Okay... now i'm confused..

meyshollop

South Coast Trainz
Right, before anyone has a go at me i'm NOT asking questions that have been asked and answered time and time again OR moaning about the download station access for '04/'06...

Right, with that out the way i'm using TC3, i'm patiently waiting for a slot on the download station, then when i get one i go to download via FTP, enter my FTP login as shown on my page on the auran website, and it wont take it?? :S any suggestions?

Many thanks

Meyshollop

Surely not? As i've used FTP before without an FCT? And my cmp wont let my d/l either?? :confused:

meyshollop
Using the ftp option you download a CDP, and as you've no fct you only get 3-4 kbps download speed and have to use the download helper or your CM to download.
Weekends you've not much chance, late evenings are the best bet.

04/06 users now need a manditory FCT to download from the DLS ... I hear that TC3 will soon be in the same boat in Sept 2011, or perhaps it has allredy happened for TC3 users ?

There are lots of 3rd party sites where you can download for free:cool:

Well @cascaderailroad i'm using TC3 so that's fine... and it'll let me onto the page where it normally downloads the .cdp but then asks for a login, which i enter as i said earlier, but it just keeps asking for it?
meyshollop

it'll let me onto the page where it normally downloads the .cdp but then asks for a login, which i enter as i said earlier, but it just keeps asking for it?
meyshollop

I think this might be part of the server full problem because that happens to me sometimes. I usually close that window and click on the download FTP button again, more often than not it then works although occaionally I give up and try later.

The alternative if you want the CDP is to dowload using CM then save the asset to CDP from CM.

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Most browsers have a form of it built-in. When you click the FTP button, a pop-up should appear asking if you want to run or save the file (usually a CDP). If you then find a place for the file and click "Save", the FTP part will download and save your file.

Bill

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Most browsers have a form of it built-in. When you click the FTP button, a pop-up should appear asking if you want to run or save the file (usually a CDP). If you then find a place for the file and click "Save", the FTP part will download and save your file.

Bill
Oh ok thanks for your awnser;)

Back