Show off your reskins!

Mopac MW truck modern fleet fictional
79270576_10206926923128970_362902497171341312_o.jpg

78474737_10206926922648958_4260893804317376512_o.jpg

79370278_10206926922768961_3849946763590893568_o.jpg

79762398_10206926923448978_66164009849585664_o.jpg

Last edited:
Pennsylvania Northeastern Ex-CN SD40-2Ws 5342 and 5315 (5315 in Fictional Matching Livery)
Railworks3985-20191208-0001.jpg

Oh snap! Had 5342 on my list to do... you've hit the nail on the head with it though! I did 5315 in it's actual (rather sad looking) state. 8212 is not my work.... Both seen here on my in-progress Warminster-Ivyland route.

Last edited:
Pennsylvania Northeastern Ex-CN SD40-2Ws 5342 and 5315 (5315 in Fictional Matching Livery)
Railworks3985-20191208-0001.jpg

NS Crescent Cab Equipped C40-8.5W #8500
Railworks3985-20191208-0008.jpg

NS Emissions Test Bed C40-8.5W #8503 (As seen in 2015 with NS center hood)
Railworks3985-20191208-0010.jpg

How did you make the dash 8.5s? by kitbashing because i wanted to know how but dont :/

Time to show off some rack reskins I've been tinkering with in my spare time.

Cotton Belt bi-level with brown panels, many of these ended up like this as they were exposed to the elements.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

CNA bi-level with black panels. This is just one of three variants I've noticed with one reference photo even carrying the GTW logo on the placard.

Florida East Coast bi-level with yellowish-orange panels. FEC had many partially enclosed racks with white, steel, or yellow paneling with different coloring.

Now for some tri-levels. First up is a former Rock Island car with patching done by GTW after these cars were bought after the shutdown.

A Southern tri-level with post-merger touchups. White panels that match the placard and shortened reporting marks.

Finally, a Norfolk & Western rack in the second variation of the Claytor paint with the road name stacked on a single placard as a interim before the NS logo was widely applied to freight cars.

Time to show off some rack reskins I've been tinkering with in my spare time.

Cotton Belt bi-level with brown panels, many of these ended up like this as they were exposed to the elements.

CNA bi-level with black panels. This is just one of three variants I've noticed with one reference photo even carrying the GTW logo on the placard.

Florida East Coast bi-level with yellowish-orange panels. FEC had many partially enclosed racks with white, steel, or yellow paneling with different coloring.

Now for some tri-levels. First up is a former Rock Island car with patching done by GTW after these cars were bought after the shutdown.

A Southern tri-level with post-merger touchups. White panels that match the placard and shortened reporting marks.

Finally, a Norfolk & Western rack in the second variation of the Claytor paint with the road name stacked on a single placard as a interim before the NS logo was widely applied to freight cars.
amazing. I saw you have more skins you did like a BN ex. SLSF enclosed autorack.

I imagine you uploading those to the DLS and making more autoracks like those W&K safety pak autoracks from the 70's like from UP, CRR, ATSF, SSW, and CPAA, a C&EI buzzsaw enclosed autorack, a Conrail enclosed autorack with a yellow TTGX flat since Majekear's has a brown flat, a Conrail enclosed autorack with a Trailer Train flatcar, a yellow CP Rail enclosed autorack, a CN RAIL enclosed autorack, those aforementioned FEC and CN partially enclosed autorack variants, Conrail partially enclosed autoracks, GTW enclosed autoracks with a small noodle logo on the ends in both blue and yellow, etc.

have you done alot of research on autoracks?

@john2002

I have done a lot of research on racks, been kind of a personal mission to learn as much about them over the past two and a half years. It turns out there are a lot more variants out there that haven't been made and the main issue is because there isn't a ton of information out there about them much less photos or diagrams. I could count at least 2 dozen variations as the flatcars and rack designs were changed around from the 1960s to the early 1990s. For starters there are more TTX designations for racks than just ETTX (fully enclosed tri-level) and TTGX (fully enclosed bi-level).

Ekankal did a reskin of majekear's enclosed rack in the style of a rebuilt CPAA Safe-Pak but unfortunately I don't know how to do a reskin like that with photo textures. For the stuff I have personally skinned I would need permission before uploading to the DLS.

New round of skins. First up the updated TTX wellcars courtesy of btvfd (thank you) in 1980s guise complete with APL's blue Stacktrain branding.
Trailer-Train-48%27-APL-Stacktrain-set.jpg

A reskinned set of TTLX spines backdated with Trailer Train markings.

A TTGX bi-level with the small GTW noodle.

TTRX tri-level in Route Rock blue.

TTRX Louisville & Nashville tri-level

Finally closing out with a beat-up looking Western Pacific TTKX car.

New round of skins. First up the updated TTX wellcars courtesy of btvfd (thank you) in 1980s guise complete with APL's blue Stacktrain branding.

A reskinned set of TTLX spines backdated with Trailer Train markings.

A TTGX bi-level with the small GTW noodle.

TTRX tri-level in Route Rock blue.

TTRX Louisville & Nashville tri-level

Finally closing out with a beat-up looking Western Pacific TTKX car.

amazing attention to detail and filling the void in our lives.
I wonder if you've done container and trailer commodity reskins? they can go great with those wellcars and spinecars
and I don't remember that ROCK PE autorack. Is there a photo of that IRL?
You can do reskins of those CNR CP wellcars to represent any ribbed-side wellcars even by Thrall as there sadly isn't enough wellcars in Trainz

Back