DLS trouble (AGAIN)

sawyer811

MKT Forever and always
okay, so this has been happening to me all day.
I'm in the middle of a building craze, and am trying to get items off the DLS that i need for this route. so i opened up CM2 to download something, but every time i tried, it gave that annoying "the download server appears to be full" message. okay, so i'll just wait and come back. i worked on another area of the layout for a while, came back, and...zilch. zip, zero, nada. CM2 still gave me the "Server Full" message. so i went in to the DLS to try and download the object i needed through the FTP server (which i have to do if i want something directly off the DLS anyway because it stopped allowing me to use the "download" button months ago). It's annoying, yes, but i've learned to live with it. Problem was, the Server kept locking me out and telling me i had to input my username and password. did it three times, finally made it work. But when i tried to go back for another object i needed (i figured i might as well get it while i was there) it locked me out entirely, saying "download link unavailable" on the download page. now i'm locked out of both, and that was hours ago.

Here's where this story gets irritating. the Download Helper finally started working after hours of waiting and i downloaded what i needed. then when the download stopped, i added a couple more things to it. guess what happened next; yup, you guessed it, "Download Server Full." So it was back to the DLS and the FTP server, but, wouldn't ya know, the password/username thing came up and this time i couldn't clear it. So once again i'm locked out of both ways to download.

Is there something wrong with the DLS today, or is this whole escapade just major SNAFU on my part? I only run TS2009 but my old serial number for TRS2006 is still registered. I highly doubt that contributes any, but with the cutoff of all support for versions older than TC1, i'm just covering my bases. Also, i don't have an FCT, which i think contributes more to this chaos. as i said earlier i've been locked out of using the direct "download" button on the DLS since July, and this problem has slowly been getting worse since then. I've gotten "download unavailable" messages in the download page, but they usually clear in a minute or two. now that time is increasing. Now it seems the DLS is locking me out entirely. I'm at my wits end with this, and still have no idea what's gone wrong. Does anybody have any ideas? :confused:

I fear it may be a problem your end, I have just downloaded 18 mb without any problems. Despite your impression, an FCT does work to give you faster downloads and more reliable connections.

Peter

yes, i know an FCT does help, i just never had the money for one before. I've got a voucher for a lifetime one, so i'm probably going to get it. As for the DLS, i'll got back in a while and see if it's still doing this annoying circus.

EDIT: okay, still plugged up worse than a oil-burner on Diesel Fuel. It's got to be something on my end cause it just worked last night. But i'm stumped as to what it is. the only thing i did that i don't normally do it i tried to patch the game to SP3 but got a "You need DirectX9 for this" (or words to that effect) message. But i did that after all this started, though, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it, right?

Last edited:
I've had this problem all day. Downloaded stuff yesterday with no problems. And now today, I get the "server full" message. Nothing has changed on my end and Trainz still runs fine, therefore it has to be Auran's fault (they're usually to blame anyway!)

Last edited:
No problems up here. I've just got done downloading a load of stuff.

Check that your username and password are the same as that used to login to Planet Auran and into the forum here. This is the biggest culprit when it comes to DLS problems.

If you have trouble one day, but could connect another, this could be something to do with a busy network. There are certain days and times that are better than others for connecting. I find that weekends are the worst, although today was an exception. This doesn't necessarily have to do with the DLS server per se, but your ISP service in general. When there are a lot of people online, this can affect your connection as well. This is a particular problem with broadband (like Comcast) because everyone shares in your local area shares the same connection on the pole. If someone in your area is really overloading the bandwidth, by download huge movies for example, this can cause your connection to time-out when trying to connect to the DLS.

John

I seem to be having a similar problem I get the server appears to be full message and when theat does not appear, the downloads do not begin at all. I have been trying to update about 60 some assets over the past 2 days but the downloads will not start.

oh thank god i'm not insane. okay, my username and password are synced 'cause i just checked that, so that's not it. Is roadrunner a broadband thingy too? I had grand visions of digging up all the missing dependencies for my rolling stock, objects, etc. this weekend (something i've been putting off but badly need to do) It might just be a bad day. I'll check back tomorrow and post if it works of not. most likely its just a bad internet day.

singing off for the night

Your definitely not going insane...
I've also been having those exact problems for the last couple of days, and as far as i can see i haven't changed anything since my last successful download, if anyone has any answers it would be much appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact we all have 09 does it??

Cheers

I'm getting the "Server is full" message too.

I acknowledge that it would take a lot of tie and effort (& money too?) to keep the DLS running, but why does it constantly crash and is unstable?
It shouldn't be that difficult (speaking from the perspective of a 14 year old who has very limited knowledge on computers and databases).

I am also experiencing the same problem with DLS but I'm getting a different message. Download Link Not Available. This often heppens at weekends..

I have had the "server full" problem since Friday. I have not altered anything in CM so the cause would seem to be external. I wonder if the Wikilinks denial of service attacks is having anything to do with it. Certainly this is the first time I have had this message for a very long time. We will see what Monday brings.

I don't have this problem yet. Why not contact the Auran Helpdesk? If that doesn't help, dunno what does.

I too since Friday. Do not have an FCT. Have gone through the ID/PW business.

Submitted a ticket and will probably receive: "You do not have a FCT"...

I've submitted tickets in the past, get the email response, "We're looking into it; here's your tivket number..." etc., then never hean anything again, even in response to inquiries. I've given up. I think I'll wait for Open Rails. Trainz just isn't fun any more.

I have had the "server full" problem since Friday. I have not altered anything in CM so the cause would seem to be external. I wonder if the Wikilinks denial of service attacks is having anything to do with it. Certainly this is the first time I have had this message for a very long time. We will see what Monday brings.

I've had this since late Thursday and Early Friday. Defently something external.
I'm also not able to download from the DLS when using a web browser rather than the content manager. I've found no way around it

According to another thread on these forums, the company hosting the DLS itself (which is not Auran/N3V, but a company in America) has been recently taken over, which may explain the reliability issues.

Shane

I've had this since late Thursday and Early Friday. Defently something external.
I'm also not able to download from the DLS when using a web browser rather than the content manager. I've found no way around it

that's exactly what's still happening to me. STILL locked out, despite all my efforts. i'll see what the week brings. honestly, this is somewhat depressing. :(

Back