Show off your reskins!

Just for kicks
Made some skins on Dave's TWIN 45's

100514864_10207648061636982_1821864061118185472_o.jpg

99430058_10207648061316974_487398025530966016_o.jpg

100843174_10207648061436977_8068427164564848640_o.jpg

98599767_10207648062116994_5578168825280462848_o.jpg

Last edited:
Silver Lines ordered 45 SD60s new from EMD in 1985, delivered in 1986. The railroad was a bit hesitant after the SD50, but longstanding trust with EMD led the company to pick up a few still. They proved themselves to be good units, but not quite as spectacular as EMD had promised. Numbered 4500 to 4544, the units were delivered in the standard Silver Lines paint, and even included ditchlights on both front and rear. The railroad has always been an early adopter for ditchlights, though rear-lights were a new feature for them.

vyW1O3i.jpg

Quick set of shots taken before we actually managed to place the ditchlights on.

wrBI8Wh.jpg

UPJDwT9.jpg

50s or 45s are probably up next on the skinning list... maybe. Who knows at this point.

Cheers,
SM

Hello from France ,

I hope every body is fine ....

Some diesel railcars with two or three coaches from the 60's 70's in France ... WIP !!!

Have a nice day all , friendly, Marc

twas chatting about the different ATSF paint schemes yesterday in discord... so for fun today made a few fictional F7 bonnets.

The Silver Bonnet:
unknown.png

The Vomit Bonnet:
unknown.png

The Green Bonnet:
unknown.png

definitely looks like you have too much time on your hands

Johnson-Wax-JWAX-50ft-Insulated-Boxcar.jpg

i've even gotten into the type of reskinning hobby you have

is that a front runner I see in the first screenshot? right when I asked fourteen to make a industry-friendly version of that old TRS2006 piece of history, you beat him to it.

Last edited:
Here’s a reskin that I’ve been meaning to show my results of for months. This is my attempt at making the SCRX 3134 as seen in the final race scene in “The Fast and the Furious.” Of course the white number 3134 is backwards on one side, because of some mesh-related reasons, I believe, but since we know the numbers were mirrored in one or two shots in the movie, I may let this slide and consider this project complete. Making the orange 3134 visible on the black part of the cabs below the windows was tricky because of some other number meshes that blocked it, but after one thing leading to another, I got what I was aiming for.

The model used to make this reskin was from one of norfolksouther37’s older, outdated DLS models of the EMD GP40-2 CSX YN3, and NOT one of the payware versions on JointedRail.

I’m keeping it private, because I tried asking norfolksouther37 if he would be okay with me sharing this, but I never succeeded in getting a hold of him.

I actually hope I didn’t do anything wrong or illegal. If I did, I apologize in advance, and I’ll delete this whole reskin model altogether.

Last edited:
Two new Strasburg cars I made from K&L Trainz's hourly consist set (both are done using the Warren Benner coach as a base.) The first one is the SRC's car no. 118, the "Linn W. Moedinger". The only change other than lettering was the addition of the six-wheeled trucks found on the actual B&O car.

2020-06-15-010939.jpg

The second one is a car I designed, combining my three favorite things: architecture, trains, and fine cigars. This new coach, SRC 124 "Christopher Demuth" is named for the famous Lancaster, PA tobacconist and owner of Demuth Tobacco, at one point the oldest tobacco store in the United States (operating from 1770 (!!!) until 2010). The store today is part of the Demuth Museum, a gallery dedicated to the artwork of Charles Demuth, of which Christopher was an ancestor to. The design of the red stained glass with gold and black accenting comes straight from the painted glass of the Demuth Tobacco store window which can still be seen in Lancaster, PA. The car was originally a Great Northern, later Northern Pacific, wooden lounge car literally rotting away in a field in Blaisdell, ND. Restoration took 4 years and was Strasburg's most expensive car restoration to date. This is the only smoking lounge car in operation in the United States. The same six-wheel trucks from the Linn Moedinger were added and a middle frame was added to the stained glass windows to more closely mimic the Great Northern coach's construction.

Edit: When I say I designed it, I am currently designing an interior for the car, not to implement into Trainz but just as a fun thing to have designed (since I am an architecture student). The interior will be much like the Marian except with darker wood, wood floors instead of carpet (to avoid fire from misplaced cigar ashes), but a humidor with cigars will be at one end of the car along with a restroom and a well-stocked bar with high-end liquor will be at the other end. Wooden tables and leather swivel chairs will make up the seating. This car will be paired with the Marian (with the bars closest to eachother) on the hourly consist so the bars in each car can work together if necessary.

2020-06-15-011021.jpg

Last edited:
Back