Page 463 of 514 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 7699

Thread: Show off your reskins!

Blog Entries

I always understood that it was only you that had the power to decide to host these models on your site. Bugs aside, I don't think you would need to account for much permission; Bdaneal's license for his newer stuff allows you to freely modify the models and redistribute for free on line. Still, it's all up to you on the fate of the P2. I can't control your decisions, instead influence, inspire, and /or encourage.

I'm confident, that you yourself won't regret the possibility of you uploading the P2 on your site when you're finally happy and satisfied with the work you've done to make it possible. Ever since you first asked for help with the cylinder exhaust bug on the P2, I've supported and respected your interests. Reviewing Bdaneal's license, there is nothing stopping you from uploading the P2 permission wise.

I am also a reskinner that publishes work I'm happy with, as long it the license says the original asset is open-source. I never regretted uploading my work to the DLS that is based on free material, and people highly appreciated what I contributed. I have a few caboose reskins on the DLS, and downloaders were happy to use my content on their routes and sessions. I'm thankful for the constructive feedback they give, and makes me feel proud.4

You've also mentioned that you haven't found any other bugs that would prevent the P2 from running normally or ruin the experience, so that's another plus.

You based your P2 on work that is open-source; it can freely be modified and uploaded without asking for permission first, but anyway, it is always to credit the original authors. Making sure that the model is polished is also important, and I can see that you worked hard to make sure that running the P2 is a smooth experience, as best as it can be. Just ask yourself what other things you should consider when in the case you elect to upload it; documentation, hosting the file, publicity, etc. Take this advice into mind and maybe you can make something good out of your hard work that you invested much time, effort and other resources that will make your projects into a smooth and finely polished experience you and everyone else who potentially installs it on their copy of Trainz can enjoy free of the worries and stress of errors and bugs that come up running the model.

Still, it's all up to you. At the very least I'm happy to help.
    Last edited by shebashetan7; May 31st, 2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Checked Bdaneal's license for the ATSF 3160.

Blog Entries

Are you still there?

Blog Entries

-crickets-

Blog Entries

What do you mean?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post
    Are you still there?
    Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post
    What do you mean?
    One: He wont respond immediatly

Two: Double post much?

Three: Idk
    Biggest Milw Foamer on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by Trainz_12_fan_100 View Post
    One: He wont respond immediatly

Two: Double post much?

Three: Idk
    Hahahaha, just saw this now. You pretty much answered it.

Blog Entries

I think I'll take a break from the topic of your P2. I'll still look forward to running it on my own layouts someday, but you probably have better ideas for the project than me.
    For the G5, that's something I can better look up to. You work has excellent attention-to-detail, Brian.
    Last edited by shebashetan7; June 1st, 2018 at 11:50 AM.

United States of America, California, Daggett

I saw a while back magicland did some ATSF Pullman cars, a heavyweight coach and PB70 combine, so I decided to complete the roster by reskinning a baggage/mail car and observation car to complete the set.

Also added some variants of the observation car with different drumheads for different express trains. I got drumheads for the 'Chief', 'California Limited', 'Grand Canyon Limited', 'San Diegan', and the 'Scout.'

Due to the lighting in Trainz, they appear a bit off. Maybe they would appear better on other monitors...

Anyway, if I ever get permission from magicland (if he's still around) to release these cars, I'll also be including configured trains to go along with them on the Download Station so you guys could enjoy the full experience of Santa Fe's premier passenger trains in Trainz at long last. Hope y'all like!

Nic

Started off as a CR Depressed Flatcar by socalwb909 and with a little effort turned it into QTTX.
    socalwb909 has given permission to upload to DLS.

Last edited by btvfd; June 3rd, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Owner and operator of the Twin Peaks Timber Company
    If you don’t support logging, then try using plastic toilet paper 😆

Quote Originally Posted by jonwray View Post
    Here's one I made about a week ago. UP ex-CNW patched Dash-9. Made it by copying the arn.im from the fully repainted version to a clone of the CNW unit, as well as the numbering digits, then just stuck yellow patches on. Came out pretty well. The second unit is the only one that has not been reskinned by me. Units 3, 4, and 5 belong to a fictional railroad I created based on another video game, with the reporting mark DMR. Yes, the 4th unit is a patch-over and renumbering of NS 1072.
    Which UP Dash 9 was it cloned from? There are several after all

Blog Entries

CSX YN2 on the HP GP38-2, made to look new-ish. I'm not allowed to say for sure yet, but this may or may not be coming to NARM in the near or distant future...

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

Blog Entries

Sorry to double post. To go along with the CSX GP38-2 in my previous post, I also whipped up Conrail and CSX ex-CR skins.

I may go back and darken the blue a little , but here they are.

Matt
    16 GB DDR4 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    CSX YN2 on the HP GP38-2, made to look new-ish. I'm not allowed to say for sure yet, but this may or may not be coming to NARM in the near or distant future...

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Matt
    Good to see the Waffle House in the background there. Does it have its own siding and industry?
    Speak the truth, follow right conduct; all else will fall into place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saieditor View Post
    Good to see the Waffle House in the background there. Does it have its own siding and industry?
    Of course! With the tracks in a trench, how else would train crews get up there to eat?

Matt
    16 GB DDR4 RAM

ACL 2-10-0 #8003. Based off of Bachmann Spectrum's version but more detailed. It doesn't look perfect in the picture but I like it. How about you?

Bachmann's Version: