can it get any better on the track ????
Yesterday's testing at Golden yard with V rail beton 1435mm
trainz2011051104430796.jpg

trainz2011051104433153.jpg

trainz2011051104454601.jpg

trainz2011051104461081.jpg

trainz2011051104471764.jpg

If anyone claim there's a better one, let's compare them and see

I'm most critical on detail and overal look and feel and this is the best so far I' ve seen around for a long very long time.

Roy:cool:

Hi Roy

I played around with that track a while ago. It is beautifully modeled and reasonably easy on frame rates but I could not find a single image of USA concrete track using anything remotely like that track fixing method. Pretty much every pic I found showed some variation of the Pandrol clip type of fixing. If I am wrong please let me know because I would be onto that track in a flash if was usable for modern BNSF hi-speed track...

Andy :)

hmm what you say is you cannot find image of real us high speed track to replace this

Hi Roy

I played around with that track a while ago. It is beautifully modeled and reasonably easy on frame rates but I could not find a single image of USA concrete track using anything remotely like that track fixing method. Pretty much every pic I found showed some variation of the Pandrol clip type of fixing. If I am wrong please let me know because I would be onto that track in a flash if was usable for modern BNSF hi-speed track...

:confused: Andy,

what you try to say is that you need a more prototypical us track image to replace Oleg's or? I am lost sorry??
See I like very much this one and even asked Oleg if he is willing to make a wood based i.o.concrete one but keep the nice blots and connections just feels awesome even if not prototypical for the regiosn we want to use it. Sometimes its nicer when we are allowed to drift awy a little bit for the good sake.

Roy;)

... what you try to say is that you need a more prototypical us track ...
Roy;)

Yep - beautiful track but as far as I know not prototypical for USA routes.

I agree that there is no need to enforce absolute prototype fidelity on any Trainz route and I am definitely not criticising your use of it :)

It is surprising though that despite the huge amount of track on the DLS and elsewhere there is so little that is truly applicable to a modern North American route. An opportunity for bored content creators perhaps...

Hi Andy look at this wood on concrete sleepers

Andy don't ever worry that you might criticize me and even if so I am sure it was meant constructive.
This morning i just wonder how a quicky on Oleg's sleepers would look when I take a texture form our beloved Lady X and see this was born after a little while.

:hehe::hehe::hehe: Yep i know the sleepers are wrong shaped for rectangular wooden sleepers but just to get the feeling with the bolts and fixings I think it will look darn good when have real dark wood or light wooden sleepers with his track.
trainz2011051316010974.jpg

trainz2011051316020535.jpg

You agree with wooden sleepers they not look to bad after all.

Roy;)

Thanks Jay here some picts of wood/concrete sleepers Olegkhim

Man, roy, this is one breathtaking route. What a gem!

Jay

look and feel of wood sleepers of Oleg's trackware wait for the real rectangular shaped wooden sleepers Oleg is gonna make just for testing here one of Brittany's wood sleeper texture on the concrete one:hehe::hehe:
She not gonna like that for sure but that is her problem not mine.:p
At this moment i choose Olegkhims' trackware as THE TRACK for all my routes.

trainz2011052006373376.jpg

trainz2011052006363600.jpg

trainz2011052006320980.jpg

trainz2011052006311184.jpg

trainz2011052006302871.jpg

trainz2011052006283914.jpg

thank you Oleg!!
Спасибо за все те приятные stuff!

Roy;)

could not yet fix the glare at certain time of the day to much reflection.
What settings do the Trainzers experts advice me here to get this cosmetic problem solved??

The glare is a specular reflection. You control this from the specular reflection map - which is stored in the alphachannel of your normal map.

Thank you James was already solved

The glare is a specular reflection. You control this from the specular reflection map - which is stored in the alpha channel of your normal map.

Yes that was solved a while ago but thanks anyway.
Funny enough i updated some McGuirel stuff and got the glare back so she put herself offside with a to quick no check (she not have TS12) policy.
No big deal anyway i use her old ones which work well with yellow flag.

have a nice day,

Roy;)

TS12 at its best thanks to all the great content creators!! out there

trainz2011052306191532.jpg

trainz2011052306215462.jpg

trainz2011052306233315.jpg

trainz2011052306204157.jpg

trainz2011052306195076.jpg

:mop::mop::hehe:

have nice day

Roy;)

Last edited:
Wow!! Amazing shots. Such incredible scenery. But just one thing- whats with the locomotives? They look cool but it would be much more realistic to have some BC Rail, CN, or CP locomotives and such on those lines instead. Just a suggestion- again, I love the route and have been trying to make a freelance route like that for some time now, but never get much farther than a few baseboards!

thank you James CP BC and CPR I know

Wow!! Amazing shots. Such incredible scenery. But just one thing- whats with the locomotives? They look cool but it would be much more realistic to have some BC Rail, CN, or CP locomotives and such on those lines instead. Just a suggestion- again, I love the route and have been trying to make a freelance route like that for some time now, but never get much farther than a few baseboards!

James you not the first one wondering about russian and chinese stuff(excellent though) running around my WIP.
Trust me when finished you will se the finest Canadian locomotives running around but for now these are my personal favorites in look and feel and they do not make the scenery look less beautiful, in the contrary if you ask me.
By the time this route part # 4 get finished end of this year i will aquire the latest and finest canadian loco and rolling stock and also reskin further Ocemy's wonderfull detailed stuff to make them CP NC etc compatible in look and feel.
Thanks again for hopping in and feel free to submerge:hehe: in this wonderful landscape.

Roy:)

NFS9708 thank you

thanks for hopping in and enjoy the views the way i do every day.
its a lot of fun and anxious to get this one finished soon.

Roy;)

oops I almost sound like Brittany

moaning and telling y'all how hard i work that was not my intention at all:eek:

All i do and the results is what i enjoy and wish to share with the community with pictures now and the route later.

ok back to work and planting, planting,planting.....................:cool:

Roy

Roy: Critique my work too see wether I'm on the right track as far scenery and topology..I'm trying new techniques etc..Thank you:wave: :wave:
Bobcass_20110519_0051.jpg

much better my friend

I saw this one last night just before go sleep but to late to answer and said to Ning my wife he like Bob made some real nice improvements!!
Ok honest and straight forward:

1. if any way possible get TS12
  2. if not row with the paddles you have and 2009 is not the finest intermediate release but still ok.
  3. much better composition with the trees but try to avoid on the high mountains to put detailed (only) high res textures as they will not work the way on any given distance other than close.
  4. Work with some gray or any other smooth color no fancy textures or best snow like alp snow uniform so you not see the squares from far.
  5. ts2009 no speedtrees yet right forgot:hehe: so use something like Trunda and DMdrake his talltrees series I used a lot for the mountains like Douglas Fir series very very nice one on TS2006
  6. When you have a sharp long drop the textures gets stretched to much and the result is strokes and stripes but no environmental texture impact you like. Like close to the track you can use F1 and take the DEM points and stretch them one by one down till you see the texture has more quality and detail to reckon.
  7. In your picture amazingly the overal first impressions is wow but when you look a seond time you get attracted by the long sharp drops where the textures not work. there use snow uniform like alp snow and let trainz do the job if lucky time of day shade create a draker side on the slope to mimique rocks.
  8. When take a picture and like here see lots of steam show the engine and fill your picture on the bottom side{s} with something detailed nearby to get a better overall scenic view and fill of the frame. That's what my mam teached my many many years ago when young, she was a heck of a photographer like her father.
  9. groundtextures try high res textures if available not those where you see the pixels or no real detail .
  10. Ok my friend this picture you get an 8 knowing where you come from and not give up and i am very happy for you you get the grip step by step.
one thing you need above all is patience and try try try do not be shy or scared try things, rotate, scale the textures and see what it does, mix and blend and see at different day times.

ok enough for today hope this intro helps you and gives the energy and boost for the next leap!!!

have a wonderful day dear Bob!

Roy and Ning:wave:

Back