Show off your reskins!

WVRR ex-D&RGW coaches, newly painted per the early 1980s, shortly after their sale:
B4E5A77C7FA886AB64041D919FF6DDDB7FA0DCC3

As the engine creeps off the wye at Millers Jct., we get a closer view of the rather gaudy "historical" scheme dreamed up by Gold Center, based roughly on a Woodruff pattern but with absolutely zero basis in reality:
BF9FBA1BEE4C094997F4D8C89EB9DF680726979A

The skin took me about an hour and a half, tops. The lining is all vector artwork by Andrew Brandon, the corner pieces are from a Baldwin locomotive headlamp, the ornaments between the windows are from a sand dome arabesque, the letterboard lining is from the Virginia & Truckee pattern, the two vertical silver ornaments are cylinder patterns, and the three horizontal ones are from a clerestory stained-glass pattern. All I did was put them all together and find a rich custom red that looks roughly like what you might expect to see in the mid-late 80s. I may go back and revise one thing; Gold Center most probably would have taken the metal plates off from above the windows, so that these felt less like 2nd class coaches and more like the Silver Palace sleeper they're based on...

The skin took me about an hour and a half, tops. The lining is all vector artwork by Andrew Brandon, the corner pieces are from a Baldwin locomotive headlamp, the ornaments between the windows are from a sand dome arabesque, the letterboard lining is from the Virginia & Truckee pattern, the two vertical silver ornaments are cylinder patterns, and the three horizontal ones are from a clerestory stained-glass pattern. All I did was put them all together and find a rich custom red that looks roughly like what you might expect to see in the mid-late 80s. I may go back and revise one thing; Gold Center most probably would have taken the metal plates off from above the windows, so that these felt less like 2nd class coaches and more like the Silver Palace sleeper they're based on...

Looks almost exactly like my Guady Paint Hollywood Boonton Coach Paint. Rich maroon with plenty of gold detailing, added to turn D&LW Boonton Coaches into SD&A (pre-SP) style “Western Cars”. They look very nice. A classic era of railroading, the 1970s and 1980s, Old Timey, Paint it red with plenty of detailing to look “historic”. You even captured the panelled out leaded glass toplight transom windows, a staple of 1910s and 1920s Cars modernised in the 1940s. Looks perfect. You can a,ways tell by the low height windows.

Saturnr

Well, I can't take credit for the paneled out windows, that's how they came from the D&RGW. Gold Center just gave them a repaint and some interior re-finishing when they came. I've yet to do any custom designs for the WVRR in terms of passenger stock, but I've a few plotted out by now. I'm also determining which sleepers aren't taken at the Divestiture so I know where they're coming from between 1947 and 49...it's these little details that bring a fictional to life.
(For anyone wondering, the WVRR operates a pretty strong rolling stock leasing service, which is why it bought these and many other D&RGW cars when they started selling off their fleet in the 1980s)

This is a quick reskin I made in 30 minutes, this is my first try:

A Class 315 of the Overground ( the real model is a 313 ) waiting its depart at London Bridge ( why not haha )

Yo. Finally managed to edit the Milwaukee Road's F7 Hudson in TS2009. Decided to make something a little special for my Deviantart account!
a_special_shout_out_to_the_cnw_s___400___by_bartokassualtdude94-dbtz50l.jpg

The E-4 Hudson stand-in shall be coming to the DLS very soon!

Bonjour Cmoehrle

"Ou" et chez "Qui" peu't'on trouver des locomotives ,des wagons et des maps en Ogauge.

Amicalement?

André
Bonjour Andrew. La locomotive d'origine est appelée "MR F7 100". Mais je ne me souviens pas précisément du nom du moteur car je n'ai pas joué à Trainz depuis un moment. Et il peut être trouvé sur la Download Station. Si vous ne savez pas ce que c'est, je peux vous y diriger.

EDIT: For those who do not know what google translate is, here is what Andrew said and what me and trainman7616 said

ECLISSE18: Or" and "Who" can find locomotives, wagons and maps in Ogauge.

Sincerely?

Andrew

trainman7616: Any car or engine will work. This is the trump card thata different.

Me: Hello Andrew. The original locomotive is called "MR F7 100". But I do not remember exactly the name of the engine because I have not played Trainz for a while. And it can be found on the Download Station. If you do not know what it is, I can direct you there.

Last edited:
The X996 ( Alsthom CC 21003 based ) currently in test by Amtrak in 1977 on the Northeast Corridor somewhere between New York City & Washington D.C.

This is a reskin I've made and althought I can't have access to the mesh files I can't change the typical buffers and chain coupler by the one used in the U.S. the AAR knuckle. The reskin is based on an Alsthom CC 6500 ( the real trial X996 was based on the CC 21003 from Alsthom too )

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

one of several G-26a Class 2-8-0 Consolidations, the 1432 appears fresh out of the paint shop , like the 2-10-2, has the Southern look.

Back