Show off your reskins!

2020-02-02_092254.jpg

Putting the new RPO in action. It's a very nice addition.

Are there also plans for some Canadian National heavyweights?

Last edited:
re posts #7759 Rail4Pete & #7760 shebashetan7

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. At the moment I have a new computer and have gone from windows7 to windows10.
Having spent all of Saturday getting the internet to work and finding that windows10 is from another planet, namely the planet "Vile",
it might be some time before I'm up and running, I still have to install Tane and Trainz12 on this computer. The first thing to get on this computer was the Trainz Forum to help with my sanity!
Rest assured I will get round to CPR and CN various versions.
BTW, nice screenshot shebashetan7, you can set the running number of the coach manually. It was a choice of auto running numbers or marker lights due to my limitations of scripting, I chose marker lights.

Cheers, evilcrow

Re Post #7762 ...Oh...having a new rig have also it's cons unfortunately ...reinstalling everything and ...spending money LOL. I would like to know the spec of your new rig....when you get time !

Re Post #7760 Nice shot Shebashetan7 I don't remind having seen this loco before . May I ask you where it comes from ? Or is it a reskin of K&L's model ?

Rail4Pete

Last edited:
Re Post #7760 Nice shot Shebashetan7 I don't remind having seen this loco before . May I ask you where it comes from ? Or is it a reskin of K&L's model ?

It appears to be a modified version of K&L's unstreamlined CP Selkirk with a 4-wheel pilot truck and 8 drivers instead of 10 to replicate CP's two 4-8-4s. As to where the pilot and drivers came from, i can't say, since i don't believe they came from any K&L locos.

It's not every day you get to compare your skills from a year ago with what you've practiced through today

2020-02-05-030942.jpg

2020-02-05-031309.jpg

2020-02-05-031246.jpg

2020-02-05-031319.jpg

Southern Pacific no. 2248 was one of the first steamers I rode behind. I hope some day the folks in DFW can get her running again...

This is amazing! Is there any chance we’ll see this on your website?

Santa Fe11, unfortunately this is a K&LTrainz kitbash, therefore I can't release it. I wish I could though!

What did you use for the Arcade station buildings and what locomotive did you use for #14?

RWK, I built the Arcade buildings myself, including the engine house, Main Street station, Arcade fire hall, Curriers depot, Curriers pavilion, wooden stairs for the cab tours, and the Java Center depot (now part of a Ford dealership). The engine is K&L's CN G-16-a, heavily kitbashed with pieces I created to complete 14's look.

Sorry everyone about the late responses!My laptop was OOC for about two months so I didn't do anything for TANE. It's nice to be back...

Did you make the grapevine route as well? It looks pretty good from the shots you took there.

Sort of, I took pieces of a few routes and pieced them together. If I'm building a route I usually condense it model railroad style, I don't have the attention span to run a route for 2 hours :hehe: I still have a ton of work to do on it but the Grapevine part and Fort Worth Stockyards part are pretty much done. I even have a cattle drive that goes down the street at 11:30 at the stockyards!

A reskin of a DR Class 52 2-10-0. This is #52 5992, and I made it a cleaner version of CJ187's class 52. This'll get released as soon as I get permission from him.
j2QzRhs.png

EDIT: CJ187 has given me permission to release this. It should be on the DLS by Saturday.

Last edited:
A reskin in a near-literal sense. This idea came to me late last night, and I couldn't sleep until it was finished. I'm tired.

So what I did here, was take the textures from the JointedRail ATSF C30-7, and modify them for the CSX B30-7 model. End result was a Santa Fe B23-7... sorta. It's kinda held together with duct tape here but it will work until a proper B23-7 surfaces.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Railway Series Style Reskins (RWS)

McY7wjLg
McY7wjLg
trainz-2020-02-14-11-53-52-36.png

Jinty, Duchess 0f Hamilton & Big City Engine
trainz-2020-02-14-11-59-19-18.png

BCE at Knapford
trainz-2020-02-14-13-14-31-59.png

Duchess at Charlsback

Last edited:
Random stuff.

I dabble in other areas besides autoracks.

First, I've skinned some 80s era 45ft trailers as well as the RRmods 50ft TOFC flatcar backdated to the interim Claytor/NS Merger era brown.

Then I've skinned Dave Snow's 86ft box into various railroads with the first being the Southern in four different schemes. (1970s SOU, two different Claytor era schemes and NS with SOU reporting marks.)

The next four are cars commonly found on autoparts trains of the period. CPAA was the reporting mark used by Canadian Pacific used for American built rolling stock beginning in 1966. CNA was Canadian National's idea of the same thing, used for newly built cars and various former Grand Trunk Western cars assigned to the CN in the 1970s and 80s. The D&TS boxcar represents the first group of 86ft boxcars built by Thrall. Finally the GTW box represents a group built in December 1969-1970 which a number from this group lost their GTW markings and gained CNA markings.

Railway Series Reskin Collection

Hi all, i'm back with some more RWS reskins;
trainz-2020-02-22-13-35-14-38.png
Jinty-RWS.png

Jinty retextured
trainz-2020-02-22-13-37-02-35.png

Henry
trainz-2020-02-22-13-35-50-35.png