Screenshot of the Week: Jan. 16-22, 2011

JRT

Banned
Greetings,

Steveo241 is no longer doing the "Screenshot of the week" so I will be filling in for the time being.

One entry per-person
No theme this week

Voting will began the 22nd

Have fun!

Cheers,
JRT

tomahawk368201101160012.jpg

A trio of CSX GE C40-8 diesels wait on the Saginaw Sub for an autorack train to clear the Lincoln Secondary. I just downloaded these puppies and they are great. All credit goes to my friend Austin for helping me out with getting these puppies.
peremarquette1225fan201.jpg

Since JRT has been banned for a period, he asked me to take his spot for the time being.
He wishes to tell McGuirel..."Nice Shot" and I will echo that. Love what you've done there Brittany.

Cheers,
Woody

Very impressive shot there...
Photoshop?
Good how the locos stand out amongst all those coal cars.

~snip

I agree with Scratchy. Very impressive shot.

The one thing stopping it being a really great shot is the blue look of the background trees, perhaps because the sky is too dark, creating the wrong visual contrast.

A "milkier", bland, misty white sky would make those trees look so much darker and realistic IMHO. It's only an illusion, but it works.

Good to see you back in the weekly competitions Jadebullet!

Cheers
Casper
:)

Yeah, it was a shot that I took during a session, and unfortunately, it still had the default EK3 sky, which was blue, which I had to desaturate in order to get it to look right.

Back