Class 378 Capitalstar & London Overground Line

I've already started making the route, I'm starting at Stratford (I live near there...) I'm also doing some of the Central Line and Jubilee Line :)

OK, Google maps is no way near up-to-date.. neither is bing maps.. is there any other sites that do this kind of stuff?

Cheers,
Snake

OK I'm now having a problem while in game and building my route.. It takes extremely long to load a object or a track I'm laying out. For it to actually load I have to move away from the object then move all the way back for it to even show. Is this a graphics problem or a Trainz problem? It has only just started doing this and my computer is a pretty good one... (well was... lol)

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.50GHz
GPU: GeForce 8600GT 256MB
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM (should be 4GB but I'm using 2GB for another computer...)

Also I kinda scrapped the London Overground project and I'm making a route which is based on real name stations but my own style... there will be also Underground as well.

Cheers,
Snake

OK I'm now having a problem while in game and building my route.. It takes extremely long to load a object or a track I'm laying out. For it to actually load I have to move away from the object then move all the way back for it to even show. Is this a graphics problem or a Trainz problem? It has only just started doing this and my computer is a pretty good one... (well was... lol)

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.50GHz
GPU: GeForce 8600GT 256MB
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM (should be 4GB but I'm using 2GB for another computer...)

Also I kinda scrapped the London Overground project and I'm making a route which is based on real name stations but my own style... there will be also Underground as well.

Cheers,
Snake

A few ideas come to mind, firstly, how many textures?
Secondly, how long is the object? Splines are the object repeated x amount of times (so if the base object is 1m long, the object gets repeated upto 720 times a baseboard or more. This can be a pretty significant performance hit, if your object has 70 polys a 1m section...
70x720x1.5 (assuming 1500m view distance... hmmm.)

Plus the performance stats of 200polys per material (roughly) and add the textures which don't quote me on that, but I believe roughly the same.

And there might be your answer. Apart from that, it may also be showing in red (as faulty). Does it show up red in Trainz or Faulty in CMP?

Is it OK if I have a copy of the compiled asset? You'll have to mail me via the forums with your email address, so I can exchange mine.

A few ideas come to mind, firstly, how many textures?
Secondly, how long is the object? Splines are the object repeated x amount of times (so if the base object is 1m long, the object gets repeated upto 720 times a baseboard or more. This can be a pretty significant performance hit, if your object has 70 polys a 1m section...
70x720x1.5 (assuming 1500m view distance... hmmm.)

Plus the performance stats of 200polys per material (roughly) and add the textures which don't quote me on that, but I believe roughly the same.

And there might be your answer. Apart from that, it may also be showing in red (as faulty). Does it show up red in Trainz or Faulty in CMP?

Is it OK if I have a copy of the compiled asset? You'll have to mail me via the forums with your email address, so I can exchange mine.

Hi sorry for the long long reply, been busy and my internet got cut off for a few weeks also.

I sorted out that problem now, I was using way too many 2m tracks. all the track i laid where 2m lol

-------------------------------------------

I'm making my own route, not a real one. It's the London Network with all real station names and some not real. It will have both the London Underground Network and London Overground Network :) I'll post some pictures once i get the depot sorted out :)

Cheers,
Snake

Hi sorry for the long long reply, been busy and my internet got cut off for a few weeks also.

Its happened to me before, so don't worry. Running a very long USB cable from my massive laptop to the window so I got a decent 3G reception (as I have my own 3G connection which got a good caning at that time.) was fun and meant I had to be very careful that I didn't trip over the wires.

I think I used 4 lengths of USB extension cables to sort that.

I sorted out that problem now, I was using way too many 2m tracks. all the track i laid where 2m lol

Now you are learning about the nice and sticky issue of poly counts. :) You may need to go lower in addition to what you have done already.

