Meon valley

Hi Tony, I'm sorry I have not been in contact before but I have been away from trainz for some time due to getting married I would be very interested to see any work you have done.

the project is still on going but I am not able to move my PC at the moment so Have had to put the project on hold for the moment

ttfn kester

Hi

I have just moved to the area and me and my friends found west meon tunnel ( the entrance with the blue door near the gated entrance) and have since found privett tunnel and privett station. I am interested in seeing ur finished article on trainz if any1 has a copy i can dwnload it and play it :) . I have just started using trainz 2009 and like it :)

Thanks Henry

Hi

I have just moved to the area and me and my friends found west meon tunnel ( the entrance with the blue door near the gated entrance) and have since found privett tunnel and privett station. I am interested in seeing ur finished article on trainz if any1 has a copy i can dwnload it and play it :) . I have just started using trainz 2009 and like it :)

Thanks Henry
hi Henry if you send me a Personal message with you email address I will send you a beta copy of the project. cand garantee it will work in trz2009 as it was built in trz2006 so some of the content may be missing.

regards kester

Hello,

I've just come across this project. I was a user of Trainz back in the days of the original version, but more recently I have just completed a university dissertation on the Meon Valley Railway. My project mainly focused on West Meon Station (or what's left of it) but in the course of my research I surveyed and photographed the entire length of the MVR, ending up with about 1,300 photographs and the 1893, 1906 and 1924 OS 1:2500 maps covering the early days of the line.

If your project is still on-going I'd be really grateful if you could send me a copy as I'd love to be able to explore a virtual MVR. Equally if you have any need for any of the old maps or photographs I'd happily pass them on.

Jack (another 'Meon Valley nut')

Hi i am new to this forum. I was searching for photos of Knowle signal box as i was a signalman there in the 1960s just before they closed the box . i have photos of Fareham east inside and out where i also worked and Fareham west. I may be able to help with some information if i can remember ? regards John

Hi John, I am new to this site and although i don't use Trainz, i am a rail fan, a Fareham railway history fan and i love the Meon valley railway history. I was wondering John, do you any pics of the Funtley tunnel deviation line? I am desparately searching for pics of Highlands road bridge circa early 70's just before line closure, the cutting upto the footbridge which was where the m27 now crosses the cutting and anything out to Knowle Junction - to be honest, anything really. Would be really great to get in touch. I can send my home email address if it doesn't show up here.
I love the idea that the Meon Valley railway has been put onto pc and it really tempts me to get into it :D.
If anyone else can help with my pics request, please don't hesitate.
Also, does anyone have pics of Hedge Corner, A32 other than what appeared in David fereday Glenn's book. This seems to be one part of the MVR that wasn't documented.
Thanks all,
Simon

Hi everyone,
Not sure I should be ressurecting this thread as I am new to this forum.
I am currently in the process of constructing an 00 layout of which a good part will represent the Meon Valley Railway from Wickham station to Mislingford goods yard.
I was born and raised in Hampshire, and spent most of my childhood in the Wickham area. We lived in Shirrell Heath. As boys we often walked to the line, going through the copse and up on to the tracks at the bridge over the River Meon. We would then walk the line , either to Wickham, or to Mislingford goods yard. This was in the 1960's. Although the line was no longer used, we actually saw a diesel loco and one coach heading from Droxford towards Wickham. To this day I don't know why it was there, but it almost ended up in the siding at Mislingford due to some naughty boys who changed the points, but stayed around long enough to hear the train coming, and just managed to change them back again before the train got there. It was moving quite slowly.
Well my question is , does anybody know which locos, and what was the makeup of trains on the Meon Valley Railway in the 1930's ? As this is the era that I am modelling.
I know that M7's with Pull Push were used after the war.
Many thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,
In one of David Fereday Glenn's books ( i have it but can't remember the name but i can find out if you need it), there is a pic of a green pre TOPS class 33 at Farringdon. I can't remember if this was after some of the line was lifted that far up so this train never made it down to Droxford OR whether this is what you saw ( or a similar working). I seem to think the track at the northern Butts junction end of the MVR was lifted fairly quickly after closure so maybe the diesel travelling up from the Knowle junction end ????? Would be interested to find out.
cheers,
Simon

ps, dear moderator, I sometimes get a bit over enthusiatic regarding MVR history esp when peole have knowledge/pics that aren't the usual ones found in the books. I do respect the fact that this is primarily a Trainz forum :D

Fareham East Pictures

Hi Everyone:

I just found this site as I was searching for pictures of the signal boxes in Fareham. As a boy growing up there in the 1960s and later working on the railway I spent many hours in both Fareham East and West. I was wondering if anyone might have pictures of these boxes?

Hi every one I am back working on this project again know trainz classics has dained to work again if anyone is still watching this thread please get in contact

Hi, I know its been two years since the last post, but i am very curious as how the project is going. I am very interested in creating anything within the confines of the 3rd Rail and more (Ramsgate to Padstow, anywhere between them) I am currently building the South East Network. :)

As the last post from the builder of this 23 mile (approx) route was nearly 3 years ago, think it's safe to assume the project is another fallen flag.

And in any event at this point anything built in Trainz Classics is going to be rather dated, especially going forward into TRS2019.

I await to be proved wrong though!

Back