, and there aren't any actual insulting/ranting/etc posts. The closest is the TANE Thoughts area, but things there have been smooth there.
Should any obscenely rude posts come up, they are removed.
This isn't the thread for it, but I would like to know which posts you refer to. A PM is fine by me if you have any true concerns over any posts and I will do my best to relay them to the mods.

Cheers,
SM

Hey Roy, I recently purchased the Laggan West route and I wanna report a bunch of problems that I've found so far:

First off, the track is European, not North American. The differences here would be spikes instead of European style abutments holding up the rail that you have used.

The trackwork is pretty rough, and I'd recommend looking into making the curves smoother and more gradual. Careful use of the straighten track tool and careful asset choice regarding bridges and tunnels would help with this.

The tunnels (most notably in the famous "Spiral Tunnels" portion) are of the wrong type, lacking the distinctive retaining walls among other features. Also, the trackwork here is rough as well due to a snap to grid tunnel being used in order to ease the process of punching and covering up digholes. This really detracts from a pretty famous scene, so I just thought that I'd let ya know in case you ever wanted to correct this error.

Something that's also fairly distracting is how the same tree seems to be used over and over and over again. In real life, even the same species of tree will have variations in height, growth, etc. On the route, it seems that the trees weren't even rotated, which again detracts from the scene.

In many places the wrong types of powerlines are used. These can easily be solved as well by a quick DLS search.

The texturing, while in some parts very good, is also lackluster in many, many areas. Texture rotation should be employed while laying down textures, and the tiling effect that the neglect of this tool brings really isn't pretty on a route.

Try for some variety in shrubbery, as that aspect of the foliage seems to become a bit redundant on the route as well.

The gradients in some places are pretty out of whack too. On the loop (again), the gradients were more of a roller coaster than a continuos downward slope. I found this especially disappointing because handling trains over the pass requires the gradients to be in check, and if they aren't then it leads to a poor driving experience.

There were a few more problems that I found in a preliminary flythrough of the route that I wrote down somewhere but can't seem to find at the moment due to the migration of my school books from my drawers to my desk. I'll be sure to update you when I find them though!

Mostly, I think it just needs more work. Attention to detail is key when route building, and it can make, or unfortunately (in my opinion, in this case) break a route. I can't speak to the full version of the route, but I was somewhat disappointed by this route (which is pretty close to my heart as my dad once traveled to Calgary on a weekly basis, and I was able to observe many of these locations myself), especially for the price.

Keep working on it though, with enough practice, you might get somewhere! :)

Shane,
I would be curious as to what posts you are referring to. Everything over there is quite civil right now, and there aren't any actual insulting/ranting/etc posts. The closest is the TANE Thoughts area, but things there have been smooth there.
Should any obscenely rude posts come up, they are removed.
This isn't the thread for it, but I would like to know which posts you refer to. A PM is fine by me if you have any true concerns over any posts and I will do my best to relay them to the mods.

Cheers,
SM

Hi SM,

I've sent you a PM, although the subject got a bit muddled.

Shane

It is unacceptable to bash other sites, I have edited some posts to remove content.

Funny how lots of this bashing - the very thing they accuse others of - is from the same few peeps who've a vested interest in and/or donated a large amount of money to the campaign.

@Jackson: if it was a recent purchase you can file for buyer protection on Paypal or a bank chargeback.

Nice that you're back ... I am looking forward on the further development of your route! I have to give up, to get run your Mountain-Sub in T:ANE. Hope there will be eventually a version for the game.

Thank you for many hours, on your great route!

Dear Escd84,

thank you for your kind post and please no dispair.
All the picutres i show is the ALL NEW Roystrainz routes for T:ANE(and future) only.
I promise it will be a never seen before indulgment of great Canadian Rocky Mountains landscape,scenery and of course as close as possible to prototypical railways and usage of 3D seasonal assets.
Please a little more patience it is more than worth waiting a little bit longer so we have a real stabil version of T:ANE supporting my routes.

Roy

Hey, Roy, that last picture reminds me --- in TS12, a rising or setting sun, that is behind a mountain from the selected point of view, can often be seen shining through the mountain, as if the mountain were transparent. Does that happen in T:ANE? (Great picture, BTW :) )

Hi Steve,

no i not noticed any transparent mountains and honestly T:ANE is and was for me at a level way above minimum acceptance level to work with. I could not have done and worked all those month on my routes and stuff even going through the test builds at the same time so what else can I say.....

