Trainz re-install issues

hyper_kameo

I HAVE SPENT A WEEK NOW TRYING TO RE INSTALL TRAINZ ON A NEW HARD DRIVE

I PAID FOR 2010 AND INSTALLED THAT TO BRING MYSELF UP TO DATE WITH WHATS GOING ON.. AND SPENT 3 DAYS UPDATING PATCHES ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THERE WAS SO MANY ERRORS WITH FILES IN CONTENT MANAGER THAT IS WASN'T WORTH THE HASSLE TO FIND OR TRY SOLVE WHAT WAS MISSING FROM A LOT OF FILES

UN INSTALLED

TRYED TO DO 2009 AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MTHS AND SPENT ANOTHER 3 DAYS UPDATING PATCHES ONLY TO HAVE THE FINAL PATCH F$@! UP AND STOP AND FAILED

UN INSTALLED

THEN THOUGHT LETS START FROM 2006 AGAIN... INSTALLED THAT AND PATCH AND THEN CLASSIC 1,2,3 AND PATCH AND THEN 2009 AND PATCHES AND THEN PATCH 4 F*#!@ UP AGAIN AND STOP AND FAIL

"CANT ACCESS THIS" "CANT BACK UP OR COPY THAT"

I HAVE READ EVERYTHING ON THE FORUMS AS TO WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO TURN OFF AND CANCEL AND BLAH BLAH BLAH

I HAVE MORE THEN ENOUGH COMPUTER TO HOLD RUN STORE THIS GAME

I JUST WANT THE THING TO WORK!!!

SUCH A GOOD GAME AND SOOOOOOO MANY PROBLEMS SO MANY TIMES STOP CHANGING THE FILES TYPES WITH THE UPDATES

AND WHY IS IT THAT IT TAKES 15 SECS TO UN INSTALL THE GAME AND OVER A DAY AND MANY HRS TO ADD A PATCH .... THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!

MANY GAMES DON'T TAKE LONG TO UPDATE AS THIS DOES...

PIS SED OFF MY MONEY IS BEING WASTED ON SOMETHING I CANT PLAY!!!!
:n:

Sorry for the hassle
I would download the patch manually
check the anouecements as to where it is
and what ver you need
restart the PC before you begine

Good luck

As stated in my post... i am not new to trainz and am fully aware what versions i have... and every single patch and install files tc3 2009 2010 are on computer. 2006 and tc 1,2 are on disk from shop.

ive cleaned temp folder and restarted and everything here is a pic of the last failed attempt if someone has ideas

capturebpr.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It looks like you may have more serious problems - a possible hard-drive issue.

I would strongly advise that you run a disk check, then re-install Trainz (the re-install is necessary due to the patch failing during the actual patching part)

To run a disk check:

1.Go into (My) Computer.
2.Right-click your hard-drive, then click Properties.
3.Click Tools.
4.Click Check Now.
5.When the Check Disk window appears, tick both boxes, then click Start.
6.It will ask you to run the check disk on the next boot: click Yes (Windows XP) or Schedule Disk Check (Windows Vista/7), then restart your system. The disk check will take place during the restart.

If that does not fix it, consider defragmenting the hard drive.

Shane

As stated in my post... i am not new to trainz and am fully aware what versions i have... and every single patch and install files tc3 2009 2010 are on computer. 2006 and tc 1,2 are on disk from shop.

ive cleaned temp folder and restarted and everything here is a pic of the last failed attempt if someone has ideas

capturebpr.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks almost like a textbook case of not running the patch as Administrator. 'Program Files' and 'Program Files (x86)' are protected directories on Vista/7 and cannot be written to normally by programs. So the first thing that would happen would be a failure to create a backup file, just as you're seeing.

im the only one who uses the computer and i am the Administrator log in

next :)

already done the defragmenting hard drive during the week

next:)

im the only one who uses the computer and i am the Administrator log in

next :)

already done the defragmenting hard drive during the week

next:)

Being the administrator is not the same as 'run as administrator', Vista/7 protects those directories, even on a administrator account, you need to 'run as administrator' or install trainz to a different location outside of a protected directory structure, and before you blame Auran/N3V this is MS's doing.

Being the administrator is not the same as 'run as administrator', Vista/7 protects those directories, even on a administrator account, you need to 'run as administrator' or install trainz to a different location outside of a protected directory structure, and before you blame Auran/N3V this is MS's doing.

as i am not 12 and fully understand that statement thanks for the info... but it still wont work :D

Might be worth reading my post above, as that sounds like a possible hard-drive problem to me (especially if it is single files causing the problem, as a permissions issue would have had an issue with 1.ja or even one of the earlier patched files like contentmanager.exe)

Shane

Back