Show off your reskins!

1708191810490095.jpg

Not the best thing Ive ever reskined. But I like it :D

Wait, he has a G2?

No, I made a quick modification and combined elements of the CN 4-6-2, CN 2-8-2 and CP Selkirks to make a "sort of, kind of, mehhhh" version of a G2 as a private commission for someone. It's not something I really plan to make publicly available since it's not an authentic model, just a mod. I do have a commissioned lined up to make a 2816 eventually.

No, I made a quick modification and combined elements of the CN 4-6-2, CN 2-8-2 and CP Selkirks to make a "sort of, kind of, mehhhh" version of a G2 as a private commission for someone. It's not something I really plan to make publicly available since it's not an authentic model, just a mod. I do have a commissioned lined up to make a 2816 eventually.
Ok then, I guessed it was a private model since I didn't see it in the Canadian Pacific section on your site, but hey, I wouldn't mind adding a 2816 to my collection

Brandon, the re-skin template for the RS-18u can be found at The Erecting Hall, careful though as the file is in .psd format, and you need either Photo Shop or a plug-in to be able to use it ;)

So... guys, I went and finally applied more direct weathering to the model (and actually did some myself lol)

...And on the subject of re-skins

Not the greatest, but a rather cheap patching job... it will remain in my private collection :)

Also, I am very interested in making some re-skins for the CBVR as well, looks very nice.

So Steve, I wanna turn your N&W Class A into a 2-6-6-2, for a custom railroad I have, but I want to put the NKP front instead of the smooth looking coupler on the front. What would I set the attachment point so that it perfectly lines up? I also wanna add smoke deflectors. I need some help cause I am slowly getting into kitbashing.

So Steve, I wanna turn your N&W Class A into a 2-6-6-2, for a custom railroad I have, but I want to put the NKP front instead of the smooth looking coupler on the front. What would I set the attachment point so that it perfectly lines up? I also wanna add smoke deflectors. I need some help cause I am slowly getting into kitbashing.

You may want to ask Steve directly, or open a thread about it.

re post #5915 TrainzPlayer14

No problem with you using the TGA, please use to best advantage.
Glad that someone uses it and look forward to seeing it applied to what ever.

Cheers evilcrow

re post #5915 TrainzPlayer14

No problem with you using the TGA, please use to best advantage.
Glad that someone uses it and look forward to seeing it applied to what ever.

Cheers evilcrow

Thank you! I like the texture, very good for all -around weathering, and was perfect for this specific re-skin as it helped "tone down" those bright colors to make it look more like an engine that's seen quite a few years of service - something very characteristic of the P&B. Thanks for sharing, evilcrow!

Hey again!

Thanks for the compliment, Vinnie! Thanks to evilcrow's dust/dirt/grime texture it really helps tone down those colors, combined with felix_g's excellent re-skin template and it'll make anything look pretty decent.

Here's some more to freak you out :hehe:

Just some weathering. My intention is to make at least two of these engines in this scheme, perhaps in different styles, one for example, in the standard P&B scheme that is seen on their Geeps, and second one, in the scheme MeowRailroad initially suggested, with orange text above the black portion bottom line. The only problem I have right now is I don't know who designed the P&B scheme or the logos, fonts and numerals, I've been meaning to ask Joe but I think he is traveling right now, hopefully once he returns I can ask him and he could send me some samples so I can finish the model. If anyone knows who designed the P&B logos/fonts etc. please let me know.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Some news:

Now, last night Southern1581 sent me some fonts and samples so now I am working on some CBVR RS-18u's. Right now I'm doing #17. It's a pretty nice livery:

Back