9e-Zp8jc_hWF6sBYJ7lL6Pha21khHq_5JYfNEtDZxT4j8zcD05odo-DU2EuG6VuAWzcH2Isim8B3lqA0nA9vYE8ggSosIsz9g6gIWXg2qOMy9xfmELxdptfborU0LiRDwjIIPAFz8xofY4Z-vox5FhU_fSOLpFsAKYpxiwOBJHpPoAuCLcDf3p6fkHWi9yCOqEGuMMoZ3I16WE4ecHYdcxm6AfouUfVUTwrJ0DLrGOwVOxQxejFegEyFVCJr9DAiFbrPHDqW1mB1R8NyAbPxPCVOqyHb7DIZ_V2VYCTgJ-ZYF9s8eHt0dh1ebNP5_kUvisZb-6PuzJaGkv89rjAYeJl45WtTxwOpQL8aPHTwjh_r7HurSCac_adBsIwZVPn3vULYL0-36eU7KGP3ZCRTLJjOTCgsFdUC0eCPyiNxCtEm-Z0JQVyome8XKjsUN5R4p7vqKFq2mVIegL6rHOoH4tbtSLxeQBQlgTzHNcIXeSHsN7t7Z0NIBsZm2Z7N748O5htwNEX1t_onJu2ao3ceD82arBOiw41ntvZ3Xk5zZNg=w1304-h775-no

eMabY7p30G549_oysWAm8oy02eJEejj7Cmp5vVDTfaOYyudwogIWzMhGILoFqzJEH05MqZ655e1cy-fLShqdnHRC0oY7gnkQTNUbXvLJX2cQbza1cg6rvJBA2-NESe_BKPtOXuwohR-xU2rQVXqapx7dYvxlnXmDi6WbLGR2gLZoQxl7H3cvHS0PObPAij7nlbrWh-iEj7evRjbZgaIlwc0qOHVum2mEG2xt1d0HtT1JtaOjjHRYIhgh0flZkk8fbR9kZWNbYSZgyFeqsseG7vr5AJE7yEiE3jQRsBvU9ZktGTQ4W0vDjfMnoUlUCZ3J5Iq-gA386DrJ634lEOlbULjjR9qKcL26R4_nBvEvwyYjwzz9e-c4MpF3k2wYJwva2SJpzcIzX_agLLw7FrmmQ-kBnK4HPy_nL0-YjdQ-EQrakKOOZm9PWVtJESgQPEdJfQriG6RXKfRnAHnUS_BPVlppovIak9bCUdre-zdDxL3MWcfDPr2VH14jXByVKO0aCjDTEvYqSDA_6fWvctkgFhbCUtcp_6AuqVY5Lg1R8fg=w1304-h775-no

gTy3Y6zNPLdFLtXZ9wj8ZqHNymSD1ThW-Nf-xAzaZ6Ulg4hQ9UCrHVLlH0AWTrkZYdRENAtu7ZplkqYtbPm_hpl0MDxKJ5IsHLMPVyFJ6RpuWbqggz-r-fS7kbtP1Pw8jCUg4hDuKGN_-iALWC3igSvPG5eTDNkP76BcUdNdjePh1jZ6V-Iftnfpxvx-Fzmx6CkQtRIUqEI7ukbKQjgXGg89-roYJFRMbvOUt-QT6oSd4bNiJ0VUi1INPtwGbeFmoU7HSsDpM9PEtv4qN9xkyVwTkvjHDUFJpoAqIkwYWw0M8srfKLaCP4hkKe-fFOLcfSxS9bNylofMr0uzqmFiAHXHXEtmZVnfmA7PmajgcYPn8_tEbTzQlXeBQIKAIjJ7vKl8bPPIroVT-izRjtPrxDM5iI3Eu7jGZxnqSWQtPZjra6Pq_mg_t9LUAA_ZxuuBClu-bdhRsYdICxfUoI_cfJpgCmF3Y30Te40_ef1R86z5YlD52BVMvNU10YNB-NDmJNy6nZez4y4kGRTYLd4PJ1pIpK2zz2_lvR0NqSdauWo=w1304-h775-no

You have a nice day!

Roy

Last edited:
Back