dls probs

tankbob

british steam fan
hi all

just got 2010 and was thinking get yourself a first class ticket while your on,now ive been trainzing for a while and dont normally have problems with the dls but for the last few weeks its been server full try later or the whole thing has been down now do i give them more of my hard earned or just stick to low speeds when it works,anyone else getting these problems.

cheers bob

Hi Bob,

Check out the top two threads in the Auran Announcements forum. They are having some issues with the servers.

William

seems to me that anyone without a first class ticket is going to get nothing on the dls over christmas the post from zec is saying its getting busy for the holidays dont know about aus but in the uk the holls dont start for a week yet i think this is just another way to get us all to buy first class tickets but i see people having probs with them as well come on auran or nv3 get this sorted before xmas or you will have a lot of unhappy customers.

bob

Hi Bob,

Check out the top two threads in the Auran Announcements forum. They are having some issues with the servers.

William

One of the issues you get with servers are companies not paying for them.
I don't recall these problems this time last year.
Methinks it's goodbye to the 'basic' server, if not now, later.
Rog

remember when you bought a new version of trains you got a first class ticket free for a short time,well just bought 2010 and you get a 20% discount instead now not a good move for long term customers if auran or nv3 or whoever is in charge now want to spoil what has gone before they are going the right way about it if the free server goes and it might in the current climate i dont think people will be able to afford to pay for the dls which will have knock on affect of people not staying with trainz.

bob

Hi Folks,

I am in the same situation as Bob. I too have not been able to download for the past 7 weeks. I have tried all the usual work arounds that appear on the the forum and, whilst they have worked in the past, they don't make any difference now. I have also tried at different times of the day with no result.

I like trainz a lot but I am getting frustrated with the current state of affairs. I may consider switching to something else if things don't improve.

Kind regards to all,

Ian

so judging by other posts even a first class ticket holder cant get on the dls come on auran lets have some answers please i was just about to purchase a ticket but buy or not to buy that is the question any feedback from ticket holders would be nice or even a straight answer from auran would help my choice wont hold my breath for auran though.

bob

with that solution you should work for auran lol.the lack of reply from auran is not unusual but in this case i think they had better start to take a bit of an interest in these threads and come up with answers not excuses.

bob

So are other TRS2006 FCT users able to download, as I am able to download, uninterupted.

Or is this a non-FCT problem ?

Both a non-FCT & FCT problem ?

Or is this a 09 or 10 problem ?

It must be that new fiber optic cable, (that goes right through cross section of the Earth), that connects Australia dirrectly to Pennsylvania:hehe:

Last edited:
So ar other TRS2006 FCT users able to download, as I am able to download, uninterupted.

Or is this a non-FCT problem ?

Both a non-FCT & FCT problem ?

Or is this a 09 or 10 problem ?

It must be that new fiber optic cable, (that goes right through cross section of the Earth), that connects Australia dirrectly to Pennsylvania:hehe:

09 and 10 are working as normal with an FCT here.

It is definetely a non-FCT issue.

I ran some diagnostic checks earlier using the network diagnostic tool in Content Manager 3.3 (TS2009 SP4) and the 'ftp dls' test failed with error code 3 (the 'ftp dls' test is the free server download test)

Shane

Back