Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Keep rockin' it Roy, your shots continue to look great! Ask Ning if she has a sister for me...;)

Ning is at the candle festival today with her daughter 12

Tis raining night and day and I "guard (trainz excuse)" the property!
Cannot ask her if she has a 'sister friend' as in thai culture they call every one they just know a friend.
Send me your picture i know a nice smart middle age she has a construction business in Khon Kaen so not waiting for your money and she is a real friend of ours looking for a good lookin falang.
I told her don't look for it it will happen one day just like trainz be patience.
Awaiting your picture by pm please:cool:

Roy:hehe:

Awaiting your picture by pm please Roy:hehe:

Well met Sir, you've called my bluff! If she is a good friend, then we wouldn't want to scare her so badly. Anyway, I'm tied down with this computer and three children, and after one marriage went South, I'm not looking for a second!:D

Release date for amazing route???

great posts, but I feel like I am outside the big Christmas window and can't get through the glass to play with this route!!!

Any idea of a release date you are willig to share??? (your fans await)

Cheers,
:hehe:

Dear WMM1216

great posts, but I feel like I am outside the big Christmas window and can't get through the glass to play with this route!!!

Any idea of a release date you are willing to share??? (your fans await)

Cheers,
:hehe:

thanks for hopping in and share your excitement with me and many others:cool:.
I am as excited as anybody as I first hand witness every day:wave::wave: the ups and downs (Rockies:hehe:) and currently almost overkill detail on Revelstoke.

I projected to finalize this huge section #4 out of 5 (Vancouver-Calgary) huge even more amazing other sections in the pipeline and waiting nearly finished to get launched not to long afterwards.

This let's call it 7 year project waited for final detailing for certain quality level I did not get until TS12!!!!!!!

That is why (many probably wonder) #4 will be launched first as this was the test case to see if the route would survive the TS12 and my very high standards and level of acceptance of look and feel for my routes.

Once the detailing of Revelstoke is finished I have some 11 km more to go towards Sicamous which is already done old style so revamp with pofig replace assets and little river details as you get used to see from me.

When reach the final end I have to go back east and finish some 50 creeks along the route replace some nice payware around Golden with pofigs lib clean up and than the big job of creating the route should be done 99%.
The last part call it "desert" is making sessions which i am a little bit horrified that might spoil the party.
For those Canadian fans and others with great experience in sessions any hints advice more than welcome.

I will get session experience along the way as learning by doing is my slogan all my life:hehe::cool:.

So release date between Xmas and spring 2012 is my best guess.
Good things need time like wine and other stuff are not done in one day or one year.....

have a wonderful day all of you

Roy n Ning;)

thanks for hopping in and share your excitement with me and many others:cool:.
I am as excited as anybody as I first hand witness every day:wave::wave: the ups and downs (Rockies:hehe:) and currently almost overkill detail on Revelstoke.

I projected to finalize this huge section #4 out of 5 (Vancouver-Calgary) huge even more amazing other sections in the pipeline and waiting nearly finished to get launched not to long afterwards.

This let's call it 7 year project waited for final detailing for certain quality level I did not get until TS12!!!!!!!

That is why (many probably wonder) #4 will be launched first as this was the test case to see if the route would survive the TS12 and my very high standards and level of acceptance of look and feel for my routes.

Once the detailing of Revelstoke is finished I have some 11 km more to go towards Sicamous which is already done old style so revamp with pofig replace assets and little river details as you get used to see from me.

When reach the final end I have to go back east and finish some 50 creeks along the route replace some nice payware around Golden with pofigs lib clean up and than the big job of creating the route should be done 99%.
The last part call it "desert" is making sessions which i am a little bit horrified that might spoil the party.
For those Canadian fans and others with great experience in sessions any hints advice more than welcome.

I will get session experience along the way as learning by doing is my slogan all my life:hehe::cool:.

