"DOWNLOAD HELPER" ???

JAMEZ001

Rebuilding 'Outback Oz'
Where do I get this 'Download Helper' from?

Whenever I use the 'Download using Download Helper' option, instead of FTP, I get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error in the browser window.

Some help please?

Download Helper is not a download, as a matter-of-fact, it's what downloads addons for you. It's best you open up CMP before you click Download. FTP is the hard way to get an addon, and most users never use it. To open CMP (Content Manager Plus), you do it like this:

Click TRS2006 icon. Click Manage Content.

Note: This only works if you have TRS2006.

Last edited:
Moojgoo I think that answer was sillier than the question... Firstly you're assuming Jamez001 is using TRS2006 - he might not be. Secondly if he IS using it then the download helper link on the DLS should open CMP, in which case something is wrong and therefore the question isn't silly at all...

Jamez which version of TRS are you using?

JB

The Download Helper (or DLH as its known here) is a tool, where it downloads stuff for you from the Trainz's download station (or DLS as its known here) into the correct folders on your PC and does it so that it make the content 'ready-to-run' (i.e. load up Trainz and use it). In TRS2004 SP1 and previous versions of Trainz, you have to get this separatly from the main downloads section (not the DLS). For TRS2004 SP2 and upwards, the DLH came with the package.

If you already have this DLH or downloaded it, your next step is to register your Trainz package with Planet Auran and make sure all your info (user and pass) into the options of the DLH and check your firewall settings. Then if you think all is set up, try and download something simple like a texture or a building. If not all is going to plan, I suggest get in touch with Auran Helpdesk to see if they can help you.

If you cannot connect, its probably Auran is updating their site and DLS, so try and download at a different time.

I'm running; TRAINZ, Ver. 1.3 (Build 277).

I have registered my serial and all that too.

So, am I still able to use 'Download Helper'? :confused:

EDIT: I just did what you guys told me. But now I get this error:

???

Last edited:
I'm afeared you're out of luck.....you have the first version with sp3....the Download Helper is for UTC and 2004....:cool:

I have registered my serial and all that too.

So, am I still able to use 'Download Helper'? :confused:

EDIT: I just did what you guys told me. But now I get this error:

???

Download Helper does work for your version of Trainz. It only works on UTC and TRS2004. There is also this thread that talks about your version of Trainz and what program to use to download from the DLS.

HTH

Dave

You are quite welcome. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help you.

Dave

???

I can't understand why you are trying to use Ver. 1.3, when your post heading shows you also have TRS2004 & TRS2006 :confused:

Even though Auran no longer supports 2004 or 2006, the Download Helper still works as normal for both versions,.

i need help with this DLH thing, is it included with trainz classics 2.7 or do i have to download it sepreatly?

I've never heard of Trainz classics 2.7

There was Trainz classics 1,2 and 3 and I believe they all had content manager thus negating the need of download helper.

Now if you're using it with 2004 or UTC you would go into the download station website, and just click on the download helper link and it does the rest, it's not so much a program that one can download as it is an interface that communicates between your browser and the game.

:none:

:confused: it hapend to my trainz sim 2009 i was tryin to gets some amtrak and some military stuff but it sad mozilla firefox cannot open this file :(it did the same for internet explorer too so im wondering if i need to install my trs 2004 to use download helper or if i need to sepretle install it if one of you know how to do this or what i need to do tell me ;) that wold be grate thanks pece out

You don't need to use the Download Helper, you can use simple FTP, if you want to. Go to the DLS, log in and search for something you want. For the item you want, open the Download Page, instead of clicking the "Download (Helper)" link. Then there are two choices, on to download with the helper, or the other to use FTP.

If you use the FTP, you simply download the CPD file and save it on your hard disc. You can then install it into Trainz. The only real drawback is if you have something that has a lot of dependencies - you have to download them all separately. However, if you are using Trainz 1.3 then that functionality probably wasn't included, since I don't think it had Content Manager...

Good luck

Chris

Back