"Drive Via---" but retain control??

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Is there a rule or something whereby I can instruct my train to "Drive Via..." or "Drive To..." but I will still have complete control of the Throttle, Brakes, etc.??

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave - The only way I can think of doing this is by using the Path rule to set up your intended path. Select the required path in Driver and then drive the train yourself.

That way, the junction directions would be set for you. If the path is clear the rule would terminate with the path set. You would need to select a new path when you reach the end of the first path.

I don't know if the Path Trigger rule works in 2010, but it is worth a try. From what I remember, it can set new paths as your train crosses a trigger.

You may have given me an idea for a new driver command.

Trevor

The other way is to cheat. Build your scenario, and set all the junctions in your favour. Any AI traffic you build in will have to change the turnouts to work for them, but as the consist clears the junction it resets to its original set position.
The other way is to use triggers, so that as your train approaches a hazard, it is controlled by your train. It means lots of loops in the setup template in the surveyor, with "check trackside" and all the other toys.

Last edited:
Hi Dave - The only way I can think of doing this is by using the Path rule to set up your intended path. Select the required path in Driver and then drive the train yourself.

That way, the junction directions would be set for you. If the path is clear the rule would terminate with the path set. You would need to select a new path when you reach the end of the first path.

I don't know if the Path Trigger rule works in 2010, but it is worth a try. From what I remember, it can set new paths as your train crosses a trigger.

You may have given me an idea for a new driver command.

Trevor
Would like to add my own plea for such a rule. My enjoyment is driving. Am tired of missing a junction etc with disastourous consequences and a return to the previous saved session. Would be most grateful for such a contribution.
Rgds
Geoff

Back