Show off your reskins!

Threw a Whole Foods Market trailer together this afternoon on a davesnow model

c07a4850d80aae4e13977d2500fc6dbe.png

dd7307bcf6e0313d998d892d3dd58e6b.png

An update on ATSF #5000

Importing assets into T:ANE has been both a success and a failure. Spent two days going through every single faulty asset for one route to fix texturing issues and other problems with the scripting. The game is much quicker and less buggy, thank god, but hasn't been without its little problems. Thought I'd share an update on my Santa Fe #5000 model...

ATSF-5000-on-C%26O%27s-Hinton-Division.jpg

Had to make a few changes to the locomotive for T:ANE. First off, the bell no longer swings at all because I couldn't get it to stop swinging once I activated the bell sound. And, unfortunately, I had to go back to the old original driving wheel set because the K&L set I had on it began showing random meshes floating in space around the locomotive body and I have no idea how to hide them. Oh well, I guess the old ones will do for now. Oh and I painted the smokebox face a light gray shortly before acquiring T:ANE and the look has really grown on me. Now all I need to do is find the ATSF 4-8-4 locomotives I see floating around out there and I can reunite her with her operational/being restored "sisters" out west!

Last edited:
An update on ATSF #5000

Importing assets into T:ANE has been both a success and a failure. Spent two days going through every single faulty asset for one route to fix texturing issues and other problems with the scripting. The game is much quicker and less buggy, thank god, but hasn't been without its little problems. Thought I'd share an update on my Santa Fe #5000 model...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?65570-Show-off-your-reskins!&p=1633315#post1633315

Had to make a few changes to the locomotive for T:ANE. First off, the bell no longer swings at all because I couldn't get it to stop swinging once I activated the bell sound. And, unfortunately, I had to go back to the old original driving wheel set because the K&L set I had on it began showing random meshes floating in space around the locomotive body and I have no idea how to hide them. Oh well, I guess the old ones will do for now. Oh and I painted the smokebox face a light gray shortly before acquiring T:ANE and the look has really grown on me. Now all I need to do is find the ATSF 4-8-4 locomotives I see floating around out there and I can reunite her with her operational/being restored "sisters" out west!
-Looks good. Now we just need the atsf 3751 to go along with her ;).

-Joe

-Looks good. Now we just need the atsf 3751 to go along with her ;).

-Joe

I know! I've been looking all over for even a good candidate for kitbashing but I've been unable to find a locomotive with a boiler of the right scale to resemble the ATSF Northerns. I know TrainzItalia had a Santa Fe Northern at one point but I've been unable to track it down.

I did a photo textured skin of a ATSF Northern not to long ago... Not 3751 but 2926, the one being restored to operational status. Never really finished it but I'll dig around tomorrow and see what I can pull up and post here in the thread. I was never really satisfied with the skin simply because of the way way the model is mapped and how the textures are arranged, it made it very difficult to do.

I did a photo textured skin of a ATSF Northern not to long ago... Not 3751 but 2926, the one being restored to operational status. Never really finished it but I'll dig around tomorrow and see what I can pull up and post here in the thread. I was never really satisfied with the skin simply because of the way way the model is mapped and how the textures are arranged, it made it very difficult to do.

If you could find that it would be awesome! 2926 and 3751 weren't drastically different either so one model might suffice for the two of them...

And while I'm waiting to see if a Santa Fe Northern is gonna crop up, here is my (finished?) kitbash I did in memory of the late Jerry Jacobson. Age of Steam Roundhouse's Grand Trunk Western no.6325!

iMGdsns

iMGdsns.png

Had to create a few parts for this myself. Pieces of the locomotive are bdaneal and Steve Lerro's models. And before everyone jumps on it, no I don't have idea how to model an all-weather cab for the engine! :D

EDIT: The tender for the locomotive is from the SP 4-10-2 locomotive found on JointedRail.

Last edited:
had a go at weathering and patching and put it on a disused track full of weeds and overgrown grass looks like this engine has not moved from this place in 5 years
slenderman8888_20171031_0000.jpg

Last edited:
And while I'm waiting to see if a Santa Fe Northern is gonna crop up, here is my (finished?) kitbash I did in memory of the late Jerry Jacobson. Age of Steam Roundhouse's Grand Trunk Western no.6325!

iMGdsns

pic removed

Had to create a few parts for this myself. Pieces of the locomotive are bdaneal and Steve Lerro's models. And before everyone jumps on it, no I don't have idea how to model an all-weather cab for the engine! :D

EDIT: The tender for the locomotive is from the SP 4-10-2 locomotive found on JointedRail.

Im very impressed on this model Brian! hope to see more kitbashes in the future! :D

Alright, here she is. Like I previously stated I didn't like the way this engine is mapped, specifically the fact that I can't color the smokebox door silver, in true ATSF style. I also can't add detailed textures to the trailing trucks and things like piping and stuff because a lot of parts share the same texture. The tender needs more work before its done but it passes for now.

c37a492f572dab874fd3bb0cc8d4c679.jpg

Back