changing driver cabs in a session

steviez

retired railwayman
I maybe being dumb here but is it possible to set a rule for the driver to change ends say at a station when the train reverses so the sequence would go like this
navigate to xxx unload driver change cabs load navigate to xxx
I cannot see what i want to achieve and dont want the driver to be sat in the rear cab when going forward, also is it possible to do the same at a trackmark say placed in a carriage siding or reversing spur ?

Thank you in advance

Ps im using trs2010

I maybe being dumb here but is it possible to set a rule for the driver to change ends say at a station when the train reverses so the sequence would go like this
navigate to xxx unload driver change cabs load navigate to xxx
I cannot see what i want to achieve and dont want the driver to be sat in the rear cab when going forward, also is it possible to do the same at a trackmark say placed in a carriage siding or reversing spur ?

Thank you in advance

Ps im using trs2010

Hi Stevie - I also noticed that the driver often is in the wrong cab when driving. I wondered if it was something I had done to my installation and never saw any other posts mentioning the problem.

To solve this I created a new driver command which combines several other commands into one. Such as "Stop Train" with a couple of build-in delay times; Reverse Train Direction; Reverse Loco ; Reverse loco and train; and some commands for managing another rule of mine called Directional Trigger rule.

The way the reverse part works is that on a loco such as a Class 50 or Class 37, there is little difference in the appearance when the loco is facing one way or another. The only noticable thing is when the logo on the side changes to the opposite end.
So the command just flips the loco around without changing it's direction and the driver sits at the front. There is a five second wait while he walks through.

It is sometimes handy (if not protypical) to be able to do an "instant turntable" job on a loco but I made it so that steam engines can not be flipped, as the tender would then be on the front of the loco.
There is no easy way to detect which locos have dual cabs so you need to apply the command with discression.

The command needs beta testing but I can send you a copy to test in the New Year if you are interested. I am tied up with Christmas visitors until then. Send me an e-mail or a PM if you are interested.

Merry Christmas - Trevor

Back