Thomas the Tank Engine

TWilliam

Wikipedia said "many people have created... Thomas... for Trainz".

But SI3D links to "mediafire", which gets my copy of Norton Antivirus hyper-ventilated about being attacked, so I stopped.

I would be happy to pay for legal, licensed Thomas trains for Trainz 2010; I'm not just seeking freebies, though they're okay, too.

Where can I find all this Thomas the Tank Engine content?

I've already been on this over 30 minutes and seem to be going in circles, so I thought "maybe the forums..."

Thanks much.

Mediafire is just a file hosting site, its where they keep their CDPs

I can confirm that it is safe. If any file you download is not safe, then your vrius checker will tell you :)

He hosts some models on SendSpace and others on MediaFire, the MediaFire website frequently leads to a bunch of browser hijackers. I sent messages to the owners of all three websites, apparently they don't really care so it keeps coming back even after they claim to have fixed it.

Thanks for replies. Quick note: I'm an experienced IT professional, but Trainz 2010 is for my son. I ran Content Manager for the first time yesterday.

I downloaded without issue, and I saw how to download dependencies, but that only took Thomas from missing dependencies to 5 errors, 18 warnings.

I tried to add an "image" using the forum but it disappears when I preview or post. Here's the link: http://cid-c20756ac862e7234.office.live.com/self.aspx/Computer Issues/Thomas Engine errors.png

Thomas%20Engine%20errors.png

Last edited:
Same with Toby, but only one outright error:
Error: Texture '7.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'cab.im'.
We've had Trainz 2010 for a while and while it rarely / occasionally freezes up or crashes, overall it's been reliable.

It's at build 44088, which seems to be the most recent (at least the program no longer finds updates).

Hi there, I'm one of the staff at SI3D

First, which site did you go to? For the later trainz versions we released updated content at si3d2009.jimdo.com

also there is a link there to our forum where most wrinkles in the cdps have been ironed out.

as for your errors, the yellow ones arent going to stop the asset working, as long as your game is in "compatibility mode" which can be found in the main settings.

the red errors may well stop it working in game and its a relatively simple fix if you know what you're doing as its just deleting a few lines from the config file, which i expect were leftovers from a template config file that was used.

To make things easier however, I will be in touch with a fixed CDP to start you off and get your son using trainz.

Any future problems, please do refer to our forum, or indeed contact me personally on here whichever you're more comfortable with, we'll be more than happy to help :)

Regards

Sean

Media fire itself is safe. However, the better question would be: is the file safe? This is one of those times you just have to kinda go with your instincts because no one is going to be able to tell you a 100% truthful answer..
thomas

Media fire itself is safe. However, the better question would be: is the file safe? This is one of those times you just have to kinda go with your instincts because no one is going to be able to tell you a 100% truthful answer..
thomas

Mediafile is NOT as safe as you would have us believe. When having to use it I frequently get pop ups that relate to gambaling or far worse. Yes I am a mature adult but I have young impressionable people here who often want me to download something Thomas related. And I most strongly object to having unnecassary stuff thrown at me. Having said that Ive never had a problem with actual files I have downloaded - and many of the new things from S3D work without problems.

I would also take anything from a user who breaks the Code of Conduct by using advertising/spam links in their signature with a pinch of salt. Not only that, but they haven't registered any Trainz versions.

Shane

Hi there guys, I need some help. I have toby but it wont work, something about acs and stuff.It also says about submesh being empty.... It also affecting andi's LT loco's as well but, its only a few models :( Any help would be great thanks. :D

Back