So release date between Xmas and spring 2012 is my best guess.
Good things need time like wine and other stuff are not done in one day or one year.....

have a wonderful day all of you

Roy n Ning;)

That sounds amazing Roy! I (and many others) certainly look forward to running this whenever you release it, and looking in awe at your screenshots until then!

thanks for your amazing support

Tyard thanks for your spontaneous amazing support.
Normally one would expect after so long like I saw a few times in the beginning "haha you never gonna make it impossible or certain individuals one day state like wow and the next week like I never really liked it but the last one was probably somebody getting periods(in the best case):hehe: if you know what I mean.lol

In a few minutes I will post results first attempt on Mckenzie Ave Revelstoke and the grizzly statues.

have a great monday

Roy;)

Revelstoke McKenzie Ave first attempt W.I.P

Cayden my friend you were curious to see my progress/attempts on getting Revelstoke up and running, well here this morning's first attempt.
Let me know if it is close enough so no overkill on details and safe time for more important issues.

trainz2011071810155136.jpg

trainz2011071810162690.jpg

trainz2011071810165271.jpg

trainz2011071810172172.jpg

trainz2011071810182627.jpg

trainz2011071810184936.jpg

trainz2011071810192158.jpg

trainz2011071810200843.jpg

trainz2011071810204690.jpg

Ed and others if you wonder what the heck the monkey and zebra do here well simple:
  1. Till i got some replacement like a bear or even grizzly i try this with if Ed you can provide a sign for the gorila saying: "don't money with mother nature, save the grizzly too"
  2. for the zebra it's obvious for safety make a sign that says: " walk the zebra only to cross the street"
have a wonderful day y'all

Roy n Ning:hehe:

Revelstoke wildlife

I like the gazebo. The streetlights and posts are right on! The zebra? Well maybe if you added KUID2:52682:39404:1 at least it would sound like a bear to passersby.

Cayden

just joking

I like the gazebo. The streetlights and posts are right on! The zebra? Well maybe if you added KUID2:52682:39404:1 at least it would sound like a bear to passersby.

Cayden
Gazebo I have seen other ones on the dls but not found them yet to compare.
Yes i will take out the monkey and zebra and wait for something else that fits better.

The lights are funny as the ground reflection hoovers about 30 cm above ground level for obvious reasons we all know.

The cobblestone work well i think.

Today I will commence with block per block filling.

Yesterday i did the fire station (all i can find for the moment) and block in front i show you after this post. Think looks good when I progress slowly but steady with good results.

Cayden I remember in your beautiful website I saw a white suspension bridge would that (which one) fit better than the red one(i will reskin later to grayish rusty steel)which is a 4/6 lane one to wide shown later in the pict. needs to be a 2 lane smaller road:eek:
I will show you the 3 bridges I choose for this area.

Thanks for your support and comment.

Roy;)

Revelstoke BC,CA "my Way" impressionz W.I.P

today especially for Cayden and to HONOR the Davesnow/Eupho/RRsignal crew, impressionz of current status on creating Revelstoke My Way.
Here is the fire station, police dept little restaurants in front same like in Google earth.
trainz2011072007010406.jpg

trainz2011072007032132.jpg

As long as i find something (from far)similar I go for it or jusr drift away with the very stron inside urge to make a little my way corner like many times not real but feels good9 and that is what counts after all).

trainz2011072007065523.jpg

trainz2011072007070315.jpg

trainz2011072007074203.jpg

d
trainz2011072007121871.jpg

Cayden this is the suspension bridge to be a 2L and rusty gray silver color dirty looking.

trainz2011072007091821.jpg

trainz2011072007100533.jpg

trainz2011072007104655.jpg

W.I.P yes the bollards not follow the road anymore will check.

trainz2011072007112140.jpg

any suggestion/advice for better items to replace a corner or setting always welcome; shy to say is not an option!

Roy

The excellency continues! :p
I also must say I find the second picture in that last post kinda funny with the Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks (mmm, my favorite!) right next to eachother.

