Trainz Mesh Importer

Logman

Just d/l the file for TS2009/TS2010 and am not sure how to install, the readme does not provide install instructions.

All help appreciated
cheers
steve

Just d/l the file for TS2009/TS2010 and am not sure how to install, the readme does not provide install instructions.

All help appreciated
cheers
steve

If you're expecting a readme, you're probably not the intended audience of TrainzMeshImporter.

It does not magically import models from other simulators, it converts a publically documented XML format that auran made into a non-publically known .im file.

It is intended for people writing trainz exporters using a 3d program's SDK.

If however you are sure you have some use for it, then there isn't any installation, it is just a binary that goes wherever the program you're using needs it to go.

The main Trainz-related program I know that uses that tool (as far as I know) is PEV's PM2IM tool.

As stated above, it will only work if you have a tool that creates the expected .xml file (it's not any old xml file, it has to be in a specific format)

Shane

The main Trainz-related program I know that uses that tool (as far as I know) is PEV's PM2IM tool.

As stated above, it will only work if you have a tool that creates the expected .xml file (it's not any old xml file, it has to be in a specific format)

Shane

You are certainly correct, I am going to install the PM2IM tool, but it calls for the importer to work correctly. That is why I questioned how to install the importer.

There will already be a copy of TrainzMeshImporter that installs at the same time as PM2IM (into PM2IM's folder)

Shane

If it doesn't show up, I think there is a TXT file in the PM2IM folder showing where to put it.

The latest versions of my tools install TrainzMeshImporter automatically..

However, the TMI does require C++ runtime files that must be downloaded from Microsoft. The instructions and web address are in my progams' help system. I am not licensed to supply these files, so you must get them from MicroSoft. It would be much easier if Auran/N3V made the TMI completely stand-alone.

I have three published programs that require the TMI:
PM2IM, QuickShadows, and Attachment Maker.

My thanks to all that replied, your help was appreciated.

I have already installed the latest C++, now to install the PEV Tools and on to fixing warnings and errors.

cheers
steve

Back