Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QGR 1889 SCL {Original Gold-Coast Railway}

Quote Originally Posted by trainz89 View Post
    If anyone has skills with Content-Creation, your services would be greatly needed to make some items for the QGR SCL; from Locomotives, Carriages, Station Items, Turntables and misc items. Your help would be invalueable

Regards
    Michael G
    Queensland Government Railways
    If quality does not matter, send plans/diagrams my way
    Cheers

Em

Lightbulb Look Out For Trains

Hello Everyone,

@Callum, awesome; expect to get a parcel via email with diagrams, photo's and everything else in between. I can not thank you enough.

I have covered the locomotives bit, I have been making the PB's that ran the SCL and some that were based at the 'Gabba and worked the line in some part of the 1950's. Here is Kiston of Leeds Built No.488, which was a regular PB rostered on passenger services.

A DEM version will be in the cards, and I am waiting on Jerker to give me the data. I will start from Southport to just sth of Helensvale, and if any one wishes to give me a hand with track laying sections from Beenleigh to Helensvale [where we will meet the North & South sections.] I would like someone to work on the Tweed Heads-Coolangatta to Pimpana the line will link across the Nerang River Bridge to the Southport section.

Please email/pm me if your interested.

Kindest Regards
    Michael Gitsham
    Queensland Commissioner For Railways
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgeddes96 View Post
    Content by Trainz89 & QHR Trainz

Exclamation By-Order Of The Commissioner

Callum, what your email address, please PM me; I have everything ready.

Regards
    Michael G.

A DEM route with correct landscape formation, including heights, of the steam era route Tweed Heads to the Logan River north of Bethania, including the Southport section, as well as the start of the Beaudesert line, is now available.

The route is called QLD_South_Coast10.cdp and is ready for downloading at the usual Victrainz storage site. It is correct landscape with streets and rail route marked. No rails or ground textures. Also included the present day electric train route to Varsity Lakes.

With many thanks to Jerker for his work!!

Cheers
    Peter C

Arrow Sunshine, Surf & Steam

Hey Everyone, just some update shots of the DEM South Coast.

The Old Beenleigh Alignment

With KIndest Regards
    Michael Gitsham
    QGR Commissioner-Trainz
    Last edited by trainz89; July 25th, 2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: adding extra picture

Wink South Coast Stories

Just finished, a near example of the former Logan River Bridge.

Lastly the Up Beenleigh Goods, behind Woolongabba Based Q.G.R PB15 #450.

Kindest Regards
    Michael Gitsham
    QGR Commissioner & QHR Director

Just finished, a near example of the former Logan River Bridge.

Lastly the Up Beenleigh Goods, behind Woolongabba Based Q.G.R PB15 #450.

Kindest Regards
    Michael Gitsham
    QGR Commissioner & QHR Director
    is it going on the DLS because it looks fantastic!

Location please?

Hey Everyone, just some update shots of the DEM South Coast.The Old Beenleigh Alignment

Michael Gitsham

Peter, That would be Edens Landing. On the old alignment which was replaced when the double track was put in the the 1980's. The line was much closer to the logan river then it is nowdays, hence the bridge.

Regards
    Michael Gitsham

Peter, That would be Edens Landing. On the old alignment which was replaced when the double track was put in the the 1980's. The line was much closer to the logan river then it is nowdays, hence the bridge. Regards Michael Gitsham
    Michael,

[edit; I rode trains along the old route to Beenleigh from South Brisbane when South Brisbane was the terminus so I know what was there and where it really did go....]

I suggest you see the real world location **from the pre double track era** via the online map mentioned below so you can see the route as it was back in the steam era so you can make adjustments to that route with the bridge that did not exist as shown by that screen shot.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.map-vn1867318 has the route from the 1930s which was the same till the mid 1980s when rebuilt for electrics and the Beenleigh station relocation. The Beenleigh / Yatala rail route as well as the Holmview section north of Beenleigh can be seen on the 1930 map on line at the National Library of Australia. This map covers the greater Brisbane district. Zoom down to the south east and you will see why I raised the question.

The railway engineers would have just built the line away from that river bank area and saved the huge cost of the bridge. Costs mattered and that bridge you added would have cost heaps $$$$$$$ so they would have planned the route to avoid it and did not build it in real life.

Cheers
    Peter
    Last edited by Petan; September 7th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Micheal, forgot to ask if your creation is meant to be freelance with enough of the real elements to make it seem correct or is it meant to be historically correct and factual?

If freelance than leave fake bridge in and enjoy the fun If the route is meant to be factual, just do what the real railways would have done and build the route completely over the land saving the cost of the bridge. A couple of mouse clicks and all fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Petan View Post
    Michael,

[edit; I rode trains along the old route to Beenleigh from South Brisbane when South Brisbane was the terminus so I know what was there and where it really did go....]

I suggest you see the real world location **from the pre double track era** via the online map mentioned below so you can see the route as it was back in the steam era so you can make adjustments to that route with the bridge that did not exist as shown by that screen shot.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.map-vn1867318 has the route from the 1930s which was the same till the mid 1980s when rebuilt for electrics and the Beenleigh station relocation. The Beenleigh / Yatala rail route as well as the Holmview section north of Beenleigh can be seen on the 1930 map on line at the National Library of Australia. This map covers the greater Brisbane district. Zoom down to the south east and you will see why I raised the question.

The railway engineers would have just built the line away from that river bank area and saved the huge cost of the bridge. Costs mattered and that bridge you added would have cost heaps $$$$$$$ so they would have planned the route to avoid it and did not build it in real life.

Cheers
    Peter

Arrow

Peter, I am just having fun building and playing with for now. I am loving spending my time, building and actaully running my PB15's.

But when it is all finished, I will go back and make it historically correct for the period and route. I have gone back a few days ago, and made things correct around beenleigh....

But just for now, I want to have as much fun I can get out building and playing around with it. I am living the dream

Regards
    Michael G

Mr Michael G,

I seem to have mislaid any pm's or e-mails. Can you please fire one out my way?
    If you have any diagrams and measurements for locos, as that is my specialty.
    Cheers

Em

Lightbulb

Master Callum

I will sent you a PM then an email with the diagrams.

I would require the assistance with finishing off my B15 Converted & B13 Projects which both require a locomotive drivers. Then maybe we can advance to other things.

Regards
    Michael G
    Mr Michael G,

I seem to have mislaid any pm's or e-mails. Can you please fire one out my way?
    If you have any diagrams and measurements for locos, as that is my specialty.

Trainz89
    As there were so many PB-15s i would love to see them fitted with changeable numbers, if they are fitted with destination boards i would love to see them with the ability to be changed as there was so many of them. Also a narrow gauge version would be good to see soon aswell.

ghosty

QDR Suburban Series Coming Soon.