Hello guys

Hi folks,
Rember me as the one who built the 172? Well for your info WEN I have built the LO and London Midland ones and got them running on some of my routes. Superb roaring from the exhaust and run like beauties. So WEN I did touch Gmax and pulled it off. Can't be bothered to to put them on the DLS because my connection speed is so low. Anyway Snake, do you have a good London Underground route? I really want one!
Rehards
Uracco
P>S You keep bringing this thread back

Hi folks,
Anyway Snake, do you have a good London Underground route? I really want one!
Rehards
Uracco
It's well it's still only on 4 baseboards lol This route is going to have a lot of detail. like i said above it will be a mix route, LO and LU :) on the LU route the trains i've got running on it is the LU 1967 and the LU D Stock < Might do my own paint job on the D Stock, not too sure... but anyways sunday I might post pictures, if my girlfriend lets me on the computer.... :( lol
Cheers,
Snake

Its happened to me before, so don't worry. Running a very long USB cable from my massive laptop to the window so I got a decent 3G reception (as I have my own 3G connection which got a good caning at that time.) was fun and meant I had to be very careful that I didn't trip over the wires.

I think I used 4 lengths of USB extension cables to sort that.

Now you are learning about the nice and sticky issue of poly counts. :) You may need to go lower in addition to what you have done already.
This is the first time in ages so it didn't feel nice without Internet lol
Wow that is a lot of USB extensions! lol saying that, if you looked at my room you would see ables running all over the place. I'm still trying to sort out my network for the house (theres a lot of computers in the house, 1 for my brothers, 1 for my mum, 2 for me; PC and Lappy and another lappy for anywhen else in the family... lol) so yeah quite messy :)

WEN do you know any good depot for long EMUs? London Underground ones to be extact...

Cheers,
Snake

Hi folks,
Rember me as the one who built the 172? Well for your info WEN I have built the LO and London Midland ones and got them running on some of my routes. Superb roaring from the exhaust and run like beauties. So WEN I did touch Gmax and pulled it off. Can't be bothered to to put them on the DLS because my connection speed is so low. Anyway Snake, do you have a good London Underground route? I really want one!
Rehards
Uracco

Do you have a screenshot of your work? I'll be interested to see what you have produced and suggest improvements.

This is the first time in ages so it didn't feel nice without Internet lol
Wow that is a lot of USB extensions! lol saying that, if you looked at my room you would see ables running all over the place. I'm still trying to sort out my network for the house (theres a lot of computers in the house, 1 for my brothers, 1 for my mum, 2 for me; PC and Lappy and another lappy for anywhen else in the family... lol) so yeah quite messy :)

WEN do you know any good depot for long EMUs? London Underground ones to be extact...

Cheers,
Snake

Believe me, thats nothing compared to the amount of computers my dad and me have. Even my sister now has a desktop and a laptop. Some of it I do admit aren't required, while others are. I tend to have spares hanging around doing nothing and I am like "What do I do with this? Oh, build another computer out of it." and thats exactly what I did, including a tablet PC which I brought and came with a screen, motherboard and something else (All working) which I put together out of other spare parts brought off ebay, built 2 aspires, etc.

As for long depot, not really, there's the AC Modern Depot IIRC, which holds a 12 car train, Bloodnok made a spline version of the hornby kit depot, I can't remember the KUID off hand though, although there maybe others.

Believe me, thats nothing compared to the amount of computers my dad and me have. Even my sister now has a desktop and a laptop. Some of it I do admit aren't required, while others are. I tend to have spares hanging around doing nothing and I am like "What do I do with this? Oh, build another computer out of it." and thats exactly what I did, including a tablet PC which I brought and came with a screen, motherboard and something else (All working) which I put together out of other spare parts brought off ebay, built 2 aspires, etc.

As for long depot, not really, there's the AC Modern Depot IIRC, which holds a 12 car train, Bloodnok made a spline version of the hornby kit depot, I can't remember the KUID off hand though, although there maybe others.
I have a few parts but none work, don't have a clue why i still have them tbh... I'm setting up a home server for my house, as we all use computers as music players and movie players I thought to set up a server and store all files on there, plus set up a ftp on it so I can add my route plus bits n bobs that i add to Trainz and for other stuff...

And i think i have that hornby kit not too sure though thanks anyways :)

Cheers

Pictures

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen5.jpg

Last edited:
pfx,

I went about doing my own repaint on the 313, I'll upload a picture later. I think i done a pretty good job... lol

also i've done a lot more to the route i'm doing now... and i may try to upload part of it when time comes....

Cheers,
Snake

Back