1 Asset(s) Failed to Download

vince0018

I'm sure this has been talked about before. I've been doing a lot of research and have come across a lot of threads related to this topic, I've tried many many fixes and haven't been able to fix this particular issue.

When entering the game I see that I have 147 content updates but when I try to update any of them I get the above message "1 Asset(s) Failed to Download" At first it looks like it's about to start downloading, saying something like "0 of 357kbs downloaded" But doesn't get any of it downloaded before aborting.

I've been trying for about four days now at many different times during the day and night. I've been checking as many threads as I can find and trying any fixes I can. Many times I've tried the password fix, going to the Auran site and changing the password. I've blanked and saved the password from the content manager, quit, re-entered CM entered UN and PW saved and quit again. I've made sure I have a first class ticket, and that my game is registered. I've even tried reinstalling the game.

And whenever I try to install something from within the content manager the download looks like it's about to start, but turns red and errors without any progress. However at this time I don't care about adding anything from the CM to my game, I just want to update the stuff I have, since certain train engines have sound glitches, which I'm hoping the updates will fix.

I don't know what else to try at this point, if there's any help I can get I'll be very thankful. Also this is for TS2010:EE. If there's any more info needed just ask.

Yes I made sure I have a first class ticket, as I stated above.
My profile says:

First Class Access Active
Your Tickets:
FCT Expires 23 Feb 2011

I read somewhere about servers having issues, so I thought that might be what it was. But I've been trying many times a day the past few days and haven't been able to download a single kb yet. I'm completely stumped at this point.

I don't have an FCT, but by repeatedly pressing the update button I was able to clear all my updates (over #100). I said in another post, you just have to get one of those "drinking birds" and place it over your "Enter" key. Sometimes I had to click over twenty times, but usually only 4 or 5.

I don't have an FCT, but by repeatedly pressing the update button I was able to clear all my updates (over #100). I said in another post, you just have to get one of those "drinking birds" and place it over your "Enter" key. Sometimes I had to click over twenty times, but usually only 4 or 5.

After your comment earlier about wearing a dress, I've now got a mental image of you as Homer Simpson working from home:

images
images

Doh!

Paul

Last edited:
After your comment earlier about wearing a dress, I've now got a mental image of you as Homer Simpson working from home:

"This just in; an Adelaide, South Australia man gouged out his own eyes for an unknown reason this morning...":eek:

I've been clicking the 'retry' button many times now and still no luck. But a weird thing is happening also. Every time I retry the total download size says it increases. So when it was originally approx 300kb after I clicked retry it went to 600kb, then 900kb, etc. Now it says 0b of 64.02MB and keeps increasing as I click retry.

I've been clicking the 'retry' button many times now and still no luck. But a weird thing is happening also. Every time I retry the total download size says it increases. So when it was originally approx 300kb after I clicked retry it went to 600kb, then 900kb, etc. Now it says 0b of 64.02MB and keeps increasing as I click retry.

Yeah it does that to me as well, but it only downloads the original size. Sorry it's not working out for you.

Well it's at 0 of 205MB now, and frankly I'm starting to get tired of clicking.
I don't know what else to try now, any ideas or help welcome.

Back