Just out of innocent curiosity, why do you usually run Chinese equipment for the screenshots? While those models are all certainly stunning, and one could say the modeling equivalent of your route, they are a bit of an odd location :p

Revelstoke Bridges

Hi Roy,
I used the Austin Warren Truss 2, kuid2:316:38029:1 for the Wilson Street bridge, Canadian Bridge Spline 1,kuid2:210518:5019:1 for the CPR train bridge and
Bear Mountain bridge, kuid:46819:38146 for the Trans-Canada Highway bridge. I used a couple of trees to mask the abbustments at one end of the Bear Mountain bridge.

Cayden

revelstokebridgesgoogle.jpg

Google Maps - Revelstoke bridges crossing the Columbia River

mbcrevelstokebridges.jpg

The Canadian Pacific Railway's Mountain Subdivision: Field to Revelstoke British Columbia, Canada (MBC)

- Revelstoke bridges crossing the Columbia River

Last edited:
thank you so much Cayden

Wow this is very nice of you i owe you and so fast.
I will try these and compare the total impact on the scenery. The columns Canadian for protection against ice and trees in the water looks good. The 2l bridge is much calmer than the 4L red one but maybe just change the color.
Very very nice shot of your layout with the 3 bridges!
Thanks again,

Roy:cool:

Bear (Zebra) Plaza

Hi Roy,
I also meant to mention that I used “Baer3 Sound” by lotharhake kuid:68787:35062 for a bear sound elsewhere on the MBC. It also comes with a 2D picture of a Grizzly bear, which might work for Grizzly Plaza until something better shows up.

Cayden

Hey Tyard I owe you some inside detail indformation

The excellency continues! :p
I also must say I find the second picture in that last post kinda funny with the Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks (mmm, my favorite!) right next to eachother.

Just out of innocent curiosity, why do you usually run Chinese equipment for the screenshots? While those models are all certainly stunning, and one could say the modeling equivalent of your route, they are a bit of an odd location :p

thanks for the continuation of nice comment although the city is different work of art therefore not easier.

The brew crew Dave, Ed, RRsignal there very nice items i gave a temp place just to see how it would work in an average us city look alike NOT YET:hehe: placed them where a similar business was located so these will change location for sure.
Cayden reminded me of lotharhake's bear sound which I already downloaded with 2004 or 2006 version but forgot about and when searching key word bear it not showed up because of the german language umlaut makes baer of it. That's why you have trainz buddy's right?

The Ocemy collection I use for there detail first class and "heavy'(fps) like no other so when they work anything else will work. That is why i continue to test/use them every where I work and go.
When finished i will reskin (for own use of course)them with less chinese wordings on the rolling stock and loco's.

So when i take shots you have to see the "wider":hehe: picture of it and ignore if russian chinese or any "foreign one appearing for similar cause and looking good.

have a great day

Roy;)

The bear has found its way to Revelstoke

Hi Roy,
I also meant to mention that I used “Baer3 Sound” by lotharhake kuid:68787:35062 for a bear sound elsewhere on the MBC. It also comes with a 2D picture of a Grizzly bear, which might work for Grizzly Plaza until something better shows up.

Cayden

I told Tyard about it and yes i had that one already just not was aware of it so very good for the moment.

The 3 bridges I checked but none of them have the kind of detail I was looking for.
I found a way to trick the eye on the red Giuliano Bridge to make it a 2ane with low barrier both sides and walk/bike concrete path. The difference in concrete versus asphalt color fools the eye and makes it less wide than it appears which is what i want and look much better than expected.
Pictures tomorrow.

Also have a temporary very nice looking structure for the Railway Museum only missing CPR caboose and other typical cpr stuff not available in TS12 for the moment.

The Revelstoke railway station also has a destination as well as Josephpav his superliners to imitate the Rocky Mountaineer.

Unfortunately I could not reskin them as they are a 1.5 version and the meshes are outdated so any work on reskin never get to the commit item and see some result.

Maybe I will ask Josephpav if he intend to upgrade these gems!!

thanks again for the great help and input.

Roy

Head's up Roy; RRSignal has his nightmode versions of Subway, Starbucks, and others on the DLS black pages now.

Back