street running

UP5521

Tidewater Western owner
I was wondering on what type of road should I use to simulate the street running operations for a steam railroad I'm about to start making and I'm not sure where to start,does anyone here have a idea on what to do,and thanks!:confused:

Last edited:
UP5521,

I'd use the YARN road systems by Maddy25, or the AASHTO road systems by GFisher, as they're probably the most prototypical roads currently avaliable for Trainz. I use them for my routes, and streetrunning aswell.

Take care,

Ryan:wave:

YARN is about 90% prototypical, as there are many parts of it that are different from the real world. I am working on a new version of YARN, which will make it fully prototypical (see the Freeware Anouncements section). I have not looked at GFisher's roads, but AASHTO is one of the groups that regulates the U. S. road designs. ;)

Regards.

Yarn is good. If you have traffic disabled on your route I suggest putting 2 of the yarn roads that have sidewalk on one side(side by side) to make it look like a four lane road with plenty of room for track in the middle.

hert:wave:

YARN is about 90% prototypical, as there are many parts of it that are different from the real world. I am working on a new version of YARN, which will make it fully prototypical (see the Freeware Anouncements section). I have not looked at GFisher's roads, but AASHTO is one of the groups that regulates the U. S. road designs. ;)

Regards.

freeware section were?

Back