Show off your reskins!

Yes there is so much in that screenshot that I'm not going to ask. There's a BNSF steam train, and the darn train from GTA San Andreas

I can't even comprehend the fact that there's a locomotive painted in a BNSF scheme instead of an original scheme, and a GTA train is trailing, IN A FARM!

CD&N SD70MAC.

2022-05-15-164246.jpg

Just because you don't like someone else's reskin is no reason to go all toxic on them. Please keep those thoughts to yourself, or at least try to offer helpful suggestions instead. Several others who post on this thread have reskins who have many imperfections that could be nitpicked as well (including some of you negative posters). Trainz is supposed to be fun. Let's keep it that way.

d_doll01 keep posting what you want. Ignore all the doubters.

Just because you don't like someone else's reskin is no reason to go all toxic on them. Please keep those thoughts to yourself, or at least try to offer helpful suggestions instead. Several others who post on this thread have reskins who have many imperfections that could be nitpicked as well (including some of you negative posters). Trainz is supposed to be fun. Let's keep it that way.

d_doll01 keep posting what you want. Ignore all the doubters.
I had some kind of thought that they were kind of bullying.

My CP 5361 model as Louisville & Nashville no. 1356 and Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe no. 3165. Coincidentally, for each disguise I was able to rearrange the digits of "5361" to fit an accurate number of what an LN or ATSF Mike would've had. For the L&N, Mikes were numbered 1518-1592, so 1536 worked, and for the AT&SF mikes were numbered 3160-3172, so 3165 fit.

2022-05-18-180325.jpg

I felt like that n8phu's updates of Sporbust's ATSF GP60s could use a bit of a further upgrade. I color-corrected the textures of all them, not including 4018 as it has a pretty good shade of dark blue and faded yellow. The 5 units shown here will now go along better with the ATSF SD45s, SD40-2s and SD45-2s you can buy from Jointed Rail. I also swapped the trucks, engine sounds, engine specs and hornsounds on them. These reskins will be private because I don't know if Sporbust is still around to reach out for perms. Anyway I enjoyed making these and I think they turned out pretty well!

2022-05-19_002705.jpg

They look great!

Just a note though. There are at least two different versions of the long hood Santa Fe logo. The one shown on your reskins and another more, shall we say 'comical' version. The comical version is the one used on most if not all of the GP60's. You can see the difference in the logos in my signature. GP60(comical) on the left, GP39-2(non-comical) on the right. I made the same mistake when I first textured my model. Can't remember the "why" story behind the differences in the logos, tho.

They look really good. I still would have used ES44C4 and ACs and 7695, but I only use good detail and high quality content these days now

Those look great! You might have to talk to N8PHU on that.

I hope we do get more awesome Sporbust content in the future! I think there's even things Sporbust never made like the NS GEVOs, Conrail SD40-2 (w/ARN), BN SD40-2 (w/ARN), and the Conrail C40-8 (w/ARN) that I can still suggest, and these quality skins can still be made in the future.

n8phu said that he plans to upload a new pack of the ATSF GP60s with his new site. He saw my reskins on a discord server he was in. I'm interested in what features he has planned for them.

@shebashetan7: I just sent you a PM with SPORBUST's E-Mail which I got from n8phu two years ago when I was working on my own project that required modifying SPORBUST content.

Back